PDA

View Full Version : Started therapy today

Rachel Smith
04-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Saw my therapist for the first time today. She seems well educated, really nice and easy to talk to. So w/o the gory details here's how it went. She ask me a question, I cried when I answered. She ask me another question, I cried when I answered. Get the idea. Anyway that's pretty much how it went. I hope she is not as exhausted as I am, lol.

We also talked about the anti-depressant my GP prescribed for me as I wanted a second opinion about it. She thought it was a good idea as well and explained to me why SHE thought it good which was more in depth then my GP's reasons.

I would like to thank everyone here for all the positive posts about therapy, not to me directly but in other posts. W/o reading all the positive posts about it I most likely would have never gone.

Love Rachel

Pamela Kay
04-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Good for you Rachel!

It will take a few sessions before you really feel like you are doing any good, but you are.
Congratulations on another important step on the path in the right direction.

So happy for you.

Julia_in_Pa
04-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Hi Rachel!

I'm very pleased that you are finding outlets in therapy.
Don't be afraid of an anti depressant, you'll be feeling the positive effects of both these quite soon. :)

Julia

Jorja
04-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Good for you. I hope you will find answers to all of your questions and then some.

Kristyn Hill
04-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Good for you, Rachel. Hugs.

Laurie Ann
04-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Rachel,

That is great news now all you need to do is follow the Yellow Brick Road

sandra-leigh
04-04-2012, 08:00 PM
I've seen people just about to go into the therapy room, pause in the reception area, give a little grimace, pick up an extra box of tissue, and then head in. So you are not alone: therapy can be pretty wringing.

Crying can be a gift. It might not seem like it, but never crying and just holding everything inside forever is harder.

LeannL
04-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Rachel,
Congratulations on taking this step toward a happier existence. As others have said, both will help.
Leann

PS. The fact that you got more information about the anti-depressant from the therapist than the doctor is a reflection of the fact that the therapist gets paid by the hour and the GP gets paid by the patient.

Rachel Smith
04-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Thank you ladies for your support. It is quite tiring but I shall continue to go. It's nice to have someone to talk to that actually listens and can give advice on how to get over some of lifes issues.

Love Rachel

JohnH
04-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Rachel,

If you're anything like me the M2F HRT will make you a lot happier. It has for me as well. Most likely you won't need the antidepressant after awhile.

Take care,

John