PDA

View Full Version : A bit obsessed, are we?

sandra-leigh
04-08-2012, 01:58 PM
A couple of days ago at my work, lying right there in the hallway not far from my office, there was a single bobby-pin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_pin). And every time I passed it, I had to restrain myself from reaching down and picking it up "because I might need it". And I knew I didn't need it, but the urge didn't diminish with repeat trips :doh: Not even after noting my obsession to myself...

A week and a half ago, my wife threw out some worn-once nylons (holes already). I knew that they were too small, but as soon as I saw them there, I had that teenage urge to fish them out and hide them and try them on later. I am not short on nylons of my own, not even unopened ones, but I guess old instincts never die :heehee:

Persephone
04-08-2012, 02:28 PM
I know where you are coming from. Back when I was a little girl all I had were those few precious items that I found (I once found a bra in the street and it was exactly my size! And. another time, a perfect swimsuit!), and those that I "borrowed," so each and every item was a treasure to be hoarded.

Takes a long time to figure out that you don't need to do that anymore, and even then there are still those moments when you can't stop yourself.

Old habits die hard.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Kate Simmons
04-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Well, true girls never want to waste anything Sandra.:battingeyelashes::)

Ressie
04-08-2012, 03:56 PM
sounds like me alright. Sometimes my car automatically drives to thrift stores.

Sandra1746
04-08-2012, 06:12 PM
There's a problem here???
I can second all of the "found items" posts...LOL; brings back memories.
Yes we all have our little obsessions.
They make life interesting, like icing on a cupcake.

Enjoy life,
Sandra1746

Simone.B
04-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Yes, always looking to buy more panties. Doesn't matter that I can go at least two months never wearing one twice.

makin' it real
04-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Oh God, if I see something laying in the road that just might, possibly, by a random stroke of luck could maybe be a bit of girly clothing, I just have to examine it more closely to make sure. Of course I buy all my clothes now. Of course found items almost never fit. Of course there's the yuck factor. And of course I just have to do it anyway. A bit obsessed? But of course!

~Rachel

BLUE ORCHID
04-08-2012, 09:11 PM
H Sandra, Been there and done that.

sandra-leigh
04-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Oh God, if I see something laying in the road that just might, possibly, by a random stroke of luck could maybe be a bit of girly clothing, I just have to examine it more closely to make sure.

LOL. I didn't do that, but I did have places of exceptional weakness: Laundry rooms.

(Not the clothes being washed/dryed, but if there was anything left behind...)

janet p
04-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Number 1 I would have picked up the bobby-pin the first time, you never know when it mite come in handy. I have always stopped even turned around to pick some thing off the road and been lucky that after washing it,it fit.

kimdl93
04-09-2012, 01:58 PM
I would have snagged the bobby pin the first time. But then, I never fail to pick up a stray penny on the sidewalk.