PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried

skylance
04-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Has anyone tried hypnosis to help get past issues regarding the overall fears of going out dressed or to get into a more feminine mind set? If so, how did it work out for you? I'm thinking about giving it a try to see what ends up happening and any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Skylance

rachelgirlnw1
04-06-2012, 11:20 PM
Ooh... that's interesting. I'm looking into NLP for enhancing my feminine view. Let me know how it goes!

rachel

sandra-leigh
04-07-2012, 12:26 AM
I don't recall reading anyone posting about that (but I certainly don't read everything!)

I do recall that somewhere around 3 years ago, some people were talking about hypnosis with regards to stopping cross-dressing, and about 2-ish years ago, some others talking about hypnosis for trying to discover why they cross-dressed.

Joanne f
04-07-2012, 04:45 AM
I am not sure if it would be a good idea as it may put you into a to relaxed state of mind which could stop you from knowing what is a safe situation or a not so safe situation when going out and as for having hypnosis to enhance my feminine side i would want that bit to be as natural as possible .

Launa
04-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Never thought about this. I think its better to spend money on professional fashion help to get you looking as girly as possible. When you look your best, you start to loose your fear of going out.

Kate Simmons
04-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Nope but I do meditate. That puts me deeply in touch with both sets of feelings.:)

RADER
04-07-2012, 01:47 PM
It would be an interesting experiment, I would like to try.
Rader

larry
04-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Sounds scary to me.. Hate to think I just got all dressed and went to the family Easter dinner without even thinking it was a problem..

DebbieL
04-07-2012, 05:02 PM
I've tried several things which I have found helpful.

The 12 steps of AA were very helpful in getting my fears and concerns on paper, and enabled me to tell my girlfriend - who became my wife, when I was 1 year sober/clean. 9 years later, when my wife decided she didn't want to be a lesbian anymore, I did the steps again and shared with a sponsor who encouraged me to "come out".

Landmark Education offers the Landmark Forum and provides many of the best benefits of the 12 step program - but does it in 3 days. The cost of the Forum also includes a 10 week seminar, usually over 3 months, which reenforces the distinctions of the Forum.

Self Hypnosis tapes can be helpful in building confidence - in both cross-dressing situations and in other general situations.

The most important thing to deal with as a cross-dresser is that we had a lot of painful experiences in the past, experiences that trained us to believe that if we acted like girls, that we would be tormented and bullied as "Sissies". As a result, we made a number of decisions, essentially condemning ourselves to shut down our true self expression and pretend to be more masculine so we wouldn't get hurt. Many of these decisions were made when we were 5-7 years old.

Both the 12 steps and the Landmark Forum help us to put the past in the past, and realize that we can make new choices as adults, that don't have to be limited or constrained by the past, and we can take actions consistent with those new choices.

The most important thing is to take action. There will be fear, concern, anticipation. We do need to be legitimately concerned about the consequences as well. On the other hand, when we do take bold decisive action, of any kind, some doors are closed, but new doors open.

It's impossible for those who might support our cross-dressing to support us, if we never let them know about our true desires. Once we go public, old friends, family, and even wives and lovers, will reject us. At the same time, others will come to take their places.

Until we become public participants in that conversation, we are merely phantoms, hiding in the shadows.

When Harvey Milk charged the gay community to come out to friends and family, it was because he realized that there were many many gay men and women, but each of them had family, friends, and people who would support them, for who they were.

DebbieL
04-07-2012, 10:44 PM
All hypnosis is, is giving yourself permission.

Hypnosis is a bit more than that. It's direct access to the subconscious mind. Normally, the conscious mind acts as a filter, and evaluates what's true and what's not, rejecting suggestions that conflict with prior experience.

With Hypnosis, you bypass those filters, and make suggestions that bypass this filter, allowing you to want things that your conscious mind has resisted due to prior experience.

It is no magic voodoo. YOU are the one who does whatever it is you have convinced yourself it is. If I suggested you should dress up and go out and feel confident, it isn't some magic that I would be doing. It is self suggestion on your part if you do it because you believed I had some power. If it works for you then fine. But do bear in mind it is YOU pulling the strings all along. You are just allowing yourself to do it.

Under normal hypnosis, you can't be made to do something your subconscious mind wouldn't want you to do, or wouldn't allow you to do. For example, you couldn't be forced to kill yourself or a loved one. If you had zero desire to cross-dress, then hypnosis would not normally be effective in getting you to cross-dress and feel good about it.

In the MK-Ultra project, which was designed to coerce the mind into doing things it would not normally do, the hypnosis was combined with drugs such as LSD, epinephrine, and other hallucinogens, and electro-shock or insulin shock "therapy". Supposedly, under this program, you could be made to think that real activities and actual events in your life were just dreams. Conversely, they could make videos seem like reality, making you want to kill someone you might have liked, but your subconscious mind would be filled with images that, with the right trigger, would produce feelings of hate and rage, turning you into a killer, then having no memory of doing it, or why you did it.