PDA

View Full Version : The Purge

Kate J
04-06-2012, 09:28 AM
I was going to write a big speel about my last five months but I wll jus say it has been hard but I am now geeting back into dressing and I feel better for it.

Marleena
04-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Ackkk...the dreaded purge cycle! Did we learn our lesson this time?

You are a CD it won't go away, accept it you'll feel much better and save money too.:)

kimdl93
04-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Glad you're back and feeling better about yourself. Lesson learned, right?

Elle1946
04-06-2012, 12:23 PM
I purged many times and have regretted getting rid of some of my cloths. I have learned be my myself and the heck with others. It cost to much money but I did enjoy reshopping, damn pink fog!

Tina B.
04-06-2012, 02:08 PM
There is only one thing good that you can say about a purge, it makes you update your wardrobe. I tried it a couple of times in my youth, it never made be feel better, and after promising myself to stop doing it, I always hated the weakness that made me go back and start again. It's a shame how easy it can be to beat yourself up over just doing what comes naturally, at least it seems natural to me.
Now after years of having figured out, it's just who I am, and not fighting with it, or me, the only problem is having to many clothes because I promised myself I would never throw it out again. When I look in my closet and see it all hanging there, it makes me feel a heck of a lot better, than any purge ever did.
Tina B.

Barbara Ella
04-06-2012, 02:22 PM
So glad you are feeling better about it, and will begin to have fun again. Hopefully, in the future, if necessary, you can confine the purge to the mental end, and avoid the closet. Sometimes a mental purging and readjusting can help us move forward.

Barbara

DCChris
04-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Think someone said it well on a similar topic, and that is to try and find a way to box it all up, put it away and out of reach for however long it takes, because as Marleena said : "You are a CD it won't go away, accept it you'll feel much better and save money too."

Karren H
04-06-2012, 02:48 PM
I can't remember the last time I purged..... One of the few benefits of getting old! Lol.

Lynn Marie
04-06-2012, 03:31 PM
I surely wouldn't say that you can't quit crossdressing, but high heels and lingerie sure have a powerful attraction. Purging seems to be a part of the process in maturing as a CD. We fight the guilt and shame for years before we finally embrace that silly part of us that is a little different. Hey, aren't we lucky to have the internet and now understand that we aren't the only weird people in the world with this malady.

Sarah-J
04-06-2012, 04:19 PM
I know the feeling Kate, about feeling better once getting back into it. Glad you're feeling better!

I guess I can probably consider myself one of the luckier ones... I've been dressing for about 3 years now and early on, I only purged once. Tried to convince myself I didn't need it. Wrong! After that one time, I quickly realized that it wasn't something I could just switch off, so I accepted it and have since had no desire (perish the thought!) to purge again.

It's part of who I am, no denying it, so might as well roll with it... especially since it makes me happy. :)