PDA

View Full Version : Is this a Purse or European Carry All?

Mistress Frillee
11-05-2005, 02:20 PM
Here is a pic of the leather case carry all.... I took a pic of it with a set of keys beside it to show the size of the bag..... what do you think

does it look like a purse?

can a guy carry this in public & get away with it?

** PLEASE do not give me the " do what you feel response!" --->>> thats NOT what I am asking... I am asking you to take a stand, one way or the other..... ( doing so may keep me from making a jack@!# of myself in public) I want to know if I would attract undue negative attention... for example, I wear womens low rise , flared jeans in public, some have no pockets, BUT sometimes when I am with family or friends, I will wear a longer fleecevest or long shirt to cover the fact that it has no pockets..... then it attacts NO attention... see what I mean?????

http://tinypic.com/fcjwck.jpg

Mistress Frillee
11-05-2005, 02:22 PM
http://tinypic.com/fcjwyc.jpg

Mistress Frillee
11-05-2005, 02:23 PM
This is going to be wore in public as a guy...... just FYI

KatieZ
11-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Looks like a case for binoculars to me.

Hugs

KathrynW
11-05-2005, 02:38 PM
honestly, it looks pretty femmy to me...
Can you get away with it? It's a 50/50 chance, I'd guess...

Dian
11-05-2005, 02:45 PM
I think it is going to depend on what your wearing it with. If you have under a fleece vest, no is going to notice it. I have a similiar case that I carry a small GPS in. I carry over my shoulder quite often and have never had a comment.

Mistress Frillee
11-05-2005, 03:01 PM
very interesting..... the wide range of opinions is very good.. keep em coming.....

eleventhdr
11-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Yes well I do have a hand bag kind of like this one it is a real purse. But i have had it in my car a few time in the past. Have as of yet not carried one out in public but that is just here because indeed it does seem to attract negitive attention but that agian is just because it is here in the states where it is still backward on this kinfd of stuff. But I would carry it depending where and when i was still in the circumstaces. I think your's looks just fine to carry where ever you might wish to so i would not worry about it and go for it if and when you do wish to. it looks great to me. Tell me where to get one for myself as well would like to have one also. Thank's Suzy Eleventh Doctor how much are they as well and where can one purchase one!.

TGMarla
11-05-2005, 03:16 PM
I agree with Katie. Anyone who looks at it (if you're not rummaging around in it for your keys or anything) is going to think "binocular case".

Jonien
11-05-2005, 03:46 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_13_18.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZRxdm075YYNL) When out without pockets and don't feel right with a hand bag,
I've used a camera case and it is not necessary to match your outfit

Rachel Morley
11-05-2005, 03:47 PM
IMHO.....

In picture #1 it looks like a binoculars case. In picture #2 there seems to be some sort of embroidered pattern or something on the top flap...this makes it more femmy. Too femme for a guy to carry over his shoulder? I would say yes.

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-05-2005, 04:18 PM
Photo #1 looks like a camera/binocular case, which is a little odd, but doable. Can't quite tell what on top in #2, but it could be problematic if it looks too femmy.

OTOH, saw an article (http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/living/fashion/12976741.htm) recently that man purses are becoming trendy -- just don't called ia "man purse" -- so you could just be seen as fashion forward. After a dude needs a place to stow his cellphone, iPod, etc.

Billijo49504
11-05-2005, 05:14 PM
1. I don't see the keys. 2. It looks like a purse to me.

JulieNY
11-05-2005, 05:46 PM
I'm also voting it as a binoc leather, although it does vibe a bit femme.

It's one of those items that is unusual enough to draw a little attention, and then ambiguous enough to be passed off. Not the kind of thing I would have if there were other clues about (unisex clothes, nice nails, etc.).

I'd rock it :p

Phoebe Reece
11-05-2005, 05:55 PM
I don't think I would carry it if I was going to have a few beers at a biker bar.

KathrynW
11-05-2005, 05:55 PM
You're in Canada?
Well, I've heard Canada is a bit more open minded than the good ole USA, so maybe you can slide under the cracks and not get noticed. I think at lot depends on where you are. NYC or LA, yeah...the same deal probably goes.
Many other places in the USA? You'd definitely be risking getting some rude comments and maybe more...

I don't think I would carry it if I was going to have a few beers at a biker bar.
ok...snicker, snicker, I get it...
BUT ask yourself this question...
How many people who have ever gone to a biker bar would even be reading this forum in the first place?

Phoebe Reece
11-05-2005, 06:44 PM
ok...snicker, snicker, I get it...
BUT ask yourself this question...
How many people who have ever gone to a biker bar would even be reading this forum in the first place?
Kathryn, while my comment was meant to be tounge in cheek, there are lots of stereotypes about crossdressers. You would probably be surprised how many bikers are crossdressers. There are at least 6 in my local Tri-Ess chapter. There are others on this forum.

Kimberly
11-05-2005, 07:43 PM
erm.... purse!!

No - carry all!! ..... damn. :(

KathrynW
11-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Kathryn, while my comment was meant to be tounge in cheek, there are lots of stereotypes about crossdressers. You would probably be surprised how many bikers are crossdressers. There are at least 6 in my local Tri-Ess chapter. There are others on this forum.
I don't doubt it ;) Just speaking for myself, I know I definitely over compensated on the macho thing for many, many years...:angel:

Tamara Croft
11-05-2005, 08:23 PM
Looks like a case for binoculars to me.Ditto ;)