PDA

View Full Version : Gay or straight.

Pinky188
04-08-2012, 07:10 PM
My friend who lives his life as a woman cannot understand that I, a crossdresser, could be a straight male. She thinks if you are a man dressing like a woman that you must be trying to attract guys! So I wanted to just take a little poll here! Who is gay and who is straight? And in a short responce explane why you like to crossdress. Thank you all!

monika
04-08-2012, 07:15 PM
I am straight.
Just love to create the illusion of being a woman, it`s exciting and fun:)

Secret_Dresser
04-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Straight as can be.

Just like the feeling of women clothing, it does tie in with other things which I cant mention on this forum though.

Raychel
04-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Straight as an arrow. Just prefer womens clothes

Kate Simmons
04-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Well, that's the common assumption by most people. Personally, I don't classify myself one way or the other. As far as love it's not limited to a man or woman really but depends on the person and their soul. I initially dressed to get in tune with my female energies.:)

NathalieX66
04-08-2012, 07:20 PM
I posted this in an other link about bi crossdressers, and I firmly believe it, so I pasted what I wrote, see below:
V
V
V

I was at a seminar at a transgender conference, and a the speaker did a study that was done with over 1000 people (moi included) who identify as transgender. I don't remember the exact specific stats, but the percentage of TG that are heterosexual is in the range of 40-something percent, the TG's that identify as bisexual is also in the 40-something percent. Homosexuals account for something around 10 percent. This study is still ongoing, and I hope there are more like this. It's hard to say whether the conditions for the study were ideal, or whether they actually represent the overall population. That's why more research needs to be done.

Now
My personal observation, being at TG events, gay & LGBT establishments (...i'm a pretty boring hetero guy, btw), and I will tell you that most TG's that I know personally, or have met, are either straight, married, ......or they are bisexual. I know a few that are in open relationships with a woman, but have a bi side. Either way, the number of outright gay CD/TG folks I've met seem to be a bit outnumbered. That being said, it could just be my peer group that I associate with.

prettytoes
04-08-2012, 07:26 PM
As straight as can be..I love women; I also love their clothes.
I love the look and feel, as well as the endles variety of women's clothes. The fabrics are softer and cooler, and the colors and patterns are much nicer than men's clothing. I love the unrestricted fell of wearing a mini skirt, and I sleep much better in a nightie.

Kimberlyfaye
04-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Completely straight. I just feel right when I'm dressed as a female. I sometimes think I'm a lesbian in the wrong outer shell :P

By the way Monika, you are stunning! How do you look so good? I wish I were as pretty as you :)

Diane Smith
04-08-2012, 07:45 PM
I am turned off by many aspects of masculinity, and wish to spend as much of my life as possible in the company of women. This extends to wanting to emulate their appearance, clothing and beauty rituals, and includes choosing female sexual partners exclusively. I don't like labels, so I avoid calling my preferences and behaviors either "straight" or "gay."

- Diane

Angie G
04-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Straight as can be pinky. I just love dressing as a woman the look the feel.And feeling like a girl for just a bit of time.:hugs:
Angie

carhill2mn
04-08-2012, 08:14 PM
This belief that we who like to dress and act as women must be gay is, unfortunately, all too common and, usually, wrong! I happen to be another of the "straight" ones.

Cynthia Anne
04-08-2012, 08:23 PM
I am what I am! I love women so much that I want to be one! Hugs!

Brittany CD
04-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Straight. Just love dressing up

Momarie
04-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Please see the most recent thread "Bisexuality & Crossdressing" (with 16 pages so far).
And the many threads before it...on our family and friends crossdressing site.

Then go to the main stream, most common crossdressing sites....

Shawnc
04-08-2012, 08:55 PM
I am very straight. but last night I watched my wife have sex with our friend. I loved watching! this could be bad! :)

Frédérique
04-08-2012, 08:58 PM
My friend who lives his life as a woman cannot understand that I, a crossdresser, could be a straight male. She thinks if you are a man dressing like a woman that you must be trying to attract guys! So I wanted to just take a little poll here! Who is gay and who is straight? And in a short responce explane why you like to crossdress. Thank you all!

Don't thank me yet - how about a LENGTHY response to your query? :doh:

Your prejudicial friend needs to get out more. Last I looked, gay males do not dress up as females to attract males – maybe they did sometime, somewhere, somehow, but, since I’m male, I would affect a male appearance to attract another (homosexual) male, case closed. I’m sure there are many “straight” males out there who would like to have a CD male in tow, for company or other reasons, but that’s a side alley I don’t enter – if the relationship is mutually beneficial, I would question whether or not the hypothetical male is truly straight, OK? Freddy doesn’t dance to that tune, in fact she wouldn’t put herself at risk for some sissy-bashing at the hands of some man…

I can understand, in fact I KNOW, that many MtF crossdressers are straight by definition, even though every uninformed individual out there insists we must be homosexual. Frankly, I gave up a long time ago – if I’m perceived to be gay simply because I wear women’s clothing, that’s fine by me, in fact you can call me GAY all you want. In the great scheme of things, in the brief time we have to exist, it really doesn’t matter what anyone thinks about “us.” Let’s get on with the enjoyment, and let others (male or female) make those distinctions, fair or not, that keep us apart for one reason or another. This gay vs. straight debate has been going on ever since I got here, and it gets very tiresome at times…

I like to keep people guessing, so when someone asks me if I’m a homosexual or not, I just say “None of your business,” which really means I do not wish to explain something to a person who cannot comprehend issues of sexuality. You either are or you aren’t, and you would know it, but, surprisingly, that opinion causes consternation around these parts – this only underlines the fact that homosexuality is a black-and-white “thing” here in America, and most crossdressers actively try to distance themselves from any unwanted feelings their chosen clothing may provide. Perhaps I am more continental in nature, so I can barely suppress a chuckle when the gay detectors are out in force, rooting out perceived weakness in society, yet wearing panties as a “hobby.”

I know one thing - I do not now, nor have I ever, dressed as a female to attract males. I dress for pleasure, which means I dress for myself – the last thing I want to do is have some male notice me as I stride through the real world, and have him paint a mental target on the dress I’m wearing. I would feel better to know that I REPEL heterosexual males, which might answer your question in the OP, come to think of it. Now, if a homosexual male homed into view, I would ditch the frock, but if my gay male friend was a crossdresser, I would dress up to be with HER. It gets complicated, but I wouldn’t have it any other way…
:battingeyelashes:

Karren H
04-08-2012, 09:01 PM
I am hetero and love women but love to dress like them too. Our son is gay and doesn't crossdress....

Krista Doll
04-08-2012, 10:00 PM
I would have to say that I like too dress in womans clothes but I don't wish too be with a man unless he was a crossdresser also and we were giong out as two girlfriends not as girlfriend-boyfriend so I'm straight as an arrow. or maybe a lesbien in a male body.

KateSpade83
04-08-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm straight but the only thing gay about me is when it comes to sex I prefer that I was a woman doing a man. So I just masturbate that way. Otherwise, I'd date, marry and have sex only with women if any. I like to crossdress because I like the feel of the clothes, I like looking in the mirror when dressed, and I occasionally shop as a woman.

RADER
04-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Just because I like women's clothes doesn't mean I still can not like women.
In short, I am straight as a Board, just wearing a dress.
Rader

whowhatwhen
04-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Gay?
I wish, it would certainly simplify a lot of things but alas, I cannot force myself to find them attractive and believe me I've tried.

Noemi
04-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Wow I spend more and more time on this board.
I am Bi.......but I like men, like a woman likes men. I never really see myself as gay....I see men, and their beautiful hands and strong arms and want to be held and kissed, and sometimes am. I am still sorting things out, and have been living the life that is expected of me in the pretense of a straight male.....................I have been in relationships with women, but do not see that as fair to anyone any longer
Thank you everyone for their responses to this very personal question

Jilmac
04-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Straight, been that way all my life, never had any sexual attraction to males. Love to crossdress, to express my feminine side. Love the look and feel of clothes, forms, hair and accessories. It makes me feel young and pretty.

Shawnc
04-08-2012, 10:26 PM
After last night I good be BI no problem!

Sophie_C
04-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Look, the whole thing will FOREVER be tough to gage, as people always have loaded answers: People who are self-homophobic, and in denial, even if it is true, people who are in marriages who may be self-aware but know their wives are watching, and would end their marriages if the slightest thing suggested even bisexuality, people in a state of confusion about themselves, this can go on forever. The amount of genuine truth here is limited, at best.

Marcia Blue
04-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Hetero/only into a GG, my wife

Wallaone
04-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Straight here. Just love women too much I guess...

Marleena
04-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Pinky when I dress I dress for me. I try to look the best that I can, I know we are creating an illusion so to speak. Any male that gets close enough should be able to "read" me. I've only had sex with GG's.

I can understand people thinking we're gay since we dress and that we might be trying to attract men. It's a common misconception that they think we are gay. Fact is the majority of gay men are not attracted to "girlie" guys.

JessHaust
04-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Straight when a guy, lesbian when I'm a woman!

Barbara Dugan
04-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Fact is the majority of gay men are not attracted to "girlie" guys.

Very true...I am Gay and not atracted to ''girlie'' guys, girls or crossdressers.
I still dress for me, that some guys find me atractive is another bonus

paulaprimo
04-08-2012, 10:57 PM
i'm straight, and paula's straight, so that makes me as straight as a horseshoe and bi...and loving it i might add!! :devil:

Jacqueline Winona
04-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Straight. I have zero interest in attracting men when I dress, and do it just because it's part of who I am.

paulaloha
04-08-2012, 11:13 PM
Straight when a guy, lesbian when I'm a woman!

Ha ha, I agree with Jess 100%

I am about as straight as they come. I like to say that I'm just a normal guy that got an overdose of a feminine side. Crossdressing is just a great outlet for the feminine side of me to express itself.

From previous threads like this I would guess that in this community of dressers there are probably more straight than bi or gay.

Lorileah
04-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Gender being tied to sexual identity is common. It is society who made that decision.

Initially I believed that since I liked to dress I must be gay. But that did not make any sense since I liked being with women. Thus severe confusion. The epiphany, I was given "permission" to be anything I wanted to be. The world was not black and white; either/or; is you is or is you ain't. I took a class in college where the professor said the sexual world is a bell curve. In fact he said no one is 100% anything (and I know some will argue that here). It made sense. I mean really I always thought some guys were very good looking so I just put that off as "well I must be gay because I wear women's clothing". And yet there I was trying my hardest to get a woman to sleep with me.

And so here we are, the vast majority here screaming "I am straight!!!). Good for them. The gay crowd exceptionally silent because of the same fear they have with the straight community in general. And a few who will stand up and say. "hey I am not really either, sort something in between." You are what you are. Clothes do not change anything (and again I know there will be some who claim a magic ability in lace to make them "turn" gay). What you wear does not make who you are different. It may make your mind believe you are different, but you really aren't. The clothes are made of fiber. They are not woven from some magical thread.

We spend a lot of time here trying to break barriers. It does not help when people from our own community buy those barriers. We are all different. Your friend is evidently a female in a man's body who likes guys. Good for them. I hope they have a wonderful life. But let people be who they are and love ( or lust after) whoever they want. Maybe instead of looking at the body of the person, you look at he spirit. Tell your friend next time that the clothes are just a covering and that inside you are who you are and they are who they are.

(now if anyone cares they can guess what box I should be in)

PS for teh 1 ,millionth time you cannot be a lesbian when you have a male appendage. You are a man who is having sex with a woman. Why do people insist on dissing lesbians? Look it up. If you are a male and you have sex with a woman you do not fit that definition UNTIL you have surgery. Then you can be a lesbian all you want/ Sheeesh (and for those of you who insist on that label, do not use that appendage or have an orgasm like a male...get it?)

Marleena
04-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Very true...I am Gay and not atracted to ''girlie'' guys, girls or crossdressers.
I still dress for me, that some guys find me atractive is another bonus

Barbara I agree it is a bonus if a guy finds us attractive enfemme. It means we are doing something right.:) If they approach us then we can deal with it our own way.

Pythos
04-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Let's see. I nearly rejected the love of my life due to my misassmption that the individual was male.
I think with that I am most definitely straight.

VeronicaV
04-09-2012, 12:00 AM
I'm gay honey.

I've always loved dressing since I was a child, it's just another part of my personality that I enjoy expressing. There's also a part of it that turns me on too. ;-) xo

paula taylor
04-09-2012, 12:09 AM
hi i am straight as a die but love girly cloths.
do lesbians dress in mens cloths to attract other women no well maybe so .
so maybe we are part lesbian thats why we dress like a women and love to be with them as well. ??????????????

Nigella
04-09-2012, 03:00 AM
Pinky, there have been that many variations on this topic, a few quite recently. If this topic is of an interest to you, please use the search facility.