PDA

View Full Version : Need to dress and go out! Need to be me!

emmicd
04-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Today is Easter Sunday and I am wearing one of my most favorite dress and sweater sets but i am sitting home while my family is at Easter mass. I want so much to live my life the way I feel inside as a female and to wear my beautiful dress at church and in public. This is so cruel that I have to hide myself from my family and the world. My family know but no one else does. Why can't I just go to mass wearing what I should and not feel so guilty about it? Would I run the risk of being arrested if I went dressed the way I feel and know I should? This is so very confusing?

emmi

Voulez-Vous
04-08-2012, 12:04 PM
I want so much to live my life the way I feel inside as a female and to wear my beautiful dress at church and in public.

What's stopping you?

emmicd
04-08-2012, 12:16 PM
years of societal conditioning and fear of the reactions of others and the effects it will have on my family.

Barbara Ella
04-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Your family knows and loves you, so please take comfort in that. That does not take away the emptiness that you feel when you must stay at home. You would not be arrested. You might have repercussions from friends and fellow workers when word got back to them, as it would. Can your life and family deal with job discrimination. It is ugly and it happens.

I don't think it is guilt, but just a really truly empty feeling that you are not able to complete this part of your being. Do you go out with your family at all? Mass might not be the best place for it, but are there other times where fewer people are involved that you can share with your loved ones. Try to find these times andmake them work for you.

Barbara

ArleneRaquel
04-08-2012, 12:25 PM
I've been dressed at Mass 3 times recently, no problems, just dress tastefully and all should be well. Hugs & Best Wishes.

Tamara 5
04-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Hi Emmi, just wanted to say you look so nice in your new dress. Wish you luck

cdterri
04-08-2012, 02:31 PM
emmi, You are not alone. Many of us are sitting around the house today wishing we could attend family functions, go shopping or to our place of worship while wearing our Easter finest. I happen to be a little more fortunet in that I have some privacy and can at least wander outside at will. But believe me I would love to show off my new spring dress to the world. Just do not have the nerve to do so. It really sux!

Launa
04-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Why do you think you would be arrested? We aren't living in a radical part of the world or a communist country. I get it though when you say it would embarass the family if you took things a step further, maybe someday.

Cynthia Anne
04-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Go for it! We are not getting any younger! Hugs!

Momarie
04-08-2012, 08:55 PM
So sad, that you missed the beauty of Mass.

JessHaust
04-08-2012, 10:44 PM
?.. Would I run the risk of being arrested if I went dressed the way I feel and know I should?
If you live in the US, you are breaking no laws. I know several Crossdressers whom attend church en femme and are completely accepted, as it should be. If you want to go, then go.

Nikki A.
04-08-2012, 11:56 PM
I went to Easter services dressed. The trick is I go to a church that is further from home.

Marleena
04-09-2012, 12:06 AM
the effects it will have on my family.

The only real fear should be that one. You could go to mass out of town so you don't run into somebody you know. You have get over societal conditioning and fear of other's reactions if you truly want to go out dressed.

kimdl93
04-09-2012, 11:30 AM
emmi, I'm sorry you felt you couldn't go out on Easter with your family. You're beginning transition, right? Perhaps this will be something you can look forward to next year.