PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait to get home today

Renee W
04-02-2012, 01:01 PM
Just can't wait to get home from work today. Tonight will be the first time I get to dress in almost a month. For those who may not have read some of my posts from March, medical and family issues have been messing with my ability to dress. I had to have surgery to remove some kidney stones, so now finally, with all the tubes removed, the incision only having a small bandage on it and all bodily functions back to normal, I think I will be able to fully dress and be comfortable doing it.

I have slowly been dabbling back in to it, started wearing panties and night gowns again a couple of days ago. And, contrary to popular belief, wearing cotton guys underwear will not give you a rash, I wore them for about 3 weeks with no adverse affects. Shaved everything yesterday for the first time in a month, and again, contrary to popular fears, not a single thing was mentioned by doctors, techs or nurses about my shaved legs and chest when I was in the hospital.

Just can't wait, would have done some this weekend, but both days were booked with catching up on things.

kimdl93
04-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Glad to hear that you're healing up, Renee! Enjoy yourself!

Elle1946
04-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Are you sure about guys undies? Get better soon!!!

Veronnie2
04-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Glad to hear everything came out ok, now just get completely well, and get back to what you enjoy the most...being a girlie..veronnie2

Barbara Ella
04-02-2012, 06:49 PM
I have to question that statement about guy briefs. Remember, you were in the hospital, and recovering with heavy doses of antibiotics i suspect, so beware girls and wear at your own risk.

Glad you are better, and hopefully you will get on the real road to recovery tonight.

Barbara

Cynthia Anne
04-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Good for you girl! Glad to hear you are getting back to being yourself! Hugs and best wishes!

Marleena
04-02-2012, 10:08 PM
I hope you're feeling better Renee! A girl night should help lift the spirits, enjoy!:)

Renee W
04-02-2012, 10:14 PM
I have to question that statement about guy briefs. Remember, you were in the hospital, and recovering with heavy doses of antibiotics i suspect, so beware girls and wear at your own risk.

Glad you are better, and hopefully you will get on the real road to recovery tonight.

Barbara

Yea, I was on some heavy pain killers for a while so it may have clouded my perception of how the guy briefs felt.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts. I am about 98% recovered, incision still needs some time and just some slight soreness in the side. I was going to post a picture of the stones they pulled out, but removed it thinking that it might be too graphic or gross for some. They are clean and just look like rocks, but just knowing they came out of a kidney can make them seem gross.

Renee did get her time tonight, although she did skip the makeup, that hasn't been unboxed yet from when my sister stayed here to help out. Wore my taupe dress (did I say Taupe?), hose, bra, pumps and my long brown wig. To sum it all up I have 5 words of wisdom:

Happiness Is Wearing A Dress!

Sarah-J
04-02-2012, 10:32 PM
A speedy recovery to you on that last 2%! I'm betting Renee will be a big help with that!

Being Paige
04-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Glad your feeling better! I have had 4 opperation's to remove kidney stones so I know your pain. Happy dressing and enjoy!

Darlene-VA
04-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Glad to hear that everything went well with your surgery and life is returning to normal. And continue to enjoy those dresses!