PDA

View Full Version : What is your oddest habit?

PretzelGirl
04-05-2012, 10:35 PM
After reading a lot of things here, I think we will do just about anything to improve our looks or at least fake something. So it got me wondering what each of us do (or at least are willing to admit) in search of what we want out of our crossdressing.

For me, I think it is applying Milk of Magnesia to my face every night. I think I have only seen this hint here once, but it is great for taking down the oil and reducing pores. I have read of some that do it under there make-up to prevent the oil from coming through their foundation. It is only a recent thing to try, but I am just about bought in. And where was this trick when I was a pimply kid?

So what are you willing to admit to?

Marleena
04-05-2012, 10:41 PM
I'm using Oil of Olay which is odd for me, never thought of it before. The wrinkles are already here though.*sigh*

I'm also walking around in high heels here, not odd for a Cder but odd trying to get used to them at my age. I'm doing pretty good.

Anne2345
04-05-2012, 10:48 PM
When I still wore my old wig, I had a large rubber band like band, only it was much wider and a little thicker than a tradtional rubber band. I could fit the rubber band over the crown of my head, and onto my forehead above my eyebrows. By pushing the back of the band down the back of my head, and the front of the rubber band further up my forehead, this caused my eyebrows to raise with the band. My wig would thereafter fit over, cover, and hide the band, so it wouldnt show. But with it, I had much higher, more feminine looking eyebrows.

Launa
04-06-2012, 11:46 AM
My oddest habit is tapping the top of my bald head hoping that I can wake up some sleeping hair folicles and have them come back to life.

ArleneRaquel
04-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Applying baby powder to my legs and almost all of my non facial body.

Veronnie2
04-06-2012, 12:38 PM
LOL, Moisturizing. I like using Olay's Quench even with its nice feminine fragrance. I do this daily, like the feel of my skin, and adore the sweet smell. Veronnie2

Cheryl T
04-06-2012, 02:08 PM
I go with moisturizing. I always hated anything like that as a guy, but now that I can dress as I want, when I want I take so much better care of my skin.

Kate Simmons
04-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Not much Hon. I used to be in Army Intel.;):)

sandra-leigh
04-06-2012, 04:17 PM
My "oddest" habit? I take pills to transform my metabolism and brain chemistry. Most people would consider that quite strange enough!

Jamiegirl1
04-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Well, I spin three times, clap my hands twice and look down....nope...feet haven't gotten any smaller......D***N these women size 10 clodhoppers! :(

For reals!

Are you kidding me? I also have women's 10 , we are very lucky to wear this small size!!!!we can usually find shoes anywhere we shop!!!

NathalieX66
04-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Applying baby powder to my legs and almost all of my non facial body.

Lucky you!

I didn't want to spend $80 on a Razorba™, which is a device that you attach a shaving razor to in order to reach the hair on your back.....so I fabricated one out of 1/2 diameter pvc pipe for less than $5.

Eryn
04-06-2012, 06:53 PM
I didn't want to spend $80 on a Razorba™, which is a device that you attach a shaving razor to in order to reach the hair on your back.....so I fabricated one out of 1/2 diameter pvc pipe for less than $5.

I'm cheaper than you, I just had my wife wax that hair right off! :eek:

Cassandra Lynn
04-06-2012, 06:55 PM
About the best i can fess up to at the moment is the eye brow plucking..........and now most of you are prolly thinking, "eh? well duh!"

The odd part is that i have become somewhat obsessed with it, i'm currently stalking a hair or two on my left lid, pesky little guys are taking their sweet time reaching appropriate length to grab with my top of the line Tweezerman brand tweezers.....in pink of course!

I have a near constant argument with myself; i keep trying to convince myself that i can get them thinner without getting any comments, even tho i know from the looks i get that they are plenty thin and shaped enough.

Ally 2112
04-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Wearing womens clothes ? Opps not a habit just what i do :)

Organza
04-06-2012, 08:27 PM
If I were as pretty as you I'd take care of my skin too :) I've given up on trying to pass so the only "odd" thing I do is try to scrape off my callouses so my nylons last longer. Now that I've discovered L'eggs I get at least ten wearings instead of two. I wonder why they're so much better.
Lisa

Barbara Ella
04-06-2012, 08:43 PM
I of course have no habits.......BUT my wife agrees with Ally, and says my bad habit is wearing women's clothes.

After, isnt a habit just something you do over and over, and over, and...

Barbara

Cynthia Anne
04-06-2012, 09:15 PM
My oldest habit!! Gee I beleave I'll have another beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO WAIT! I was dressing way before that!:brolleyes: Hugs!:)

docrobbysherry
04-07-2012, 12:25 AM
WAY BEYOND ODD, Sue! I bought this silicone skin and from time to time, I WEAR IT! I know, SICK, rite? But, it's worth it to have perfect skin, don't u think!? Even if it's just temporary?

karanne
04-07-2012, 07:00 AM
I see your size tens and raise to 11 wides!

daarleane
04-07-2012, 08:23 AM
I am glad that I can wear a size 10 shoe, everybody carries that size. Just think if you wore a size seven and half like my wife does, then you have to hope there still is a pair left. very popular size. tens can also be fun to locate.

Chrissy.Sexton
04-07-2012, 08:47 AM
I wear a woman's 14 shoe so this talk of size 10 being too large makes no sense at all . . .

PretzelGirl
04-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Sherry, odd is not sick or weird. It is uncommon or unusual and we all (not just CDs) do things that fit the bill. It is interesting some of the things we do because we are generally creative. There are no limits to experimentation!

BRANDYJ
04-07-2012, 10:03 AM
I call your size 11 and raise you to a size 12ww.

sometimes_miss
04-07-2012, 10:17 PM
I wear a woman's 14 shoe so this talk of size 10 being too large makes no sense at all . . .

Here, try on these 16's. And they're still tight. Maybe if I chop my toes off..........where's that axe when I need it.......I probably wouldn't walk any funnier than I do already........

jillleanne
04-08-2012, 07:15 AM
My oldest habit, which is where it all started as a child, is wearing nylons. Back then, pantyhose were not even invented. To this day, I still wear hose pretty much daily and rarely wear pantyhose. There is just something about good quality nylons(RHT) that makes me tingle all over and drives my feminine self crazy.

Krististeph
04-08-2012, 08:52 AM
oh gosh, this will be interesting to read- and wonder how many of these 'weirdest' habits are really the weirdest we have...

I have a 20x stereo/dissection microscope I use to help fix hangnails, manicure errors, etc. when not being used for that, it helps me repair electronics, analyze engineering, etc. Gets a lot of use actually.

That and using white (non-abrasive) scotchbrite as an exfoliant pad before shaving my legs. Cheaper and longer lasting than anything else out there.

When it comes down to it, GGs do some pretty 'odd' things too- lots of smart solutions and 'field engineering'- in the realm of hygiene and beauty care.

one of my personal favorites (of other people) is a GG who crawls up on the counter and sits on the edge of the sink, cross legged, to get close to the bathroom wall mirror to do her makeup. i picture this in my mind and it has got to be so cute- if you are small and flexible enough (i'm not).

Nice question Sue!

Krististeph
04-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Hahaha! True Jamie, but my wife, who wears a 6.5-7 has like a MILLION shoes and it would be nice to share the loot! :)

My wife is a perfect 5.5. Her mom used to work in the shoe dept at Marshall Field's in the 80's and early 90's. Display shoes were usually 5.5's, and sales saving were productive: 1/2 off with 1/4 employee discount, and 1/4 off display shoes were (.5*.75*.75), or about .28 (28%) of marked price. She has SCORES of great long and short boots (my favorites), and heels- half of which she donated...

I'm rather jealous- but then again, my wife enjoys shoe shopping with me- 5.5 for her, 9.5 or 10 for me. I refuse to let her get cheap shoes when we shop together- that must be part of the reason she likes shopping with me...

Kristi