PDA

View Full Version : Smooth, Shaved Legs and an Unexpected Family Visit

Anne2345
04-05-2012, 11:31 AM
A few weeks ago, I wrote about my intent to continue shaving my legs through the spring and summer. This will be a first for me, and I am excited, if not also just a little bit nervous, about the prospect. Although it is still early in the season, I have remained true to my word thus far, and have diligently maintained smooth and hair free legs.

This spring, however, has been unseasonably warm, if not downright hot at times. As such, the opportunity to wear shorts has presented itself more often than not. Although I was hopeful that I would be able to gradually work myself back into society with feminized legs, I have not shied away from the moment. I have worn shorts whenever possible, and whenever the opportunity has presented itself. In this, despite how insignificant it may ultimately be, I am determined to make a stand. I like the way my legs look and feel after I shave. I enjoy the femininity that my legs mirror and portray. I am proud of my legs, and shall display them for all the world to see, if the world so desires to take notice.

This is not to say, though, that I do not occasionally worry about what others may think or say. When I first began shaving during shorts weather last September, a couple of friends of mine did call me on the carpet and asked about my legs. I believe I handled the situation well, I responded to the inquiries, and life miraculously (but somehow predictably) continued on.

Regardless of my change in attitude over maintaining hair free legs, I must admit, though, that the thought of exhibiting my bare legs around my parents has, until just recently, scared the crap of me. I know, I know, I know - I am 42 years old, I am a grown adult, they are my legs, and I should be able to do with them as I please. If someone does not approve, that is not my problem, it is their problem. But my parents are my parents. My father, in particular, did his damnedest to raise me as a masculine manly man. Obviously, his attempts did not work out so well, but I digress . . . .

Still, the thought of presenting my denuded legs around my parents has caused me no small amount of discomfort, and is not something I have been looking forward to.

But the thing about hair removal is it is a commitment. Once it is done, it is done. It is not like you can grow the hair back in overnight. It just doesn't work that way. Committed is as committed does. And this is where I quite unexpectedly found myself last week - committed beyond the point of no return.

With but a day's notice, I found myself down south with my parents, sisters, uncles, aunts, nieces, nephews, and cousins for several days. Family members came from all over, some of whom I had not seen or visited with in many years. Lo and behold, though, the temperatures were in the mid to high 80s throughout the entirety of my stay. Except when inappropriate, I wore shorts the entire time.

Admittedly, it was not always easy to do so. I had moments where I almost shied away, gave in, and wore pants. But I didn't give in. Instead, I persevered, and all but welcomed a comment or two be thrown my way about my legs. No comments were forthcoming, though. If anyone noticed, nobody said a word. At least not to me. Even moreso, if some did take note, I was not treated any differently than I otherwise would have been. In this, I was not judged. I was not ridiculed. I was not scorned. I was not made fun of. I was not cast aside. Instead, I was just another member of a kind, loving, and supportive family. Just another member of my family. And just another family member that just so happens to have some amazingly hot, long, good looking legs, but I digress yet again . . . . :heehee:

Of course, being family, loving one another, and simply supporting each other are some of the most basic and important characteristics of a family. In the face of what it ultimately means to be family, worrying about whether a cousin, parent, uncle, aunt, or sibling notices whether one's legs are nice, smooth, and feminine, in the grand scheme of things, is not really an insurmountable or consequential concern at all. At least, having overcome my discomfort and worry around my family about my legs, this is the lesson I have taken from this rather small yet important self-victory . . . .

Sara Jessica
04-05-2012, 11:43 AM
And the elephant in your room just got a little happier. Be sure to keep her well fed.

kimdl93
04-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Congratulations on another step out of the shadow and another lesson learned. Pretty soon you'll be completely at ease displaying those long, smooth, feminine legs. Your family is the biggest test. No one else really matters or cares.

LeaP
04-05-2012, 12:21 PM
I've never particularly liked wearing shorts, which probably harks back to the little boy's blue shorts suit I was forced to wear against my will, pre-school. Having legs worthy of a troll hasn't helped, either.

Maybe this year, though. I've been epilating regularly and will not go back. That plus weight loss makes the thought palatable. I wonder if I would get a reaction.

'Course there are shorts and there are shorts. Humongous baggy long cargo shorts and little teeny flimsy runners shorts. Not being a shorts wearer, I wouldn't know where to begin without winding up looking like a complete dork.

Hopefully the LACK of reaction you got makes your wife feel better about it too. You never know what people will accept or even notice until you get there.

Great story and well written!

Lea

TNRobin
04-05-2012, 12:28 PM
I made the commitment to laser hair removal on everything from my face down. The legs part isn't what scared me as bad as the no hairy underarms. I thought for sure that someone would notice that, or at least my arms being devoid of hair since I was so hairy before, but so far no one has noticed, or at least said anything.

I think that if anyone does notice that it'll be a woman. Guys really don't pay much attention to that kind of thing, or don't seem to. It is going to be a bit odd the next time that I get a girlfriend though. The one that I was dating at the time, and we had a serious relationship, was very supportive of me dressing up and going out. She actually enjoyed it! I'll be hard pressed to find a woman that enjoys that again, but I'm trying.

But back to the original post, congratulations on your commitment, it's a lot nicer, isn't it?!

Alice B
04-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Others will think nothing of it. My legs are always shaved and I have never had a negative comment about it. In fact, over 4 years I have had only one person even ask. I simply said I like the look and feel and he supprised me by saying he would also like it.

prettytoes
04-05-2012, 12:47 PM
I went through the same thing last month. I began shaving my legs last Fall, and decided that they fealt and looked too good to let the hair grow back...I just plain enjoy the look and feel of them smooth and hairless.
I went on a Caribbean trip with a group I travel with last month, and a few of them are real ball-busters. I was apprehensive about keeping my legs shaved, but decided to go for it. Well, nobody said one word about my legs! I'm not sure if they didn't notice, or if they did notice, but chose to leave it alone. I actually noticed that one of the other guys in the group also had his legs shaved. Either way, I now realize that nobody really cares if my legs are shaved, so I may as well keep them the way I like them, smooth and sexy!
I'm glad to see that you got the same reaction I did...none! Enjoy those silky, sexy legs!

Laura912
04-05-2012, 01:13 PM
This just out, invented, patented, and marketed by moi. Leg toupes!!! For a small fee and horrendous shipping fees, we will send you a toupe just for your hair style, custom made. We use genuine hair clippings from barber shops and the finest hair solons...oh, well. Glad it all worked out. ;)

Rachel Renee
04-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Anne, I loved reading this as I am in a similar boat. I usually start shaving in November and stop around New Year's, but this year I have decided to throw caution to the wind and start shaving again. I have also started shaving my chest. A little bit of eyebrow shaping is next.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I feel much the same way as you described and while a bit nervous about people noticing (some, not all), I have said "to hell with it". I am going to do what I like and if anyone does ask, I know they probably won't care enough for it to be a big deal. Your OP helps to confirm this for me so thank you for sharing. :)

Marleena
04-05-2012, 01:45 PM
This just out, invented, patented, and marketed by moi. Leg toupes!!! For a small fee and horrendous shipping fees, we will send you a toupe just for your hair style, custom made. We use genuine hair clippings from barber shops and the finest hair solons...oh, well. Glad it all worked out. ;)

Lol @..leg toupes!:)

@ Anne good for you! I can't tell you the number of guys of all ages I see with shaved legs. It's quite common and they obviously don't care.

How about we create and market nude color hairy pantyhose for those special outings..lol.

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Good for you Anne, I have been shaving my legs now for three years and only a couple times have anyone made any mention of it. The next step is painted toenails, can you get away with that??? LOL!!!! I really don't know why GG's get to wear all the nice clothes and makeup and "men" have to wear boring clothes and no makeup, how is that fair????

Cheryl T
04-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Still, the thought of presenting my denuded legs around my parents has caused me no small amount of discomfort, and is not something I have been looking forward to.

Just remember....Pressure is something self-imposed. No one else can pressure you.
We all have that "what did I do, what will I say" conflict the first time we present our smooth legs/arms to the public and especially to family. But what you have discovered is that all the worry was needless. People don't really care about such things as there are too many meaningful worries in life to keep us all occupied.

Welcome to the smooth club...hope your stay is long, healthy and happy.

ronda
04-05-2012, 02:46 PM
i have had smooth hairless leg most of my life when ever someone ask about them i just say i was born that way and all of us are i have not seen a hairy leg baby yet

Richelle423
04-05-2012, 04:41 PM
This summer I'm gonna try to shave my legs for the whole season and I don't care what any body says! I'll just tell'em I dont want deer ticks or something. or maybe I was born without hair on my legs.

Eryn
04-05-2012, 04:52 PM
The fact is, even if someone notices they are very unlikely to say anything. Could you imagine your friend saying "Hey Bill, how about another beer, and by the way, nice smooth legs you have there!" Nope, not gonna happen in Guy World. The thought might sit in their brain for a few moments until it is pushed out by something more pressing. The next time they see your legs it will be the norm and will be totally ignored. All those plans for alibis and snappy retorts go down the tube!

I think the only way it could be a problem is if you go back and forth. Keep your legs smooth and you'll have no issues.

Jeanna
04-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Way to go Anne! The first time I shaved, I shaved everything, then as I was entering our spa,my wife suddenly noticed, "you shaved your legs", "hey you shaved your...you look like a girl!" I replied "you think so? I love the felling of being smooth. It's no wonder why girls shave!" Anyhow enjoy:)

Cynthia Anne
04-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Love your story as always Anne! It's great to take a stand in being yourself! Hugs!

Lorenqt
04-05-2012, 07:28 PM
I usually keep my legs shaved. Who says that men are supposed to have hairy legs?

SuzanneS
04-05-2012, 07:56 PM
I've been shaving everything below my waist for awhile. However, I don't wear shorts or open toed shoes either.... I even keep my chest hair and armpit hair trimmed back lately...This summer I plan on wearing shorts anyway and getting some sun on my legs. Not sure how this is going to work out as I have family that will pop in just "out of the blue" quite regularly. My Momma knows that I had leg hair at one time....

Suzanne

JLynn17
04-05-2012, 08:02 PM
omg baby u are so pretty just show them ur pictures and tell them why... I got caught up finally with the eyeliner showed everyone i worked with my pictures cause ya know of course they was askin why my nails was done and i was wearin eyeliner mascara ... but in the end most people either one accept ya as you are, two dont care either way, three just kinda ignore ya, our four have more fun with it than you do... but baby like i said u are such a pretty girl and pretty girls need shaved legs if they dont understand that then blah too em

Barbara Ella
04-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Good for you Anne. i epilate arms. legs, and chest, and shave all others, and will never go back. I have never work shorts, but am going to start this season, just cause i can, Just need to get some tan on them. Your family is your rock, and they only want you to be around them, your appearance is a distant finisher. Your self victory is to be celebrated, and the joy you have taken from it shared by all. thanks for the sharing.

Barbara

CarlaWestin
04-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Yeah, look around, everyone shaves their legs. We're just waiting for you to join in. I've had my legs and everything else from the nostrils down shaved for years. It feels great and no one cares, including me. Just do it!

kimberly ann487
04-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Anne, I'm in the same position as you are. I always shaved my legs and chest during the winter, feeling "safe" all covered up. This spring I'm not stopping. We'll both find out what happens together, lol.

Sara Jessica
04-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Could you imagine your friend saying "Hey Bill, how about another beer, and by the way, nice smooth legs you have there!"

Honestly, I'm shocked that hasn't happened yet.

PretzelGirl
04-05-2012, 10:29 PM
It is a weeding out process. Most people (outside of us) aren't checking out every little thing about other people's bodies. And then with those that do, it is like Eryn says, the few remaining aren't going to say anything so they don't seem rude.

You can watch all the commercials these days where a guy doesn't have a shirt one (like shaving commercials). Ever see chest or arm hair on them? It isn't as uncommon as we worry, but that doesn't mean there aren't people that find it unusual. But taking that back to my first point, if they aren't noticing that times are changing, they probably aren't noticing that you are. My brother-in-law fits that bill. Changed many things right under his nose while being around him 3-6 nights a week. Never a comment.

I am still pondering the word "denuded"..... :thinking:

Anne2345
04-05-2012, 10:41 PM
You can watch all the commercials these days where a guy doesn't have a shirt one (like shaving commercials). Ever see chest or arm hair on them? It isn't as uncommon as we worry, but that doesn't mean there aren't people that find it unusual.

In my community (which is socially conservative), guys do not shave their bodys like in the commercials. And guys particularly do not shave their legs. After I began shaving/epilating mine, I have taken the opportunity to view other guys' legs out in the wild. Other than myself, I have yet to discover another guy that shaves his legs. I am sure he is out there, somewhere. I do live in a large area, but still. I just ain't seen any other dudes with shaved legs. Not even one (other than myself)

I am still pondering the word "denuded"..... :thinking:

What's wrong with the word "denuded?" I used it in the thread OP. Or is that what you are referring to?

PretzelGirl
04-05-2012, 10:45 PM
What's wrong with the word "denuded?" I used it in the thread OP. Or is that what you are referring to?

I looked it up as I hadn't heard it before. It seems structured counter to its meaning and got me thinking. Nude is bare. To De-Nude should be to cover up???? Great philosophers are debating..... :D

Anne2345
04-05-2012, 11:00 PM
I looked it up as I hadn't heard it before. It seems structured counter to its meaning and got me thinking. Nude is bare. To De-Nude should be to cover up???? Great philosophers are debating..... :D

You make a good point. The only flaw in your logic, however, is that one cannot always apply logic to the english language. At best, its rules are loose, sometimes arbitrary, and always fraught with exceptions. Regardless, unless informed to the contrary by a credible recognized, authoritative source, I shall steadfastly stand behind the use of the word "denuded" within my post with great resolve. So there. Take that! :tongueout

Rachel87
04-05-2012, 11:22 PM
That sounds very exciting. I will visit my parents in 3 months, I had stoped for the visit, but you are inspiring me to keep shaving =).

ashleytvpdx
04-05-2012, 11:53 PM
I'm inspired too! I shave my legs during the winter but let it grow after New Year's because I'm a big chicken! I love this forum becuase it gives me courage to be who I want to be...I am shaving my legs tomorrow!!!!

sandra-leigh
04-05-2012, 11:59 PM
As I was recently mentioning over there (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?171865-Underarm-hair-going-away), I simply don't have much leg hair left. If someone had pointed it out to me as recently as a week ago, my reaction would have been, "Huh?" and to check and then, "Huh, you're right, it's gone. I wonder why?".

Mind you, the amount I had to start with was less than many people would have left after thousands of dollars of hair removal services. Probably no-one would even notice on me, as it isn't much different from "the way I've always been". Well, except maybe my mother: You can trust mothers to notice a bump and send you article clippings for years afterwards about different diseases and vitamin deficiencies that could have caused the bump... :heehee:

scarlett
04-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
You can watch all the commercials these days where a guy doesn't have a shirt one (like shaving commercials). Ever see chest or arm hair on them? It isn't as uncommon as we worry, but that doesn't mean there aren't people that find it unusual.
In my community (which is socially conservative), guys do not shave their bodys like in the commercials. And guys particularly do not shave their legs. After I began shaving/epilating mine, I have taken the opportunity to view other guys' legs out in the wild. Other than myself, I have yet to discover another guy that shaves his legs. I am sure he is out there, somewhere. I do live in a large area, but still. I just ain't seen any other dudes with shaved legs. Not even one (other than myself)

I am still pondering the word "denuded".....

Just like the location " nowhere, somewhere". Hell of a nerve to complain. The mods should require a reasonable location.

Organza
04-06-2012, 12:15 AM
I'm so, so glad that it worked out well for you. That must feel wonderful.
Lisa

JessHaust
04-06-2012, 12:32 AM
Anne, congratulations. I know you said you have not seen other guys with shaved leggs, but they are out there as are guys who just naturally don't have leg hair. And how would anybody that does not know you well know which you were?
I've had mine shaved for over a year now, and never had a comment or even glance.
Rachel, same info on the leggs and about the eyebrows consider this. A few weeks ago I asked my wife if she thought people would notice my very shapped eyebrows? She turned and looked hard at mine and said 'Oh, my, well I guess not, I had not noticed' . So if one's own wife does not notice, chances are no one else will. Unless of course you go all drag queen and remove them entirely and draw them 5" too high!

karen.k
04-06-2012, 01:39 AM
I shave everything now for the last year, and buzzed everything real short before that ever since body hairs became noticeable. I always despised body hair, especially on my armpits,beautiful butt or chest, its just seems so unclean to me. I used to work out a lot and everyone into bodybuilding shaved so you will find plenty of guys at the gym who shave. I wish there was a pill you could take so your body hair would never grow back, i would swallow them by the handful. I feel so clean and sexy when smooth and you look 20 years younger, its just so disappointing to find stubbles growing back only the next day. I wish it could last 4ever. I also shape my brows, don't care what anybody says or thinks, i just tell them its my body, i do what i want and whatever makes ME feel good, don't want to be normal. normal is boring. My wife use to complain about the legs being shaved, and that my legs looked too skinny. I think she was kind of jealous cause my legs actually looked better than hers, so to dress in front of her, i bet her that I could fit into her jeans that were too tight on her, she couldn't believe that the jeans were actually a little big on me. My kids just laughed. Have fun with it, its your life. Love Ya.

jaye_cd
04-06-2012, 03:39 AM
I've kept my legs shaved since I was in my early teens. I think I got a few comments a year in gym class throughout high school , but I just never let it bother me. I had one relationship where she flatly told me she didn't like it at all and I needed to let it grow out. I simply explained it was my personal choice, and a few arguments later suggested if she needed to be in a relationship with a partner that had hairy legs, she was welcome to stop shaving hers!

BRANDYJ
04-06-2012, 05:35 AM
I have kept my legs shaved for years and no one seems to notice. But I too am one that rerarely ever wears shorts. it's a throw back to my youth. Where I grew up, guys were considered sissy's if they wore shorts. But I have ventured out on rare occassions wearing shorts. No one seemed to notice. In recent years I've seen a number of macho looking guys with shaved legs and even though I'm a CD that would notice such things, I did'nt even have a thought that they might be a CD. I was always more concerned with anyone noticing my shaved chest or underarms. But it seems like both shaved legs and chests is kind of an "in" thing to do now a days. Look at the NO NO infomercials, they show a wife using it on her husband's chest. Now I have come to realize I don't care what other's think about my lack of hair if they notice.

Lilly Black
04-07-2012, 11:01 AM
har! good one, jaye!

taracdco
04-09-2012, 04:54 PM
This thread has given me the confedence to completely shave mine. I have only shaved from the knees up but now I am going all the way down. I enjoy the look and feel of shaved legs. I think we all over think what peole will notice.

Tara

terrianncd
04-09-2012, 05:16 PM
I've completely shaved my body for years now...including my arms as I am the hairy bear unless I do. Other than my wife, who bless her heart has to shave my back where I cannot reach, no one notices, even my adult kids! If asked and no one ever has, I would say it's my preference. Lets not forget that these are details most guys miss completely...unless they crossdress!!!
I always thought someone would say something about the arms being shaved, but not the legs. LOL

TNRobin
04-09-2012, 09:01 PM
I thought the same thing about the arms, and kept trimming them shorter and shorter (the hair, not the arms!). No one noticed and now I've had laser hair removal on everything below my waist, minus the nether regions, but I'm thinking about that as well. No one has noticed, even when I take off my shirt and no hair on my underarms. At least no one has said anything.

Chardonnay Merlot
04-09-2012, 09:22 PM
i don't have a lot of hair anyway...And I like that :)

Noemi
04-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Anne,
Do not stress too much about this. If your family makes you uncomfortable, hey do not wear shorts when you see them, sometimes it is better not to share some things with people who will not get it, just not worth it to me.

I will start by saying that I am not open about my Cd'ing so I can not gauge a reaction to my shaved legs(which are shaved, albeit not on public display) But I can tell you that I would and will notice you and your shaved legs. I see guys with skinny eye brows and painted toes in sandals etc and I, of course, am like hey sister.

My point is when people say on this board that no one will comment, you very well know even if they do not comment to you directly, that they will notice you and remember this attribute and color it into their rendering of you who are.
Most people do not know what it feels like to have such a strong desire to CD, they will never(most likely)understand why we do this, so they really do not count, their opinions that is, in the big Cd'ing picture.....I wonder what I will do this summer. Like others I am a hair free all winter, but during summer return to typical male mode(boo hoo)
I remember being at an outdoor BBQ last summer, where everyone was bare footin it, about the day before I took off my toe nail polish.......whatever. I guess it is a progression, and the experience of hiding out gets old after a while. Be bold, we can not all do the same things come on now.
I think at this point I am holding my entire life and career back by not being out about my CDing...but that is a tale for another day.

The more you resist the more it persists.
The more you look at it the more it disappears.

From the CWG books, which were amazing.

GeminaRenee
04-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Anne, great story! Your writing is great... reading your stories is like going for a dip in a pool - it's so easy to get immersed (:

I, too, have begun to discover this year just how little anyone cares about the hair on your legs. I've had one person notice and find it important enough to ask, and that's because she was rubbing them. She has no real complaints, or so her frequent comments about how soft they are seem to indicate...