PDA

View Full Version : comming out to friend a gg

clair
04-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Hi all, one of my friends is getting married again to his previous wife. I have grown up with both of them and have the feeling that I would like to tell his wife to be about my cding, not sure if it would be a good idea..She if quite open about most things and dresses really well and looks great herself. I am sure she would be amused if nothin else. Has anyone had these thoughts before or any idea to test the waters? I did at halloween say I was going to go to a party as a witch and she said I could borrow her dress and wig...unfortuntly I didnt follow it through. any ideas?

2B Natasha
04-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Why tell her? Are you two close? Do you want to go out with her to a club or shopping? How about her hubby to be again. Are you comfortable with him knowing? He will. Husbands and wife's do talk.

I think you need to ask yourself. Why? Why do I feel I need to tell HER. what is there to gain from it.

If the answer is nothing or I just want to. Then perhaps it's not such a good thing.

Cheers

kimdl93
04-05-2012, 03:16 PM
I don't think you should do it at this time. If your friend is getting back together with his ex, great. Let them have some time to adjust without introducing your story.

I have come out to a friend, and she was as accepting and encouraging as I had hoped. She was my friend, though, not the ex/soon to be wife of a friend. Let it ride till Halloweeen.

Laura912
04-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Ride around on the broom till Halloween and then see how you feel.

Voulez-Vous
04-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Why tell her? What's the point?

Taylor186
04-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Never overestimate the tolerance of seemingly tolerant people. I cautiously came out to a lesbian once. LGBT united, right? Wrong. Surprisingly, she was as intolerant as many straight people. Lesson learned.

JessHaust
04-05-2012, 11:46 PM
Never underestimate the potential for acceptance of normal people you know. I've told not only my whole family, but friends of my college age daughters, my best friend and his wife, my doctors, my wife's best friend. No one has been anything but positive. I meet someone new out in the real world every week, sometimes several people, again never anything but very positive responces. I admit that I present a very positive attitude, and I think that is critical, the more positive and confident you are, the more they will be.

So, yes, tell her.

ColleenCD
04-05-2012, 11:55 PM
Hi Clair,

As stated above, you risk losing two friends in the hope of gaining the acceptance of one. The wisdom here is patience and observance. Just my opinion.

Colleen

Jenniferathome
04-06-2012, 09:41 AM
If you tell her, you are also telling her husband. If you are ok with that and they are really good friends, do so.

Linda Stockings
04-06-2012, 11:32 AM
I came out to friend at work once. I had helped her get raises, etc., and felt pretty close. She gave me some clothing and makeup advice, but she and her husband became very distant. I'd advise extreme caution.

Katesback
04-06-2012, 01:15 PM
What benefit is it to HER to know you CD? Really? I see this common thing with CDs. They want to tell someone. Well telling and showing them the girl are two different things. Back to my original statment what is the benefit to the woman friend of yours? I would guess nothing.

Put another way. If a guy came up to me and told me he is a CD it would mean nothing to me. Actually come to think of it I would probably start thinking bad things if this happened. I dont need to know this stuff.

Alice B
04-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Before you tell the wife ask yourself does you friend know? To tell her without his knowledge would not help the friendship and put her in an awkard position.