PDA

View Full Version : Confused: Finaly came out but hate being clean shaven in drab.... any ideas welcome?

dee_kay
04-10-2012, 02:01 PM
After a long battle I've finally accepted myself and that I'm a cross dresser and even told a couple friends who've been supportive. I was hoping that this new found freedom would help me actually get out and take my cross dressing more seriously however there's a problem.....

Just before coming to Uni I decided to grow a beard.... I've shaved it off a few times but in drab I don't like how I look without it and end up having to grow it back again and get seriously unhappy how I look in the week or so until its grown enough..... this is made more bizarre by the fact I've kept my chest, arm pits and legs shaved for a good few years.

This is now having a detrimental effect on my cross-dressing, particularly now I've got a couple of female friends who actually seem interested in helping me explore this side of me!

Don't know what I'm asking really but just wondering if anyone else is in the same position as me and got any advice?

JessHaust
04-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Just give it time. I know that I always felt the same way at first, but after the clean white skin that was under the beard gets some sun, and starts to look like the rest of your face, it gets better.

JohnH
04-10-2012, 02:52 PM
When I first shaved my moustache off I thought I look strange. It's just a matter of getting used to the look at being clean shaven.

At the beginning I never thought I would be on M2F HRT when I first shaved that darned thing off. But I cannot imagine for a moment of ever growing facial hair again! In fact, before I ever walk out the door I make sure that I am cleanly shaved.

John

kimdl93
04-10-2012, 03:16 PM
sorry, never could grow a respectable beard. I can tell ya, I'd shave it. You can always grow it back if you prefer the bearded look.

Kerigirl2009
04-10-2012, 03:38 PM
I'm on the oposite side of the beard spectrum, I have grown a goatee twice and both times I hated it, Hated it, hated it. Yuk yuk yuk.
I am currently looking at laser or electrolysis which ever is better for me as I want a more feminine face even in drab.
Good luck with your getting used to a clean shaven face.

DonnaT
04-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Note that we are all different, some like the full enfemme look, some others like to dress enfemme but prefer to remain looking like a guy.

There a quite a few CDs sporting facial hair, such as a beard, and don't give a darn what others think. Nothing wrong with that.

You'll have to decide what's best for you, and how it makes you feel. Do you want to look totally like a woman, or can you be happy dressing but keeping the beard.

shayleetv
04-10-2012, 04:43 PM
It's too bad your not like my neighbor who looks like a mountain man most of the time. He just gets tired of shaving and within a week he has a beard that would take me a couple of months to grow. I have never seen anyone grow a beard faster. One day I asked his wife if she like his beard and she said that it kind of grows on her from minute to minute and then she giggled for a while.

carhill2mn
04-10-2012, 04:49 PM
I have known a few CDs that wanted to keep their facial hair. This is OK for someone who only wants to wear feminine clothing in private. I think the facial hair thing is an issue only if one desires to look more woman-like.

It was never a problem for me as I could never understand why any man wanted to have facial hair.

STACY B
04-10-2012, 04:53 PM
sorry, never could grow a respectable beard. I can tell ya, I'd shave it. You can always grow it back if you prefer the bearded look.

Yea an if wont grow back Ill mail ya mine ! After I get it LAZERD OFF

ronda
04-10-2012, 04:54 PM
sorry i can't help when it comes to beards i don't and never have had enough wiskers to grow onedid not shave more than once a week till i was over 50

Launa
04-10-2012, 08:38 PM
I've never wanted to have a beard and dress up unless I was just by myself wearing a dress around the house, I have had 4 days of growth a lots of times in my life but now I can't stand it. If I could get rid of all facial hair even body hair except for the runway strip then I would be fine with that. My SO like me to have hair though...

Barbara Ella
04-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Always hated shaving the face, but couldn't stand beard. Now I shave or epillate everywhere except one strip. Not going back, doesn't matter what i am wearing.

Barbara

danielle.cd
04-10-2012, 10:53 PM
there are maskes for the hairier ones but u will have to get used to seening a mask instead of doing your makup on your skin , i got lasered to get rid of the bad looking beard and stache

Vanessa Storrs
04-11-2012, 12:43 AM
I had a full beard for ten years. They instituted grooming standards at my job so I had to shave it off. I really believe that being clean shaven makes me look a little more feminine. I may grow the mustache back so I can look like my grandmother.

dee_kay
04-11-2012, 04:58 AM
Hi!

Thanks for the ideas.... think I'm going to end up needing to invest in two wigs a long one for en femme and a beard one for drab!

Although seriously I probably just to need accept if I am going to take things further I'll have to lose the beard on a regular basis.... and invest in a decent shaver to prevent too much blood loss. Suppose I just need to 'man up' when I want to 'girl up'!

erickka
04-11-2012, 05:19 AM
I'm happy to be clean shaven. If I try to do a beard, it grows out as white as Santa's, and I HATE looking old even in drab.

Millie
04-11-2012, 06:00 AM
Hi dee_kay

I also was a little disappointed with my looks when I shaved my beard off. Its just that your not used to looking at yourself beardless. You will get used to it in time. I am completely hairless nowadays and I love it. If your "girlfriends" are really serious on helping you, then you'll look beautiful in no time. You just have to discover your look. Good Luck. Love Millie

Jamiegirl1
04-11-2012, 08:30 AM
After a long battle I've finally accepted myself and that I'm a cross dresser and even told a couple friends who've been supportive. I was hoping that this new found freedom would help me actually get out and take my cross dressing more seriously however there's a problem.....

Just before coming to Uni I decided to grow a beard.... I've shaved it off a few times but in drab I don't like how I look without it and end up having to grow it back again and get seriously unhappy how I look in the week or so until its grown enough..... this is made more bizarre by the fact I've kept my chest, arm pits and legs shaved for a good few years.

This is now having a detrimental effect on my cross-dressing, particularly now I've got a couple of female friends who actually seem interested in helping me explore this side of me!

Don't know what I'm asking really but just wondering if anyone else is in the same position as me and got any advice?

I feel the same as you,I had a moustache forever and shaved it off a couple of years ago,because I wanted to start wearing wigs and makeup,I don't like how I look without it,however,I really love being a woman more and trying to pass as such.....Everyone asked why I shaved it off,I said it was getting tooo much gray in it and I didn't like that........For me it is a good trade off,much rather be pretty!!!!!!

Imeni
04-11-2012, 08:36 AM
The only type of beard I can't grow, is of course the one I want. A Dwarven Beard. Those large, bushy, half way down your torso beards. So I've had mustaches, goatees, to the hair I have covering my chin + soul patch I have now. I, like you, hate the way I look without any sort of facial hair. I don't like a mustache. It just seems to collect my food as I'm trying to eat it. Then during the winter, my breathe/boogies get all frozen on it? Ick. But why shave it all off completely? Why not go into a salon or a barber and get it trimmed up. Yeah, you might not be able to pass as a female but, not every crossdresser wants to be out in public as a woman. Some are completely content staying at home with a book, or video games -hint hint-, and never leave the house. :D