PDA

View Full Version : OH $*!& It's the neighbor

Natalie_Danielle
04-08-2012, 09:02 PM
So a couple of days ago I got new 4-1/2" stiletto pumps and I love them and have been wearing them quite a bit. So this evening I needed to do guy laundry so I used that as an excuse to get dressed up. Everything except makeup. Then I need to grab something out of the car. Well it's dark and the neighbors are safely in their house, so I go for it. Its a 30 ft walk, open the trunk, then back in the house. I've done this numerous times over the last couple of years. Well my luck had to run out sometime and tonight was the night.

I'm halfway back to the house and the neighbor pops around the corner of his house.
Oh $*!& !!! I was far enough away for him to not be able to tell it is me. Since my wife and I are pretty much the same size, I don't imagine he thought anything weird was up and thankfully our neighbors don't really socialize with us beyond the occasional wave when we are both outside, so I think I'm safe.
Even so, this is my WORST nightmare and scared me half to death!!

Oh and these are my new pumps http://www.zappos.com/nine-west-dispatch-black-leather

Sarah Doepner
04-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Natalie, it seems we often underestimate the probability of getting seen by someone. I answered the door once, barefoot with freshly painted toenails, and found my brother-in-law there wanting to show me the new weed-eater he just bought. I pushed my toes under the entrance throw rug, admired the machine and wondered if he ever saw those pretty red toes. I hope everything works out well and you get the chance to wear those darling shoes as much as you want.

BillieJoEllen
04-08-2012, 11:05 PM
A number of years ago I went outside to get the paper in the morning. I was wearing a navy blue sweat shirt. I started dressing for the day before I went out. Underneath I was wearing a bra. It would be visible if you looked closely. I was wearing my favorite nylon tricot pajama bottoms (lime green) with a five inch lace cuff on each leg. If you looked you could have seen my panties. I was also wearing my favorite pink slippers. I looked carefully to see if anybody was out and about before having to walk about ten feet to get the paper. Didn't see anybody. Just as I was picking up the paper I heard a loud "Hey ------!" Holy smoke! It was my neighbor!. Fortunately my porch hid most of my pj bottom. I quickly turned and said hi and said I was in the middle of something and then beat a hasty retreat into the house. PHEW!!!! Later while I was outside he came over to talk. He had a big s--- eating grin on his face. I don't know what he saw or what he was thinking. Nothing was ever said.

Tera
04-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Ha! I had a somewhat similar experience. It was a day off and the weather was nice. I was dressed and just enjoying a day out on the deck and then my neighbor walks out in his backyard. Before he had the chance to even think about waving my ass was back inside. I almost jumped out of my heels! lol

Nikki A.
04-08-2012, 11:33 PM
I've been pretty lucky leaving home dressed for chuch on Sundays since I leave at 9:30 AM, late enough so the other chuch goers are already gone and it's too early for the others to begin their outside chores, until this Easter Sunday morning.
I looked around saw none of the usual neighbors, walked out the door and right next door there is my new next door neighbor pruning a tree that is just on his side of the property line. They just moved in so I haven't met them yet. Don't know how much he saw before I got in the car, at least I was fuly dressed and maybe I got away with it. Guess I'll find out when I do met them.

Tina B.
04-09-2012, 10:58 AM
Two weeks ago, I was recovering from surgery, so my oldest son came by to see how I was doing, he just ran in, and left the grandkids in the car. So I jumped up (slowly) and grabbed my cane, and went out to say hi to the kids real quick, and let them see gramps was all right, I no more than got out the door, when the wife is hollering, get back in here.Thinking she was just worried about me being outside, I just kept on going. Said how to the kids, and then went back in as the son was going out. An angry wife is glaring at me, and saying why don't you ever listen to me, look at you feet. I looked down to see I'm wearing my favorite house shoes, there dark red, with the cutes little bow on top! I don't think anyone noticed, as neither my son or granddaughters have said anything, and I'm sure the 7 year old would have said something. Sometimes it just gets away from us.
Tina B.

Chickhe
04-09-2012, 11:55 AM
For things like a nightgown or slippers or even painted toes I wouldn't worry... its just the first thing you grabbed on the way outside or a little fun... those things won't out you...stuff like being fully dressed might if you let on that its you....you might be able to get away with if you can act like you don't know the neighbor...

kimdl93
04-09-2012, 02:02 PM
First, really cute pumps. I guress you lucked out with the neighbor...given it was dark and at a distance. He probably didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

I'm increasingly out to my neighbors, but last fall I wasn't. I went out to the mailbox at mid day, and as I was fishing out the mail, one of my neighbors happened to drive by. I honestly don't know if he recognized me or not.

Jill Devine
04-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Bottom line is that if you take chances then odds are that eventually your luck will run out. Bet on that. And if you are in the closet and can't deal with the consequences of being caught then don't take the risk. The law of averages says you will be caught.

shoelover80
04-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Bottom line is that if you take chances then odds are that eventually your luck will run out. Bet on that. And if you are in the closet and can't deal with the consequences of being caught then don't take the risk. The law of averages says you will be caught.

So True.
PS - nice shoes!

Kate Simmons
04-09-2012, 04:32 PM
I remember once several years ago, it was around the end of May and I wanted to leave early around 6 PM for a Renaissance meeting. Well, the neighbors across the street were restless that night and just refused to stop doing yard work :brolleyes:. Eventually I just said the hell with it and left anyway. I waved to them while leaving my driveway and they waved back. Never heard anything but didn't really care anyway. You never really know you can do something until you do it.:)

Natalie_Danielle
04-09-2012, 08:40 PM
When I got home this evening the neighbor was outside and from the total lack of reaction I guessing he didn't see anything the he would consider out of the ordinary. I guess I just have to be a bit more careful in the future.

Eryn
04-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Since I'm not out in my own community, my main "danger zone" is near my house. Luckily, my neighbors are not friendly beyond a wave now and then and there is a fair amount of visual obstruction between house and car. Still, when I'm heading out dressed there's always an apprehensive moment when I check out the neighbor's yards to see if anybody is about. I'm a foot taller than my wife so nobody is going to mistake me for her if they see me standing up! traffic signals are a bit of a concern as well as our car is distinctive and I'd hate to have a random friend pull up to say 'hello!"

It's definitely a relief when we get to the freeway and I can relax and enjoy being Eryn.

NathalieX66
04-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Very good story.
I am close with my next door neighbor. He has two boys, and one with autism. He is also cop in my town, and very talkative. He grows his hops on my wooden fence to make his home made beer. I also make homemade beer, so we always have something beer related to talk about.
The guy across the street is also a cop, a plainclothes detective for the county, and he is always hanging around my neighbor's yard....and my driveway too! My property is such that the house next door was once part of the original property I own, and has been annexed off to create a second residence. I'm 26 miles west of New York City, where the population is still pretty dense, and I',m on a public transit route that will get me to Manhattan in an hour. Real estate here is not cheap.

I am someone who goes out en femme regularly. But when I see my 'across the street' neighbor, he's a big dude with a flat top crew cut and a 9mm Glock pistol on his belt, and his kids are drawing colored chalk all over my shared driveway because he's nearly best friends wth my neighbor whose living on a lot that was once part of mine , I get uncomfortable.
Being a guy is no problem, as my neighbors and their kids see me......walking to my car infull makeup, vband stilletto heels is a problem. I have no garage, but you can land a Cessna 172 in my driveway. New Jersey is an F'ed up place.

Jacqueline Winona
04-09-2012, 11:28 PM
Good story- it would be interesting to say the least for me to get caught like that. And the funny thing is that I've been scouting the neighborhood houses to see who can see what, who is home during the day or weekends, etc, just so I know when I have to worry. I've learned there's no way for anyone except one next-door neighbor to see into my house. In the back yard, I could be seen by a few others, especially acriss the busy street. But I'm not sure anyone that far away would even care or ever recognize me.

Sara Jessica
04-10-2012, 07:47 AM

Well said.

Another way to put it is "dance with the devil and you will eventually get burned".

Personally (and not unlike what Nathalie & Eryn describe), my circle of comfort within which I generally choose not to make a feminine appearance is "X" number of miles from my home. I would never dream of running to my car in the driveway to get something if I were not "out" in my daily life. It just doesn't make sense to take such risks.

You danced, you got burned. At the end of the day, perhaps it didn't hurt so bad but still, why tempt fate and live out your own worst nightmare, if that's what you want to call it???

shyselina
04-10-2012, 07:56 AM
This happens to me all the time. I live in townhouses and try to be safe and secret and have not been caught yet. I sometimes go out back to smoke and every once in awhile someone comes out and I run inside or they show up knocking when I'm fully made-up..

~Joanne~
04-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Three days ago, I had just gotten dressed, had my earrings/necklace on, my nappy wig, panties and bra, a nice tank top, shorts hose and heels and was sitting around debating about trying the make up again , when the door bell rang. I moved like the flash lol had almost everything off , just threw sweats over the hose and shorts and got downstairs in (probably) less than a minute to find it was some clown putting flyers on doors and ringing the doorbells. Lord I was pissed. lol

I agree with most though when stepping out, even for the simplest things and the shortest trip, you dance with the devil and you will get burned. It's not the matter of "if" but "when" someone sees you. Of coarse, this doesn't stop us from doing it ;) especially if you want to be out there.

Nikki A.
04-10-2012, 09:42 AM
There comes a point where you are willing to take the risk to reap the rewards of expressing who you are. At first when I started going out, I'd do my make up, throw pants and a jacket over my outfit and stop somewhere quiet to finsh dressing, put on the wig etc. Reverse program when I headed home.
Finally I just said the heck with this and just leave dressed and come back the same way. There are some late nights I take the dogs out for a short constitutional still dressed as it seem stupid to change to go back out for a few mins. In the dark all people will see is an outline as as long as it looks fem that is what they will presume.
We are doing nothing criminal or perverted, we are just being ourselves and unless we can accept that it will be difficult for society to ever accept us.

PretzelGirl
04-10-2012, 08:55 PM
I moved like the flash lol had almost everything off , just threw sweats over the hose and shorts and got downstairs in (probably) less than a minute to find it was some clown putting flyers on doors and ringing the doorbells. Lord I was pissed.

That is why, if I am not expecting anyone, then I don't answer the door. It happened to me once and that was enough.

kimberly ann487
04-10-2012, 09:08 PM
I think that just the idea of being "outed" is exciting, and to me anyway, enjoyable. My wife says I'm an exibitionist, just wanting attention. Maybe ?
All this being said, I have yet to bump into anyone I know, lol.

Marguarite
04-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Saturday Night is my usual day to dress-up. This week I just put a little light makeup, pale eye shadow, eye and brow liner,light rouge, and pink lipstick. Spent the early evening trying on
a couple of new outfits,one of which my wife bought for me. I spent the rest of the evening on this Forum enjoy ya'lls company, stayed up late, and slept enfemme. the problems started in
the morning when we both slept late, and after a quick coffee my wife asked me to do the grocery shopping. It was't a big list and didn't long, and when returning home, my looked me right
in the eyes and busted out laughing. Seems I did take almost all the pink nail polish off, but didn't even think about removing any of the makeup. It was fairly light and the amazing part wasthat nobody gave any second looks and no comments from anyone. I am hoping to go out fully dressed and made-up soon, hoping to get noticed for the right reasons though.

Presh GG
04-11-2012, 02:32 PM
My opinion..

It depends a large part on whether you own or lease your home. If someone can hold their prejudice over your home or livelihood , THEN it becomes a problem.

Odd, many of our neighbors have seen Tea dressed [ more in our old home ] but they ONLY come running to tell me. Never once have they said anything to her.
I don't " get " that .

Presh GG

~Joanne~
04-11-2012, 07:41 PM
That is why, if I am not expecting anyone, then I don't answer the door. It happened to me once and that was enough.

I agree 100% and will probably do that in the future myself :)

Odd, many of our neighbors have seen Tea dressed [ more in our old home ] but they ONLY come running to tell me. Never once have they said anything to her.
I don't " get " that .

That is quite interesting. Since you know she dresses I guess it's no big deal as I know you are very accepting and supporting but what exactly do hey tell you? a strange woman was leaving your house while you were at work?

Presh GG
04-12-2012, 12:11 PM
No Ms. Joanne,

One told me 50+ times she could see through my windows from her home.
Another asked with a smile if my Mother had moved in.

The worse was a gay "friend " who noticed Tea's make up in guy mode. I quit the job as I worked with him and he made my life hell.
There have been more.

Presh

I lost the long version

suspender
04-13-2012, 06:56 AM
Ive lost count now how many times Ive been caught out in the past since joining this great site. The odd part about it is that the care factor operates at an inverse relationship to the amount of times Ive been caught!

~Joanne~
04-13-2012, 07:52 AM
No Ms. Joanne,

One told me 50+ times she could see through my windows from her home.
Another asked with a smile if my Mother had moved in.

The worse was a gay "friend " who noticed Tea's make up in guy mode. I quit the job as I worked with him and he made my life hell.
There have been more.

Presh

I lost the long version

Oh I hate when that happens. It seems to happen to me a lot too. I have a pretty decent response to something and lose it then I don't want to respond or type it all over again :(

I am sorry to hear that this "friend" has caused you so much grief. I think this is the first time I have heard about someone in the gay community having a problem with someone else's life style. I also don't like neighbors that are that nosey that they seem to be watching inside your home that much. Might be best to have the blinds/drapes closed on that particular window as it's none of their business as to what is going on in your own home.

Have a great weekend :)
Joanne