PDA

View Full Version : Health insurance

arbon
04-06-2012, 08:39 AM
The thread Transitioning and Social security, life insurance, by emmicd left me with a question for USA post-ops that had surgery outside the country.

If you had your surgery done in another country did that affect your ability to obtain health insurance in the US?

Julia_in_Pa
04-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Thank God the Affordable Care Act is putting a stop to health insurance companies excluding people on a number of fronts.
Within a few years the question you ask will be not only irrelevant but a thing of the past concerning exclusion.

Julia

Karren H
04-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Insurance is a big question mark right now... I just had my retiree medical deleted. Based on Obama-care's language what exempts pre-existing conditions starting in 2014 (which and my wife have a bunch). The US supreme court will rule on obama-cares constitutionality in June... That may determine if you can even get insurance. The November election may also change health insurance going forward. So if you have any pre-existing conditions you may or may not be able to buy health Insurance... At any cost.... The whole mess just forced me to work till I'm 67 and vote democratic.