PDA

View Full Version : Aging. Yuck!

TGMarla
11-06-2005, 11:09 AM
This might be a lousy thread, but I gotta gripe. There are things about aging as a male that I just hate. It's no wonder I love being a girl so much. Makeup can cover a multitude of sins. Wigs, too. First of all, when I married my wife, I had great hair. Full, thick, kinda long. Real nice. Know what? It's been falling out now for years. The next time I hear a woman tell me that "Gee, women lose their hair, too..", I'm gonna scream. And there's hair growing out of my nose and ears. Yuck! And that "Middle Age Spread....well, I guess I have to excersize and eat right. But it's still hard to control. I know what they say, men look more distinguished as they age; women just age. But given the choice, I'll take the woman side any day.

Rather feminine topic, eh?

Sorry to rant. :cool:

Rebecca Petersen
11-06-2005, 11:17 AM
Boy am I with you on this one. I even went so far as to believe that exercise and eating right would help. Now I'm tired and hungry all the time. The hair sprouting from every facial orfice is totally disgusting. I can sit with tweezers for hours accomplishing very little because my eye sight is failing also and I can't see the hair clearly enough to grab it with the tweezers. I've resorted to a magnifying mirror so large that if the sun were to hit it, it would burn a hole in the bathroom celing.
Ahhh, the "Golden Years."

Jacqui
11-06-2005, 11:28 AM
Marla, you are right, there is truth in what you say. Sometimes I wonder if the more I age and lose my "ruggedly handsome looks of my youth," the more I want to dress. Who wants to lose their hair, honestly?
The worst thing for a man is to have people make disparaging remarks about his rug, his toupee, or his weave.

But women are given the opportunity to age gracefully with the gazillion products out there for them. They are encouraged to do so. A wig for them is no big deal. Makeup hides their facial defects. Without all of their products, older women would probably look equally aged as older men.

Perhaps in 10 or 15 years if the metrosexual revolution takes hold, men will be encouraged to maintain their looks as they age, and there will be a gazillion products to help them do it.
But for now, I'm with you girl!

Jacqui

Shannon
11-06-2005, 11:59 AM
I totally agree Marla. All those little tiny hairs popping out from places they never have before! I too suffered from middle-age spread, then, right before I turned 50, I started figure skating, which led to ballet and working out with a personal trainer. I still love to cook and eat, so if I didn't work out religiously I wouldn't be wearing a size 10 skirt -- I'd be up to a 14 in 2 months! Weight goes on a lot faster and off a lot slower than when I was younger.

With a the making-up and dressing-up I've been doing lately, I have a new-found appreciation for all the time I spent, when I was married, waiting for my ex to get ready. It takes time!

Jenny Beth
11-06-2005, 12:15 PM
I know what you mean.

EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Wendy me
11-06-2005, 12:25 PM
well now i watck what i eat and try to stay in shape and that is not easy to do... thank god for good hair........... the facial hair yuck that thats the one thing i hate is the facial hair.....ever notice how just as your putting the finishing touches on a just right make up session that one nasty hair shows up????

JulieFL
11-06-2005, 12:28 PM
Getting older stinks, but it sure beats the alternative:D

Julie

Julie
11-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Marla,

When I saw the title of your thread I wanted to run away as fast as possible. The way I've been acting lately you'd think the grim reaper is hot on my tail. I've been acting like a crazed college girl!

But you know what's funny? I have heard so many women say men age more gracefully than women and then cite a list of reasons why and, thinking like a man, I had to agree. A woman with grey hair is an old lady. A man with grey hair is distinguished. An overweight woman is fat. An overweight man just hides it under loose clothes. I wish I could remember them all.

I guess this just shows how much we think like women. "Vanity thy name is woman" ... and crossdressing man too! ;)

KatieZ
11-06-2005, 12:42 PM
"Growing old ain't for the faint of heart"

Hugs

Jodi Lynn
11-06-2005, 01:12 PM
hate those damn ear and nose hairs. And what about those stray hairs that just seem to pop up over night ???????

Stephanie Kay
11-06-2005, 01:20 PM
I agree, Marla. But both men AND women have their own "cross to bear" around aging. So let's just do it and have fun!!
BTW, dear, your new avatar is very nice. Very classy outfit!! Great look!:)

TGMarla
11-06-2005, 01:32 PM
You're so sweet!

Toni
11-06-2005, 01:35 PM
To tell the truth I don't care about growing old as a man, when I know that I can put a trowel full of slap on and look reasonably "young" again as a lady and wear all those lovely clothes too.

Kimberly
11-06-2005, 01:38 PM
can I add something?? *looks round careful not to mention her age...19 ahem 19*

Seeing my dad age, and seeing some of the stuff you've all described, translate onto him -- I'm thinking. "Damn... in 30 years, I'm not going to be able to pull off the 'look' any more." Arrrrgh!

*screams and runs from agéd*

Lauren_T
11-06-2005, 02:32 PM
can I add something?? *looks round careful not to mention her age...19 ahem 19*

Seeing my dad age, and seeing some of the stuff you've all described, translate onto him -- I'm thinking. "Damn... in 30 years, I'm not going to be able to pull off the 'look' any more." Arrrrgh!

*screams and runs from agéd*Aah, humbug! :) Even if you never touch hormones, starting young'll always result in looking better down the road than those like yrs trly, who started late... Long, long before you reach my age a girly presentation'll be second nature to ya... :thumbsup:

...and Marla: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: on the new av & the dress...

Laura Jane
11-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Part of whats great for me in cross dressing is that it takes 10 years off me, but only because I'm a slap head in drab!

Jodi
11-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Hi Marla, I'm 60 and I know just what you mean. More maintenance now than ever. I moisturize my skin two times a day. I make sure the nose and ear hairs are trimmed frequently. I tweeze the stray hairs almost daily. I watch my diet and exercise daily. It is not easy to age. If you think you have named the worst of them, just ait till prostate problems begin. (LOL)

Jodi

Barbara Van Horn
11-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Marla,

Bad news! I'm fifty-three and can promise you that some things don't get any better. However, I'm afraid women don't get cut much slack on aging. (Check all that cosmetic stuff for women and the dearth of stuff for guys.) It might by my way of rationalizing (or making peace with the way life it), but I have "adopted" several special lady friends who are ten or twenty years older than I am who I want to be like when I'm their age. These women are intelligent, well groomed, confident and very engaged with life.

Meanwhile, I just pluck my nose hairs as required....

Amelie
11-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Getting older stinks, but it sure beats the alternative:D

Julie

I don't know,,,maybe the alternative ain't so bad.

Love for youth,
Live fast cause it won't last
Love for youth
So die young and stay pretty.

Adrianne
11-06-2005, 08:38 PM
I got to agree it sucks getting older, i be 40 in 3 months.

Faye Emmette
11-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Great topic .. I have been worrying about being 'skinny' all my life and now my big boofy mates are lumps of lard... but now I'm getting a tummy and I'm surprised how much I hate it !! And some of the skirts I have are getting a little bit squeezy as they were always tight from the start. Bu in ways it's good too because as a woman I can wear a hairpiece and a bit of foundation and lippy takes at least a decade off my 55. :)