PDA

View Full Version : Great day

steffie39
11-06-2005, 03:11 AM
Hi girls,

This Saturday was fantastic. It was a two-part day: shopping in the daytime and my CD meeting at night. I used 2 outfits, however. At the CD meeting, I wore a black skirt, aqua top and sweater and black/aqua heels with a matching purse (for the shoes).

What made the day special for me, however, was my shopping in the afternoon. I learned some things this month from my past experiences, one of which is when shopping at a mall or store, you should blend in more. Thus I wore ladies jeans and sneakers and an aqua top (Only later in the day did I change into my evening outfit for the CD meeting). I also recently got some panties with hip and rear pads to try and make my figure more curvy instead of straight like a male. The purse I used for the evening also matched this outfit too. This time I think I passed. The reason I say this is because when at Wal-Mart, I definitely did not get looks when I was walking. (I watched everyone who saw me and when they passed me while I walked the opposite way, I waited for later stares after they passed me and none ever came).

The thing that finally convinced me, however, was when I approached one of the Wal-Mart sales ladies to ask a question, she looked normal. It was only after I started asking a question (I asked about where perfume is located) that, when hearing my male voice, she was taken aback and THEN gave a surprised look. To me this means that before hearing my voice, she must not have recognized me as a male or even if she did, she must have thought I at least "belonged" in that outfit. Thus the take-home lesson is that because I blended in (jeans and sneakers-no high heels), I didn't get any looks. I will continue to do this from now on: wear jeans/sneakers when shopping and then if I have a CD meeting in the evening, to just change into skirt/heels and go to that. I wish I could wear skirt/heels all the time but being able to blend in made the sacrifice worth while. Now if I can just change that voice of mine! [tongue-in-cheek] lol lol Going shopping without any looks made this Saturday a great and special day for me!! :) :) :)

Steffie

Sharon
11-06-2005, 03:19 AM
Very cool, Steffi! Congratulations on a wonderful day.:)

That voice thing though -- it's the bane of many of us. And we always thought that our appearance was our main concern.:strugglin
It's great, however, that you made it that far before being detected.:rose2:

Shannon
11-06-2005, 11:50 AM
What a great day for you Steffi. I am learning the same thing you have --"dress down" to blend in for shopping in public. No need to attract attention with short skirts, etc. I'm happy for you!