PDA

View Full Version : Is There a CD Club in Your Town?

Carolyn GG
11-06-2005, 10:54 AM
I hope that it is ok for a gg to post here. Anyway, I just wondered how many girls out there have a club in their town where they can mix & mingle with other CDs. If so, please tell me about it. In Toronto, there is Wildside www.wildside.org . My other half, Jamie1 discovered about 3 years ago and I started going in June. It is run by den mother Paddy, who is always friendly and supportive especially to CD's in need. GG's are also encouraged to come, as well It offers a place to express themselves. CD's come, enfremme and go out with others to "the village" (an area in Toronto for the tg community). Once a month, there is karaoke, where we can be idols at Wildside. It also, offers a B & B for any out of towners.

Love to hear from you all. :)

Hugs,

Carolyn

Paula Rae
11-06-2005, 11:09 AM
Hey Carolyn,

No, we don't have anything like the "Wildside" in my area of California. It sounds like great place, I wish we had something like that here. If any of my Nor-Cal sisters know of such a place, I would certainly like to hear from you.

Good Thread Carolyn, thanks for posting it.

Rick B

KatieZ
11-06-2005, 12:14 PM
I have to drive an hour to get to the nearest TG support group to me. The meeting only lasts two hours. So I spend as much time driving as I do there.

Quite often some of the girls go out after the meeting so I tag along to make the most of the evening. Mostly they go to gay or drag clubs. Not my cup o tea but better than going home early. Last night was a small attendance and one of the girls suggested after the meeting we all go out for coffee. The others declined but I said sure, so she and I went to Bob Evans and had a bite to eat. We sat and chatted for 2 hours (till they closed) and came on home. I had never been out like that in public and it was great. The customers hardly paid us any attention after the first "look us over". The staff were all very friendly. Even wished us a "have a good evening ladies" as we left.

More and more I am getting out in public with positive results and it may not be all that long till we don't need a special club just for us. The malls and resturants can be our club house's.

Hugs

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Ricki, there's actually a couple places in the Bay Area.

Carla's (http://www.carlas.com) is a CD/TG salon in San Jose, that hosts a number of regularly events and outings. (Carla is a real sweetie BTW.) If you're shy about going out in public, I Love It Girl (http://www.iloveitgirl.com/) in Fremont offers weekly private dress-up sessions in the evening. Both sites have a calendar of events about a variety of groups, including the Diablo Valley Girls (http://www.transgender.org/dvg/) who meet in Concord.

Stephanie Kay
11-06-2005, 01:31 PM
...Mostly they go to gay or drag clubs. Not my cup o tea but better than going home early. Last night was a small attendance and one of the girls suggested after the meeting we all go out for coffee. The others declined but I said sure, so she and I went to Bob Evans and had a bite to eat. We sat and chatted for 2 hours (till they closed) and came on home. I had never been out like that in public and it was great. The customers hardly paid us any attention after the first "look us over". The staff were all very friendly. Even wished us a "have a good evening ladies" as we left.
Hugs

Sounds like you had a very pleasant feminine time! ! Oh, yes, Katie, I feel the same way you do. Like you, I would much rather go out for coffee, dinner, or to a movie with a T-girlfriend, rather than to hit the bar or club. Most people are just T-oblivious and will leave you alone, if you are just trying to fit in and not trying show off or trying to attract attention. This is how I want it to be all the time!!! I love it!:)

Kaye_martin
11-06-2005, 01:34 PM
I hope that it is ok for a gg to post here. Anyway, I just wondered how many girls out there have a club in their town where they can mix & mingle with other CDs. If so, please tell me about it. In Toronto, there is Wildside www.wildside.org . .... Love to hear from you all. :) Hugs, Carolyn

My home town .... Toronto rocks :D

kaye_martin

Paula Rae
11-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Nice story Katie.

So we do have some support groups in my area, Thank you Darla, I'll check them out.
If I told you how much I appreciate your help, I'd be accused of high jacking this thread.

Ricki B

jenny c
11-06-2005, 01:54 PM
It would be nice to have a TG friendly venue in my home town but it is a small town full of narrow minded people unfortunatly but i am only 26 miles away from Manchester UK which has a thriving TG community with many friendly bars and venues and a support group as well northern concord which is a very friendly venue for social gatherings and just chilling out with other CD`s http://www.northernconcord.org.uk/

HaleyPink2000
11-06-2005, 02:01 PM
For Central Illinois please contact me at haleypink2000@yahoo.com.
We have a nice meeting in Springfield and Champaign Illinois each month on the second Saturday of each month.

*Smile
Haley:)

Amelie
11-06-2005, 02:01 PM
There are no CD only style clubs that I know of in Baltimore. There are CD friendly clubs that have a mix of people go to, like the Hippo club. But Cds can go to any safe clubs here like rock and goth style clubs or certain discos. There are some quiet bars that Cds would be welcome, as well as some restaurants. Just stay away from bad neighborhoods and tourist spots.

Carolyn GG
11-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Hello Girls:

Thank you to everyone who has responded so far. I am happy that my question has generated such quick responses. I am even more glad to know that this thread has allowed CD's to become aware that are clubs and support groups do exist in their area.

Hugs,

Carolyn :)

byrony
11-06-2005, 03:09 PM
As far as I know there are a few drag clubs here and that is it... Usually I go to normal clubs en femme, I just go with my gg friend/beauty consultant.

Maddie Nolan
11-06-2005, 03:59 PM
I am fortunate to have the Nottingham Chameleons a few miles away from me. Not that I have found the courage to visit them yet, but I hope to get there eventually.

Deidra Cowen
11-06-2005, 04:10 PM
In Atlanta we don't have a actual CD club but we have several clubs we go to:

Stage Door - Probably every ones fav rt now. It is rather large with three main areas. Its a gay club but on a Saturday night you might see up to 30 tgirls mixed in the crowd.

Le Buzz - Up just north of Atlanta in Cobb Co. There is a small contigent of Tgirls that really don't run with the big pack of girls but they are there every weekend. You might see 1 to 5 girls not counting the Drag Queens who perform there fri and sat. Every once in a while the large pack of Tgirls that parties together descends upon Le Buzz...last tiime we did that was like 3 weeks ago.

Burkhearts - Very nice gay club in Midtown. Everytime I go there I see very young (to me young..lol) tgirls. Girls in their 20s. I usually see about 3 tgirls here when I go...if the big group is not having a social there.

Model T's - A little dive that used to be the focus point of the CD scene in Atlanta. But these days besides the Drag Queens that perform Thur thru Sat you would be lucky to run into a Tgirl. Its rundown and a bit dirty. LOL

The Jungle / Mrs Q's - The jungle is a large trendy dance club that actually also serves food before 9pm I believe. Mrs Q's is a low key dive next door. Our group of Tgirls seems to go to those two places about once a month.

If you live in Georgia be sure to check out the following yahoo group that is about socializing and going out together..pretty cool group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/georgia_tgirls/

jennifer easton
11-06-2005, 04:54 PM
I hear there is one here KCMO I've not been but I have contacted a rep.hope to atend a meeting soon!
xoxoxJennifer

Michelle123456
11-06-2005, 05:09 PM
There is a CD/TS/TV Club in Holllywood Florida it is called Trixies. And of course we also have South Beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carolyn GG
11-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Hello Everybody:

This is wonderful. :thumbsup: I love hearing from you all. Just keep it coming!!!

Thanks to all that have responded and leaving your URLs.

Hugs to all,

paulaN
11-06-2005, 05:26 PM
I don't know of a tg club in the hole state of Maine. There are gay bars in the portland area. Agunquit(sp) Maine is known for it's gay population.

Samantha Jane
11-06-2005, 05:43 PM
There is absolutely nothing where I live with regards to either CD social events or support meetings/groups, at least nothing that I have been able to find. I have tried looking through local support groups directories and searches on the net. :(

I live in hope that one day something will turn up and that where I live, will eventually pull its self kicking and screaming, out of the dark ages. :D

Billijo49504
11-06-2005, 06:37 PM
I don't know of any here in West Michigan. I know of one organization here, but I haven't contacted them.

Phoebe Reece
11-06-2005, 06:55 PM
In addition to the places mentioned by Deidra, there are a couple of support groups in Atlanta worth mentioning:

Sigma Epsilon chapter of Tri-Ess A support group for heterosexual crossdressers and their spouses / S.O.'s. Meets monthly. Info is available at: http://www.sigmaepsilonatlanta.org/

Atlanta Gender Explorations An open support group for the full spectrum of transgendered people. Meets several times per month. Info is available at: http://www.atlantagender.org/

Charlene Marie
11-07-2005, 12:03 AM
Hi Carolyn, we probably have 25 or 30 clubs in CA, you know were the land of the fruits and nuts. (Not my line, one I heard from someone els). Here in San Diego we have two; Netural corner, which is organized very well but only meet once a month on the 3rd. Sat. Night. It's cool though, they meet in a hotel and have dinner and usually some guest speakers on our subject. The other club I'm not familiure with at all. I'd kill for a week day club I could hang out with, but I can't find any.

Vickie
11-15-2005, 02:03 AM
In Vancouver BC Canada there is a support group called the Cornbury Society with a lots of helpful info for everyone. http://www.cornbury.org

Krystal
11-15-2005, 05:37 PM
I dont know of any in my area, so if any of you girls out there know of anything in the Austin area, please let me know or if someone would just like to get together, swap stories, do eachothers makeup, let me know.

Phoebe Reece
11-15-2005, 05:59 PM
Lisa, the Alpha Tau chapter of Tri-Ess is located in Austin. You can get info about their group from this website: http://hometown.aol.com/mousehurd/AlphaTau.html

Kimberly
11-15-2005, 06:18 PM
Just found there is one... it carries the title of "Oasis" - whether that means its held in Oasis the shop, or it's just called Oasis, I don't know...

And I'm too nervous to ring the phone number attached. (Home phone!! eek!)

Krystal
11-15-2005, 06:37 PM
Thanks Phoebe, got on their sight and submitted a form for info.

Carolyn GG
11-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Thanks to all those that replied to my thread. I am glad to know that many of you have a place to go to. :thumbsup:

Hugs,

uknowhoo
11-18-2005, 09:35 PM
I wanna move to Atlanta !

Phoebe Reece
11-19-2005, 12:22 AM
Ooh Tammi, come on down! There's always room for another CD in this town.

Joanie B
11-19-2005, 12:23 AM
Hi....In Chicago area, there is a Chi Chapter of Tri-Ess, Island Girls (which I have never been to), CGS, and a new group in Elgin, which is a closed group, meaning must ask permission to join, for security reasons....If interested in the Elgin group, send me a private email for more info.

Great virtual support group here, too...

Hugs,
Joanie b.

flatlander_48
11-19-2005, 11:43 AM
I don't know of a tg club in the hole state of Maine. There are gay bars in the portland area. Agunquit(sp) Maine is known for it's gay population.

Ogunquit...
Neat little town. Several years ago I worked in Kennebunk for a few months and lived in Ogunquit. The whole place is a bit campy, but not to the extent of Provincetown. It's not an "anything goes" kind of place but the natives seem pretty relaxed...

MelissaM
11-21-2005, 11:42 AM
I don't know of any here in West Michigan. I know of one organization here, but I haven't contacted them.

November 19
JUST US Social/Support Group, 5pm, Plymouth UCC Church, 4010 S. Kalamazoo St., Grand Rapids. This social/support group is for all glbT people, their friends and families, and meets on the third
Saturday of every month but August. Contact: Andria, eowyn_riderofrohin@yahoo.com or Carla, carla93@juno.com

They meet monthly.

Sazzle
11-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Well, I've not found any CD clubs here. But I can't believe there aren't any!

Eileen
11-21-2005, 08:08 PM
Nice to see that quite a few of you have a support gourp close by. I am fortunate to have TG North close to where I live. For those of who are not so lucky, keep looking for a girl near by and get together for shopping and dinner.

Strike
11-21-2005, 09:45 PM

Shocking I am sure I found one or two in Sussex on the web in the past but was too nervous to call.

michellejean
11-21-2005, 10:33 PM
i wish somebody could and would help me find one here in deep south texas in or around corpus christi tx.

JennyCD
11-21-2005, 11:07 PM
I'm in the redneck capitol of Florida. Nothing even remotely CD friendly here.

Wendy me
11-22-2005, 03:15 PM
nouthing cd here but me.............

beckydee
11-22-2005, 05:53 PM
!!Small town alert!!

You have got to be kidding me... not a chance here.

You're kidding me, in Brighton? There's gotta be!

GemmaN
11-22-2005, 06:10 PM
I've pm'd a few of the recognisable south girls. Any others interested?

Gx