PDA

View Full Version : Multi tasking

Natalie D
04-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Just for a bit of fun.

When I’m in male mode I’m a typical stereotypical male and true to form I find it hard to multi task. But when I get dressed up with my wig and makeup I find I can multi task. I can easily manage two different things with my hands whilst thinking about something completely different. No honestly I can. Maybe it’s the heels, maybe it’s not, who knows?

So anyone else experience this phenomenon or is it just me?

Marleena
04-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Hi Natalie! I suck at multitasking at anytime! Maybe you're tapping into the female part of your brain. My wife on the otherhand is like Stephnie's.:)

Barbara Ella
04-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Ditto here, keep my mind focused on what is at hand and maybe I can get it done properly and on time. Give me more than one thing, and it gets shaky. Three things to do and I start to fall apart. I have not noticed any increased ability in this area when dressed. Maybe I just need more practice.

Barbara

Kate Simmons
04-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Well, women need to multi-task because of having multiple roles. Wife, mother, home maker. driver, PTA, maid, shopper, corporation CEO to name a few. They have excellent organizational skills. We can learn to be like them if we have the mindset and pay attention.:)

STACY B
04-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Well I must be female then cuz I can do 100 things at one time .I can work in all male surroundings an talk about girl stuff right in front of the others an not think nothing about it . Do a ALL male job in female an male mode talk shop an shopping at the same time . :D

Eryn
04-07-2012, 06:08 PM
I find myself multitasking in male mode all the time. It's a matter of what you have to do, not what gender you are.

Andie Elisabeth
04-07-2012, 06:11 PM
I am pathological multi tasker regardless of what I wear but it is caused by distractions around me, except for books I can read a dozen with proper scheduling at a time.

sandra-leigh
04-07-2012, 06:54 PM
I am quite poor at multitasking, but I'm not bad at task-switching, at least not when it comes to my work.

I really notice the multitasking issue when I'm listening to spoken things on the radio (news, interviews, science programs, descriptions of the origin of a particular piece of music, spoken comedy, etc..) I can't follow the radio and a conversation at the same time. If my wife is trying to describe something to me, or trying to discuss something with me, I will usually have to turn the radio off, lest I start growling that, "I'm trying to listen!!"

I was about to say that "Yes, of course I can walk and chew gum at the same time", but I just realized that it's been a lot of years since I last tried to do that :o

About my only notable multitasking skill is that I can walk and read a book at the same time. I think I've even been known to ride a bicycle and read a book at the same time :o

Stephanie47
04-07-2012, 07:43 PM
When I'm wearing a pretty dress, slip and heels I can bake and do the laundry and vacuum at the same time! Is that multitasking?

Gillian Gigs
04-07-2012, 08:51 PM
I have been a multi-tasker all of my life and have thought nothing about it. It was about 15 years ago that a female friend pointed out to me. I thought that everyone could do it. I have since come across many guys, girls also, that my first thought is, take the gum out of your mouth so I can talk to you, and you will think about what was said. Is it gender based, or does it just take a little training?

Jilmac
04-07-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm a multi tasker of sorts, I can walk and chew gum at the same time.

NathalieX66
04-07-2012, 09:59 PM
I can text message while driving in a snowstorm, yell at the kids in the back seat, and file my nails at the same time. People love me because I'm a goddess. :belly:
U jealous?

PretzelGirl
04-08-2012, 09:22 AM
I think we all multitask and some may not realize it. Thoughts churn in the background if nothing else. It is hard to be a leader in some industries without juggling multiple balls. But what is interesting are the younger folks these days. Multitasking is ingrained much more - texting, Facebook, etc while eating and talking. I actually have talked with a few at work because they took it to such levels, each task was suffering. So it can be good, but there is a limit.

Janelle_C
04-08-2012, 09:44 AM
I've always been a good multitasker, it did take me awhile to get used to doing thing in heels. Thing like emptying the dishwasher or cooking I think it was the might deference. Janelle

Michelle 2
04-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Personally I have always been a well organized person. I plan well in advance and realise that time is something we need to invest and not squander. Now that being said I am nowhere as efficient as my bride when it comes to multi tasking. After observing her over many years I have learned to multi task more efficiently just to keep up. I do believe woman multi task better than men but have not thought of the reasons for this particular attribute, and I may have to dwell on it for some time to understand it. Over time as I perfect my image of being more feminine thanks to you ladies on this forum, I think I will be more conscious to multi tasking as part of my personality. This a great post Natalie thanks for bringing this topic up.

Michelle

sandra-leigh
04-08-2012, 11:23 AM
My wife starts cooking, leaves the stove on high, goes off to check something, ends up watching TV and working on her laptop... and the food boils over or burns or overcooks. :sad:

When I have the stove on high, I don't leave the kitchen for longer than to turn on the music (10 feet away) or go to the washroom (3 feet away.) It ain't multi-tasking, but it's safer.