PDA

View Full Version : Languages, personality and CDing

Andie Elisabeth
04-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Hi,
I am a little bit curious. For those who are bilingual (can speak 2 or more languages [not one native and other below or at intermediate level]): Do you see personality changes when dressed while fuctioning in lang 1 and lang 2? And similar while undressed? Or is it just me?

AllieSF
04-08-2012, 03:29 PM
I speak 3 languages and I do not see any difference when out dressed and interfacing with other people, and I speak those languages whenever, dressed as a man or woman, I find someone else who does too, mostly native speakers. I am still me. Any difference, which I believe for me is minimal, is from the change of presentation versus the languages.

kimdl93
04-08-2012, 04:59 PM
i only speak two languages..English and Norwegian. I don't knowingly speak differently in terms of gender...perhaps the people I speak might disagree.

Rianna Humble
04-08-2012, 05:21 PM
I also only speak 2 languages - French and English. I am just as much myself in English as in French. Incidentally, it has been interesting to discuss my GID with a French-speaking acquaintance without knowing the correct medical terms in that language.

Richelle423
04-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Ich spreche deutch, io parlo italiano, yo hablo espanol,Eu falo portugues, ja mówię po polsku, я говорю по- русски

NathalieX66
04-08-2012, 05:43 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoke French for a while...could do it pretty fluent amongs the locals in Montreal for a while. Not born with it, so it's not my second nature like my grandmothers did. Language requires total immersion in order to stay sharp.
CD'ers are smart, by nature.

KellyJameson
04-08-2012, 06:53 PM
I speak english and spanish but it is always about what I sense from people not what language I speak that decides if my personality changes from being open and not selfconscious with behavior usually associated with being a woman to being selfconscious, cautious and guarded.

Usually how people react to my long hair, hairless body and painted finger/toe nails decides everything from there not what language I speak or how I'm dressed, my personality always stays the same it is how I react to others according to how they react to me that changes. If I sense fear from them (disgust,loathing,contempt,judgemental,condescendi ng,ect..) I become cautious and hypervigilant.

Diane Smith
04-08-2012, 07:54 PM
I speak and write German and English. Until reading this thread, it had never occurred to me before that I have never communicated in the German language while crossdressed, not had any desire to dress while in a German speaking country or community. It's as if changing languages turns off that desire. (Perhaps because it's not my native tongue and it requires more concentration to communicate in a second language, therefore shutting down some other areas of mental processing? I don't know ...)

- Diane