PDA

View Full Version : dresses???

mellisa
04-09-2012, 03:00 AM
I have been dressing for years and years, mostly in skirts and tops. Now all of a sudden I just love dresses!!! Can't see enough or wear enough or buy enough. It's like a dress is the "ultimate" in femininity! Like being in a skirt and pink top doesn't count. Does anyone else feel like this?

Jane G
04-09-2012, 03:07 AM
I normaly dress in a skirt and top day to day casual wear. I wear dresses more in the summer, I think because they are gereraly lighter and more floaty than skirts. I agree dresses feel more femine on the right occasion.:daydreaming:

nikki47
04-09-2012, 03:51 AM
Mellisa,i'm the same after years and years of pencil skirts and blouses,my wardrobe is now filling up with gorgeous dresses.I have to pay for one now on ebay a lovely cerise dress.

Nikki

Organza
04-09-2012, 04:04 AM
I'm the same too, Mellisa. Partly it was that I couldn't get dresses to fit until I had my own seamstress. Now I hardly ever wear my skirts, though I have a couple of very feminine old favorites.
Lisa

sarahcsc
04-09-2012, 04:13 AM
I love dresses too! But mainly because I thought it was very tricky (and a hassle sometimes) to find a right combination of tops and bottoms. But I try to maintain a mix of clothing so I don't get bored! :P

Cynthia Anne
04-09-2012, 06:46 AM
I agree with you! I to wear skirts a lot, but the dress is very special to me! Hugs!

noeleena
04-09-2012, 06:47 AM
Hi,

I have a few dress's 9 , i much prefer skirts as i dont have to rework them . i quite like makeing my own any way, for our groups i have about 16 now & more to make , as for day wear, skirts are my thing.

The one i have just done is black low neckline not too low, & sleveless & i put a green panel down the sides & a hem around the bottom& lace to finish it off, thats for our Edwardian night comeing up next week end the Titanic rememberance & a 50's look for a weekend in Sydney in may comeing. ( Austraila ) Katoomba.

...noeleena...

Karren H
04-09-2012, 06:53 AM
Wait..... I thought women's jeans were the ultimate in femininity? Lol.

Traceyjo
04-09-2012, 06:57 AM
I always prefer dresses . They are what I'm naturally looking for when I want something new. To me they seem to be the most feminine items to wear and I love the sensual feel of a lovely soft dress. I do have some skirts and tops as well but 90% of the time I will put on one of my selection of dresses.

ronda
04-09-2012, 07:49 AM
love dresses very fem

joank
04-09-2012, 08:06 AM
Just spent Easter Sunday in a mint green floral dress from Coldwater Creek. It was light and airy (calf length) with fluff cap sleeves. The white heels were a perfect match. I looked good (if I do say so myself). Made me feel in the season.

Chari
04-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Depending on the event and weather, a dress can be the perfect choice! So nice to be in a soft, free flowing summer dress to attend a garden party or wedding. IMO usually a skirt and top/blouse is more of a business attire.

monalisa
04-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Dresses seem to be the ultimate outfit to be a woman. So feminine. Plus they can be so pretty especially the southern belle look. I just wish we could wear them all the time.

Rachel05
04-09-2012, 08:54 AM
I totally love dresses, I have skirts and tops, but dresses are where I feel the best

Vieja
04-09-2012, 09:07 AM
Skirts and blouses I have had though only a few. I thought a dress would be great so I consulted size charts and ordered a lovely white clingy party dress.

Alas it didn't fit. The dress and a number of other items are going to Good Will.

Vieja

Julie Denier
04-09-2012, 09:09 AM
I love dresses! For me, skirts and tops are too hard to match up to look right, while dresses do a better job for me in creating a decent-looking shape.

Bree Wagner
04-09-2012, 09:10 AM
Dresses are great, but it's so much harder to find well-fitting ones! The skirt and top approach can be much easier to fit with different sizes on top and bottom. But when you find that great dress that flatters your shape it can be amazing! :)

EjayeCD
04-09-2012, 09:14 AM
It's easier for me with female jeans, skirts & tops. My favorites are cargo skirts.

Tina B.
04-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Years ago, I had a great collection of dresses, But over the years I ended up with a closet full of skirts and blouses, Capri's and Jeans. But last Christmas, I decided I wanted a dress, I only had one left, that I had not worn in a long time. So My wife bought me two for Christmas, and since then I've gotten another for my birthday, now if it would just warm up enough to wear them! You just can't find a dress in this town, so I'm buying on line, so far so good.
Dresses are simple, just have to match shoes and jewelry, and your ready to go. Light cool and flirty, I lover dresses!
Tina B.

Jenniferathome
04-09-2012, 09:59 AM
I think we crossdressers are typically searching to show the stereotypical woman, not the real world woman. Basically, the June Cleaver woman. As such, dresses fit the mold quite well. Add to that, the typical males inability to mix and match outfits: "Honey, does this shirt go with these pants?" makes a dress a more comfortable "outfit." While I love dresses as well, I have been gravitating to skirts and tops lately as a more real world look and a better way to blend. Even my choice in dresses is becoming more casual.

rachaelsloane
04-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Mellisa,
Like you, I also went years with mostly skirts and tops and then last fall bought a couple of dresses one day and then went on to buy a lot more. Yes, with the right dress, comes more "femininity", but I found it was much easier than trying to find a top to go with a skirt.
Rachael

Brittany CD
04-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Definitely! To me, the dress is the best part because it's just so feminine and creative!

kimdl93
04-09-2012, 02:39 PM
I love wearing dresses, but find that I have so few opportunities. I try hard to blend in, dressing like other women, which means that most of the time I'm in casual tops, jeans, shorts or crop pants.

Marleena
04-09-2012, 03:46 PM

Correction aren't pajama jeans the hottest sellers since the hula hoop? lol.

lisal
04-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Nothing says arrival like a nice tight dress to bring out the cd in you.

selfridge
04-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Hi Mellisa,

I agree, I feel so much more comfortable in a dress rather than a skirt and top.

Marleena
04-09-2012, 05:12 PM
I agree Melissa dresses are tops! So many to choose from though! I have a few bookmarked.

Leslie Langford
04-09-2012, 05:24 PM

No, that would be the Doc Martens boots and the baseball caps they wear with them... ;).

Tina B.
04-12-2012, 10:29 AM
I think we crossdressers are typically searching to show the stereotypical woman, not the real world woman. Basically, the June Cleaver woman. As such, dresses fit the mold quite well. Add to that, the typical males inability to mix and match outfits: "Honey, does this shirt go with these pants?" makes a dress a more comfortable "outfit." While I love dresses as well, I have been gravitating to skirts and tops lately as a more real world look and a better way to blend. Even my choice in dresses is becoming more casual.

Again I hear the real women don't wear that. Trust me I'm no June Cleaver. Why is it that if no women wear those dresses, they seem to be so popular this season. Are all of these department stores carrying all of these dresses just for us Crossdressers? And I've never had a problem putting together an outfit, in either gender in fact I've always been considereded a bit of a clothes horse, in my male life.
I'm also the one that taught my sons to pick out clothes that match properly, and used to have mothers complementent me on how well my boys did it, and how they wished there kid could. Dresses, are just fun and flirty, and a change from all of those skirts and pants.
Tina B.

cathie
04-12-2012, 03:53 PM
i wore skirts for years only until i tried on a dress. I have both dresses and skirts now but i'm lame on blouses. That will be the next shopping trip. I love dresses over skirts these days

Kaz
04-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Totally agree.. dresses are the biz... but tops and skirts are more practical and offer more options... hmmm... pause for thought!

Nichola
04-12-2012, 04:14 PM
I love a stylish dress, sometimes something short & sexy, sometimes maybe a pretty maxi but I love skirts & tops too & leggings.....Damn, I can't even make a point here, guess I just love fem clothes, there's so many options:heehee:

Stephanie47
04-12-2012, 04:22 PM
I have zero skirts. I have zero blouses. I have exactly eighty dresses of various lengths and styles. Enough said! Of course I have many full slips to wear under those dresses.

PS: I'm watching three more dresses on eBay right now.

charlie
04-12-2012, 05:05 PM
I have been dressing as long as I can remember. I have always worn a skirt of varying length and a top. Lately, I have just been wearing and buying dresses. And I have been getting more and more compliments from people! There must be something to wearing dresses.

Launa
04-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Theres nothing at all like a good fitting dress but I was surprised a few months ago. I tried on a pair of womens slacks, animal print shirt plus some other things then a 3" pair of heels and it felt pretty darn good too.

Dani cd
04-12-2012, 07:49 PM
I have a problem finding dresses with a lenght that I like. Seems they are always too short for me. I like dresses, but for that reason I stick with skirts.

Bobbie224
04-13-2012, 07:22 AM
I dearly love wearing dresses but they are so hard to find inthe right size.They are just ot really made with a mans body in mind.When i do find one that fits right i buy it in a heart beat. Love them

DebbieL
04-13-2012, 07:42 AM
Dresses are like the ultimate challenge for both a cross-dresser and a GG. The challenge is to have a body that looks good in dresses and then to find a dress that shows the body off to it's best. If it's too low cut or strapless, not good if I don't have at least some breast to push up into cleavage (tape only goes so far). An empire waist on a beer belly just makes me look 24 months pregnant. My grandmother saved all the prom dresses and bridesmaid's gowns from all of the weddings, and me and my cousins use to love to go down into the cellar and try them on. I really loved the satin ones the most. When I'm at my best weight, around 150-160 lbs at 5' 11", I look good in all kinds of dresses, but I usually want to belt, to get more shape.

With a dress, there's no sliding the skirt down, there's no easy way to get out of it quickly, and there's no way to hide if you get read. A nice dress with a higher hem will also get you very noticed, which means you really have to have the make-up and hair perfect, or you will get clocked by a lot of people the minute you enter the room. There were times, especially early on, when I would get read very early on, and I'd just have to work the room, making sure that I brought fun and play to the party, that people were so glad I was there that they didn't care whether or not I was a "Real girl".

I've tried longer dresses made of softer fabrics like a loose cotton, but my legs are so long and so is my torso, that it makes me look fatter in the wrong places. I have several nice black dresses that, when I'm down to the right weight, look wonderful on me, and I love to go out on a spring or fall night and dance the night away. I often find that I get approached by both men, who want to dance with me, and groups of women, who want me to dance with their group and join their group. Often at least one is bisexual and intrigued by the possibilities.

emmicd
04-13-2012, 08:54 PM
I love wearing a dress with a cardigan and nice girly shoes. That is ultimate femininity. I have a closet full of dresses and I want to wear them every day. I am very feminine in my dresses and they are fun to wear.

emmi

Lisa-N
04-13-2012, 09:33 PM
I do love a nice summer dress with spaghetti straps love to feel the breeze on my legs and some cute sandals

Rachel Morley
04-13-2012, 09:40 PM
Include me as a "dress lover" .... but I wasn't always. For a quite a few years I thought dresses looked horrible on me as my arms were too "blocky" and by back was too wide .. then I got older, muscle wastage etc and I have no clue how it happened but I tried on a dress one day and unbelievably I looked ok. Not great but better than before. Nowadays I always reach for a dress when I'm going out and rarely wear a skirt and top. :)

Samantha B L
04-13-2012, 09:55 PM
Two of the first decent items of fem clothing I ever owned were a "disco" evening dress and a very magnificant mock victorian wedding dress. I purged the disco dress because I was still real young and chicken as hell about getting caught and found out. I accidentally put a rip up the back of the wedding dress when I turned around to answer the phone and stepped on the hem. I've been out of the closet for awhile now and I usually wear mini-skirts or long pullovers and jerseys with tights. But I plan to make a return to dresses when I can afford to do some expensive shopping.

Simply Joslyn
04-13-2012, 10:32 PM
always preferred dresses overall else the flow the empire wastes(favorite) and each one is unique to its own style plus they tend to stretch a little which is nice

IamSara
04-13-2012, 10:47 PM
I love dresses but tend to where mostly jeans and blouses when I can dress and go out. At home when I can dress I love dresses and I have a few skirts too. Just not too good at making good matches as far as colors and prints go.

big_brenda_75
04-13-2012, 11:17 PM
I don't go out dressed unless it's pretty neutral, although the only jeans I own are ladies (they fit better) and all my long-sleeve Ts. But when I get home I check my closet for what I'm going to be pulling on this evening, and this winter most of the time it's been a dress.

I'm not a skirt fan, but I like casual clothes that look good on me. Ones that show I have a bust of sorts (with a proper bra, of course) and don't emphasize my stomach. The right dress does that, the kind that women of a certain age would wear for housekeeping because it's timeless.

It might be because I have to keep the house pretty cool. I wear long nightgowns to bed and marvel at how efficient they are at keeping me warm when I'm walking about. My dresses do that too.

I guess they are just...me!

Brenda

princessmisti74
04-14-2012, 01:41 AM
I love them all!!
But I must agree, dresses are hard to fit. I have many skirts and tops, but I love shopping for the right dress.
It's like big game hunting, you know it's out there, you know it could be over at the next mall, and it just drives you crazy with giddiness knowing that you might find "it" today (and On Sale!). And if you don't, hey, there's always tomorrow:)

lilith.comunera
04-14-2012, 02:32 AM
I love dresses, they are so creative and beautiful, unlike guy's suits lol

k lynn
04-14-2012, 05:31 AM
Dont like dresses never did I am 48 and been a cd since age 7 dont have the body to short and musclar 5ft 2in 170lbs for me it is just panties bra jeans now for over 30 years wish you allthe best that love dresses but I dont

kristinacd55
04-14-2012, 05:35 AM
I love dresses too, and when I go out it's either in a dress or jeans and a top depending on what the occasion is.

BLUE ORCHID
04-14-2012, 06:17 AM
Hi Mellisa, I to mostly wear skirts and tops but when I get my dresses out I feel as though
That is really getting derssed up .

TGMarla
04-14-2012, 08:58 AM
I've always been a sucker for pretty dresses. There's something about the garment being a one-piece, the sleeves being the same article of clothing as the skirt. Dresses are a benchmark of feminintiy, and something about them just feels right to me. I love nice skirts and tops, but dresses put me over the top.

mellisa
04-15-2012, 03:28 AM
Thank you Marla, but I think YOU are the bench mark of femiminity!

mika
04-15-2012, 04:31 AM
I agree with your comments on wearing dresses & how so very feminine it makes you feel. I love dresses & short skirts I do prefer to wear pantyhose with a short skirt as I am trying to learn how to sit in a feminineway, I have had a few difficulties in the past, skirts though are the ultimate in femininity

Tatiana
04-15-2012, 05:53 AM
I love to wear a dress. I'm not keen on maxi-dresses due to the length but I do love the feel of a silky evening dress or an office wear shirt dress. Having said that, I do also love the feel of a skirt, with the waist band a constant reminder that it is there. When I started to dress it took me ages to realise that a womans waist is higher than a mans!

Tatiana

Rachel Lea
04-15-2012, 06:48 AM
I agree, I think a dress is the most comfortable, most feminine garment. It is the most different form male mode because men always have a belt area like a skirt. But still I love a skirt also. If I had to pick one item to be accepted by society for cross dressing lets hope for a dress.

Andromeda
04-15-2012, 07:48 AM
Dresses forv me. Long dresses in particular. Love the feel around my legs.

zorianacd
04-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Love dresses because they're better at hiding our maleness. One shoulder looks are great because it breaks up wide shoulders. V neck styles also diminish shoulder width.