PDA

View Full Version : A good morning experience

kimdl93
04-04-2012, 11:37 AM
I had another positive experience this morning. For the record, I was waring a finely striped, v neck T-top with three-quarter sleeves, white knit jeans (both from from Coldwater Creek) and sandals. I looked about as good as I'm able to.

I had to return an item to the drycleaner that mistakenly been included in our stuff. After that errand, I ran over to Bed Bath and Beyond to see if I could get a replacement gasket for our blender (it had a big, messy blow out, but that's another story).

While at BBand Beyond, an SA, about 5'5", attractive and nicely made up, perhaps in her late 30's/early 40's, approached me from behind and said, "Miss, can I help you find something?" I explained what I needed - and they don't carry parts. But she did take another moment to find an 800 number for replacement parts. During our entire exchange, I spoke in something approaching a feminine voice, but despite my various tells and making a lot of eye contact, I never for one moment got any impression that she questioned my gender. She was either very good at hiding her surprise or curiosity, but its also possible that I actually passed this one time.

~Joanne~
04-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Thats awesome Kim :) hopefully you got the part you needed too. Sometimes it's cheaper just to buy a new blender ;)

Sue Too
04-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Wow Kim

That is a wonderful way to start the day. They are truly special moments----the kind we never get enough of. Rock On!!

Susan in Phoenix

STACY B
04-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Just think that must meen your geting better looking everyday ,, What do you exspect ,, Your moving more an more towards being a lady not a man so the more you do the more you will get in return ,, Dont be so surprized ,,, Our KIM is growing into a lady ,,,How time flys .

Laura912
04-04-2012, 01:36 PM
But will you be able to get the part? ;)

carhill2mn
04-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Isn't it amazing how good you feel after such an experience?

Marleena
04-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Ahhh more nice stories! Bravo Kim!

Barbara Ella
04-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Wonderful experience, either way. Either she is fine with who you are, or you are getting better looking all the time. Win . Win.
I hope you get the part, it's always a bummer when you cant get a part that should be replaceable.

Barbara

DanaR
04-04-2012, 04:07 PM
I think that a lot of people don't go into the OMG look or feel when they encounter us, some do though. I like to think that most are genuinely there to do their job and help.

kimdl93
04-04-2012, 04:10 PM
I think that a lot of people don't go into the OMG look or feel when they encounter us, some do though. I like to think that most are genuinely there to do their job and help.

No, the the OMG look - I can usually pick out just a little extra twinkle in the eye, a knowing smile and sometimes maybe a slightly affected way of saying "ma'm or miss". But you're probably right - she may just have been focused on doing her job.

LeaP
04-04-2012, 04:19 PM
It's that extra confidence boost you got from reaching 6000 posts, Kim!

That and sterling presentation!

Lea

kimdl93
04-04-2012, 08:46 PM
6012!!!! I cant imagine! That wasn't a goal but a better presentation certainly has been.