PDA

View Full Version : Our Daughter Knows

candicd
04-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Our daughter has been told that I am a crossdresser. She had clues in the past that she knew, but never really put them all together. It was really me being lazy and forgetful that caused the "outing".

I washed my wig two days ago and it was on the styro-head to dry. I had it on the shelf in the closet. I told B about it, and then forgot all about it. Well B noticed it today while I was out. I had left the closet door open and it was in full view. She took care of it, but our daughter wanted to know why she closed the closet door when she was in there.

They went for a drive to Sonic and had a talk. She had noticed my shaven legs last week and saw my new pedicure a couple days ago. I guess I wanted to be caught. She knew I wore panties almost full time. B told her I was a crossdresser and that our anniversary was a full day "out". She was more shocked that I went out in public than that I was a crossdresser.

Luckily B took it in stride and our teenager hasn't freaked out on my. She is a good girl. I'm letting it all play out and see what she says. I'm not hiding my toes or legs. Waiting for her to make the next move. Only time will tell.

-Candi

docrobbysherry
04-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Hope it goes OK, Candi. I assume B is your SO and your daughter is the teen?

However, that means she could be age 13 to 19. There may be a difference in how your CD info impacts her if she's on the younger side, tho!

Intertwined
04-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Told our daughter when she was 14 years old (she is now 25), can't explain why then, it was just the right time, Daughter could absolutely care less about what I wear, doesn't even mind me going out dressed, only thing she has asked, that I do not come into her work dressed (I bring her lunch from time to time), her reason " I would HURT one of my co-workers if they said something stupid "... Good Kid...

Cynthia Anne
04-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Perhaps you did want to get caught! Sounds like everything is gonna' be ok! Hopeing the best for you! Hugs!

Jacqueline Winona
04-09-2012, 11:34 PM
that is really nice that she is so accepting- I just posted about the issue of when to tell kids. :) My thinking is that my own kids wouldn't care or even bat an eye about it, but hteir friends, and their friends parents, were an issue I didn't see the need of creating right now.

Barbara Ella
04-09-2012, 11:43 PM
And janice hits the nail, it is not only the kids acceptance of the situation, it is the pressure that will be put on them by friends, and non friends just bullying them because they can, and not to mention the parents. far too many people are ready to complain just to have something to complain about, and it grows. Kids can put up with weird parents, they have been doing that for ages, but cross dressing brings in other consideration than just being a weird parent that can be laughed off. If it is kept in the family, that is one thing. My Daughters are late 30, and have no need to know even now.

Barbara

Sandra
04-10-2012, 02:20 AM
Sounds like you everything will be ok with your daughter :)

A few have mentioned about their friends and bullying. When we told Amy she was 14, she's now 23 she had no problem accepting and said she did have any idea. We sat and talked with her and she asked if she could tell her best friend we told her she could tell who ever she wanted to, and that it wasn't going to be a secret.

She told some of her friends and all of them was fine with it others found out by word of mouth. We also told the teachers at her school in case there was any problems. She didn't have any problems with her friends parents either, the only problem that she had, was a run in with a boy a year older than her. There had been some problem between them way before Amy knew about her Dad, the boy had brought a knife into school and Amy reported him to the head master, Amy wasn't worried and let it be known who it was that had reported him. He was dealt with and allowed back into school, well as you can imagine he was gunning for Amy, snide remarks some about her Dad others just about Amy in general. One day he went to far, stood in front of Amy right up to her face and said something about Nigella, Amy just took a step back and hit him, he went running to the head master. Amy was summoned and was told that really she should be suspended but because of the history between them he wasn't going to do this, basically Amy got told not to do it again. The boy in question was made to look small as the other kids were going round saying that a girl had hit him and he went running to the head, he never bothered Amy again about her Dad.

So can kids cope yes some can I'm not saying all can, but you'd be surprised at how they will cope with the situations.

kimdl93
04-10-2012, 09:36 AM
As Sandra's post notes, sometimes there may be incidents with other kids....and we can't protect our kids from adversity. By talking honestly and openly with your daughter, you've shown respect for her intelligence, you've made it clear that there's nothing to be ashamed of, and given her an object lesson in how to respond to personal, social and cultural diversity. And my guess is she'll be a stronger, more effective person as a result.

candicd
04-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Yes B is my SO. Our daughter is 15 turning 16 in July. She told her mom lat last night "that stuff we talked about in the car. I don't want to talk about it again." As was said above..."whatever".
Oh and she would probably clock anyone who talked bad about our family. She is protective and we are close.

candicd
04-12-2012, 12:23 AM
So my adventures continue. As I stated before, B told our daughter the whole truth about Candi. Our teenager said that night to mom "you know the stuff we talked about earlier? I don't want to talk about it anymore." It's like having a 2nd wife, huh? ;o)

Well....She might want to talk about it now. I get off work at 2am. To unwind I like to sit in the living room and have a beer. I will surf a little on the Internet. Maybe watch a show in hulu or just online. Sometimes I will put a skirt and blouse on but many times I will put a nightie on. Well last night I put on B's long red satin nightgown.

This thing is gorgeous and feels awesome. Everyone else was asleep. I made some popcorn and started to get online. Well my daughter came out of her room. There I am in the recliner in the satin nightgown. I did the best thing I could....I acted like nothing was wrong. I didn't say anything different than I would at any other time. I offered to make her something to eat since she was not feeling up to par. After a 10 minute conversation, I was done with my beer. She went to bed and so did I.

B has not said if she brought it up to her. Our daughter is great. Eventually she may decide to be around Candi. If it doesn't happen it's not a big deal and I will not force it.

In my mind I think it will go like this...for a while she will not want to have anything to do with Candi. We will all go shopping and I will pick up something that is clearly NOT for B. From then on she will be giving me suggestions on what to wear as Candi. It's a thought (or maybe a dream).

-Candi

Sandra1746
04-12-2012, 06:06 AM
It sounds like your discussions with your daughter are going as well as can be expected. Take things slowly and as they come and all will likely work out well in the end.

Hugs and good luck,
Sandra1746