PDA

View Full Version : Camera selfish anyone?

Ellaine
11-06-2005, 06:29 AM
We TG folk, need to see ourselves in pictures, and there are numerous reasons for this. But how many of us take photos of our SO in a new outfit? It is so natural to want to capture that look, or see what isn't quite right, and yet we are often too selfish to show our SO that we see the importance of, and fun that can go into a picture session. I have seen my wife, go from " no I can't be bothered" to a beaming " How's this?" in a matter of minutes, she loves it! It seems to be something most men wouldn't think off.
Perhaps you are as guilty as I have been. Perhaps you have gained something from taking pix of your SO.

What's the story?

Ellaine.

Deidra Cowen
11-06-2005, 08:44 AM
When I was dating a GG as Deidra she never wanted me to take pictures of her...my ex wife was the same way. Would get irratated when I pointed the camera at her and would tell me no! By the way my Ex looked like a model...very beautiful. But, it seems like most GGs I end up with are a bit camera shy.

Of course in my case the most dangerous place in the room is between Deidra and a camera! I love pics of me. <<gawd I a shallow! :eek: >>

Maddie Nolan
11-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Interesting topic Ellaine and one which I hadn't really thought of in that context before.
I have to say though that like Deidra I am in mortal danger if I point a camera in the direction of my wife. She hates having her picture taken with a vengence.

Ellaine
11-06-2005, 09:31 AM
mmmmmmmmmm Somehow I'm not surprised. But I don't know what to make of it lol

Ellaine:confused:

jo_ann
11-06-2005, 10:44 AM
yeah isn't it funny how self-conscience women are? my wife doesn't like pictures taken of herself, but she'll allow it.. every vacation we go on she takes tons of pictures of me, but I get like 2-3 of her. she has this friend that was SOOO camera shy that she could hear a camera motor from a mile away, and she would literally run into another room if you tried taking a picture of her.

Paula Rae
11-06-2005, 11:21 AM
Hey Ellaine,

I like this post, but can't add any useful information to it, because I have no SO, and when I did have one, I wasn't into CrossDressing. So far the responses are very informative.

Ricki B

Ellaine
11-06-2005, 11:43 AM
I can see that for us pictures are more valuable in that they capture a (forbidden)moment and prolong the memory of how it felt.

Perhaps for our SO's, their outfits, though hard won and enjoyed up to a point; are still just a reflection of what's normal or expected. This seems so wrong somehow.
Where are the camera loving girls who do love to dress up?

Perhaps giving our SO's something completely different from the expected to try on, may be a good way to spend quality time discusing threads and novelties.
A very private album is always nice to look back on. Just be sure it's in the best possible taste!!! ;)

TG's are looking like a right bunch of posers lol

Ellaine

Julie
11-06-2005, 01:08 PM
I love taking pictures. I have a great camera that's easy to use and produces great photos. That adds a lot to my enthusiasm for taking pictures. But trying to get my wife (now ex) to pose? NO WAY! The only shots I have of her alone are when I snuck one in or at a party or family function. And when she would see them she never liked them. My son is pretty much the same way with exceptions, like when he's wrestling or flexing :cool: . My daughter is pretty good about having her picture taken. I probably have more of her than anyone else in the family.

When I'm out dressed I sometimes forget to get a picture of myself I'm so busy shooting everyone else. I'm a shutterbug addict.

As for Jim & Julie, I have very few of Jim but lots of Julie. The reason for so many Julie pics is she's so vain she hates most pictures taken and demands a reshoot! :gorgeous:
Oh she's tough on that photographer! :worship: :dom:

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Well part of it a bit of narcassism/vanity, which that I think is one motivator for CDing for a lot of us. These are probably overly-negative words, but what I've trying to say it that since we feel we can't look good/feel sexy in quite the same way en homme it comes out en femme.

I think the flip side is insecurity over our looks. We keep looking in the mirror or at photos to reassure ourselves we really do look good and are sexy. And CDs can have a wonderful capacity to see what they want to see -- I know I do. We've bought into the beauty myth just as much as GGs have and the vast majority are further away from being able to conform to that than GGs.

(Most GG can't come close either and are self-conscious about their bodies, which is why they hate having their picture taken. The funny is they could learn from us that it often takes a lot of photos to yield a good one. I probably took 30-40 photos to get the one for my new avatar.)

margo
11-19-2005, 02:24 PM
http://dekstopmaybe this will work:D

margo
11-19-2005, 02:28 PM
http://jiphttp://dekstopmaybe this will work:D

Wendy me
11-19-2005, 02:29 PM
my wife hates her pitcure tackenalways a chore to get her to do it..me?? when i do pitchures for here i stress over them for a while and it takes me forever to do ....usaly i do them when i get a new look , just getting ready outfits hair (a big time thing) but after i do them it's out the door i got to go out....