PDA

View Full Version : Dating?

WanabJulie
04-02-2012, 03:10 PM
For those of you that do date men I am hoping for some advice. Thanks in advance for reading and any information or support.

I want to have a romantic night with a man and am hoping to talk a little and get some advice before I go out into the out world. I don’t think I am ready to be in the general public fully dressed. So my problem is that I am not attracted to men when I am not in femme mode and would want my date to be attracted to my femme look. I have been to a couple of gay bars underdressed but they seemed geared to the male/male dating. The most I have done is gone out underdressed and I was very nervous the whole time. I don’t know if I could even talk to a man in a public bar while been dressed. In private you can’t shut me up. I have had a few encounters with men that I had known for years, but always in full femme mode and in my house. In those encounters the men have pretty much been interested in getting straight to business as it were and not interested in a romantic evening. I am wondering if there are any suggestions as to what type of places or a specific place (near Seattle/Tacoma) I can look for a man that would like to have a nice evening of romance with a crossdresser. I have tried looking at the usual online sites but I need the feeling or vibe you can only get in person to be attracted to someone. I have spent a lot of time thinking about this to no avail.

If it did come down to going to a place fully dressed does anyone know of a place in my area where I could get my hair and makeup done?

Thanks a bunch,

Julie

Cheryl T
04-02-2012, 03:49 PM
That depends...where are you??????????????

Soriya
04-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Julie,

Your thoughts are not uncommon however this is a very touchy subject. Unfortunately, most men, I won't say all but most are only interested in one thing when it comes to CD's and TS's. This makes such a search very hard to succeed at. Not trying to discourage you, but you should be aware of this fact before you get let down a time or two.

Millie
04-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Being bisexual myself, I have a couple so called relationships with men and all of them just wanted to get right to it. That's ok, it fills a need, but like yourself I to would like a nice romantic evening with that one guy who is a gentle man. Being a man yourself you know the feeling of just wanting to get right too it. But being a cd as you and I are also, we understand wanting to be romantic. I have stopped dating regular men and now just look towards dating transgendered men and other cd's. Love Millie

WanabJulie
04-02-2012, 04:56 PM
I am in Washington, Seattle/Tacoma area.

Sophie_C
04-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Honestly, I think you're going a little too alone on this. Girls don't typically go out solo, for many reasons, especially being able to give input to each other, advice, have their take on people, etc - and you need this as you get used to being out as a lady. I'd say just focus on going out, making friends and having a good time, and when you've got that down, and you're completely comfortable in your own skin, then guys will be a lot easier to handle, especially with some girlfriends at your side.

ReineD
04-03-2012, 01:48 AM
Hi Julie, welcome to the forum! :hugs:

Someone else posted a thread asking a similar question. You might want to read it:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?171747-online-dating

I agree with the others in this thread and in the link above, and my response to you is the same (see post #17).

Sorry to be so harsh. I know you're new and all but unfortunately it is what it is. My SO and I go out quite a bit. We used to go to gay bars a lot in the beginning when my SO was building her confidence with regards to blending in and passing (we both felt LGBT bars/clubs were "safer"), and so I also have first hand experience with the type of men who are attracted to TGs. :p

I'm sure there are some nice men who would be interested in the romantic evening you dream of, but I'm afraid they are rare.

Edit
If you want to try your luck at finding clubs or beauty salons in your area, you can post a thread in the Meeting Place and/or google gay bars in the SeaTac area. But, stay away from leather bars. My SO told me (that generally) they don't take to TGs all too well. Also, it wouldn't hurt to check out any new bar out in guy mode first to see if you feel comfortable there. As to salons, if you don't get any recommendations from here, you can drive around your town and see if any give you good vibes and then call and ask if they cater to TGs. This is what my SO did and she never ran into any problems. :)

Jordan
04-03-2012, 08:50 AM
I am a little differant as I would not want to go out with a male but another cd could be very interesting

sherri
04-03-2012, 08:54 AM
You're in for quite an education. :-)

NicoleScott
04-03-2012, 09:03 AM
I've been out (driving, walking, shopping) a lot, but I was always afraid to go IN to a public place where I could been see as an obvious CD. I finally decided I would go to a tg-friendly club. I had a fun time, no problems, and went back a few more times. But always alone.
I'm straight and hae no romantic or sexual desires for men, but I have long thought it would be fun to go on a date with a man. Not for romance or sex, but just being out with a companion. I have never done this, but I think it would be nice to have a CD friend to go out with. OR - to take turns being the guy - then the girl - on the date.

Alicia_lynn419
04-03-2012, 04:59 PM
This is a common desire/wish/fantasy of mine too, and like you, just can't seem to find someone deserving of me. Not to sound conceited, just am picky about who I would trust my well-being with. Don't just settle...

Lorenqt
04-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Most guys are interested in just one thing (that's not our companionship). A couple of weeks ago, I was trying to chat, online, with a guy. After a couple of messages, he said, "I just wanna f*ck".

Janet77
04-03-2012, 06:30 PM
This is a common desire/wish/fantasy of mine too, and like you, just can't seem to find someone deserving of me. Not to sound conceited, just am picky about who I would trust my well-being with. Don't just settle...
That is exactly how I feel......Not sure I would want to meet anyone on the types of sites where CDs can post ads.....Maybe we'll get lucky on here!

Kate Simmons
04-06-2012, 08:47 PM
It's hard to find a good man who will accept you for who you are. Once you find such a person, my advice is to hold onto him and build a loving relationship if the two of you are of that mindset. It can and does happen.:)

Rhonda in Ocala Fl
04-07-2012, 09:21 AM
I am a hetorosexual. But I would love to date another CD.....there's one named Candy on another site that is absolutely gorgeous! Now, I'd date her in a heart beat and would want to makeout with her; that thought alone excites me! BUT as far as dating a man dressed as a man...no thanks....but for someone dressed, if she were gorgeous, I'd say..."Hey, let's explore"!