PDA

View Full Version : Should i ask before i book?

eire emma
04-05-2012, 02:59 AM
Hi girls. Emma's my name and I'm a new member. I live in Ireland.I ve been out a few times fully en femme and loved it,but I'm planning to go to Dublin soon for a few days as there is a trans club there that sounds really cool. I am hoping to be in girl mode most of the time and have organised a salon that will do my makeup(talked to them on the phone and they have no problem) but il have to book a hotel and my question is this. Should I ask them first if they would have any problem with a cd coming and going in hotel as I would love to be dressed most of the time to go shopping etc. Your advice would be great on this as its the only thing holding me back. Thanks Emma.:)

Annie D
04-05-2012, 06:47 AM
Hotels are like CD's; where there is one, you will find two and if there are two, there will be three. I wouldn't waste my time calling ahead unless you wish to make an arrangement. If the hotel you choose won't let you check in for some reason then go on to the next one. Be sure to be prepared to go somewhere else if refused service; I can't imagine them refusing you. Just give the name they will see on your identification for when you check in and go about having a good time. As long as you follow the local dress codes (no shirt, no shoes, no service) you will be fine. Have fun!

Sandra
04-05-2012, 07:41 AM
When Nigella and myself have gone to stay anywhere we have never called ahead, to be honest all they are really bothered about is the money that they will be getting from you for the room. Go and enjoy yourself.

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-05-2012, 02:14 PM
The idea of a hotel not accepting you enfemme would never occur to me so I would never ask the question. Just go and have a grand time. Of course I don't know the laws in Ireland but I assume they are fairly accepting. My wife and I are planning a trip to Ireland and Scotland in the next couple years to research ancestry and I gaurantee you that I won't be asking if I can check in as my fem self, I'll just do it.

JessHaust
04-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Keep in mind that most of us are in the States and things can be different here than in Ireland. Dublin is a big city and should pose no problems. I been to Dublin and spent time in the irish countryside. The city is definitely going to be easier than anywhere else, while I loved everything about my time there, in the smaller towns, if I went to the pub, everybody knew it and probably what and how much I drank!

DonnaT
04-05-2012, 02:43 PM
It's doubtful the will have a problem with your coming and going, so no need to raise the question.
Any problems, check out another accommodation http://www.purpleroofs.com/europe/ireland.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYHxujV56lQ
http://www.dublinspot.com/things-to-do-dublin/dublin-gay-bars.htm

eire emma
04-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Thanks everyone, guess il just have to pull up my tights and go for it! Hoping to go towards the end of April. Will let you know how it goes. Really looking forward to it but strangely nervous,Bye for now and thanks again.

DianeDeBris
04-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Hi Emma - welcome! It's unusual to hear you've been out in Eire elsewhere than Dublin. Would you mind telling us where you've been, and the name of the TG club in Dublin? I'm assuming it's just south of Temple Square. The ladies are right that no tourist hotel will bat an eye at any of us. I know for sure the Shelbourne focuses *only on your ability to pay, although they do charge for the privilege! B&B's, of course, are a different story. (The ITB has high standards, but we are not on their list). Ca as tu? Hugs - Diane

HannahF6
04-06-2012, 12:11 AM
I agree with almost every comment made. The hotel has only one concern, if you are booking a room, will you pay? How you dress will concern them not one iota. Calling ahead and asking if they are OK with a CD raises an issue they don't want to know about, so don't put them on the spot.

Hannah

DanaR
04-06-2012, 02:06 AM
I don't think that you would have any problems, like the others have mentioned. But, I would for my own peace of mind ask. I would call, don't tell them who you are and ask the question, would they be alright with you coming in and out of their hotel crossdressed. You could mention, even if you aren't, that you are booked at their hotel for several days. You don't need to till them when. If they said no, then no problem. If they say yes, then be careful, if you intend to stay there. I would go somewhere else if that was the case, but sometimes you don't have a choice. I would rather find out what to expect, than find out the hard way.

eire emma
04-06-2012, 02:31 AM
Hi Emma - welcome! It's unusual to hear you've been out in Eire elsewhere than Dublin. Would you mind telling us where you've been, and the name of the TG club in Dublin? I'm assuming it's just south of Temple Square. The ladies are right that no tourist hotel will bat an eye at any of us. I know for sure the Shelbourne focuses *only on your ability to pay, although they do charge for the privilege! B&B's, of course, are a different story. (The ITB has high standards, but we are not on their list). Ca as tu? Hugs - Diane

Hello Diane, the name of the club is T-H Dublin you can check their website. I've been out fully en femme in Cork city about 5 times, I luckily found a beauty salon about 3years ago that does wigs and also does my makeup (bare minerals) the girls are really cool and understanding and they also let me change there. But I be not been out since last year as I stupidly purged everything after a major guilt trip and am only now getting my wardrobe back together(can't seem to find a denim mini and Brown knee high boots like I had! ) but never had any problems in shops like Brown Thomas which is a large store on Patrick street the SAs always very friendly. Some of the smaller shoe shops seemed a bit uncomfortable alright so I tended to avoid them. Do you visit Ireland much? And if you or anyonelse here has been out enfemme in Ireland I'd love to hear your experiences. But I highly recommend Cork lots of great shops there. Slan anois ,Emma.

Shelly Preston
04-06-2012, 04:42 AM
Hi Emma

I have not been to Ireland so I can not comment directly. However I just returned from a weekend away where I checked in and out in femme mode. Not one word was said as to how I was dressed.
I would suggest that if using the larger hotel chains they wont even blink.

I hope you have a great time.

TxKimberly
04-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Never been to Ireland (to my great regret as I would LOVE to visit!) but I do check into hotels every single week in the states. I've NEVER been treated with anything less than the greatest of respect and even open friendship. The clerks at a few of the hotels that I stay at often are on a first name basis and know my name before I hand over my ID.
I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.
Someone posted that the only thing that they are concerned with is that you pay your bill. I would add one more thing to that - they would not be pleased if you were to come and go in inappropriate attire that might run off some of their other guests. Cross dressed they will be fine with. Walking through the lobby in nothing but a corset and fishnets though, might be a different matter though.

eire emma
04-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Never been to Ireland (to my great regret as I would LOVE to visit!) but I do check into hotels every single week in the states. I've NEVER been treated with anything less than the greatest of respect and even open friendship. The clerks at a few of the hotels that I stay at often are on a fst name basis and know my name before I hand over my ID.
I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.
Someone posted that the only thing that they are concerned with is that you pay your bill. I would add one more thing to that - they would not be pleased if you were to come and go in inappropriate attire that might run off some of their other guests. Cross dressed they will be fine with. Walking through the lobby in nothing but a corset and fishnets though, might be a different matter though.

Thanks Kimberly, plan to dress casual during the day for shopping etc,and hoping to pick up a cute dress for going to t-girl club.