PDA

View Full Version : What song, poem or story helped you with accepting your female self?

Jennifer Monroe
04-10-2012, 02:02 PM
I recently have accepted Jennifer unconditionally after years of denial, shame and guilt. I realize now she is a gift that I must embrace. I feel really good now and a bit high…probably from years of covering up. This song comes to mind from the seventies from a group called Firefall. Here I am showing my age. LOL

You are the woman that I've always dreamed of I knew it from the start I saw your face and that's the last I've seen of my heart
It's not so much the things you say to me It's not the things you do It's how I feel each time you're close to me That keeps me close to you, woh oh
You are the woman that I've always dreamed of I knew it from the start I saw your face and that's the last I've seen of my heart
It's not so much your pretty face I see It's not the clothes you wear It's more that special way you look at me
That always keeps me there, woh oh
It's hard to tell you all the love I'm feelin' That's just not my style You got a way of send my senses reelin' Every time you smile, woh
You are the woman that I've always dreamed of I knew it from the start I saw your face and that's the last I've seen of my heart (I saw your face and that's the last I've seen of my heart) Of my heart, oh, of my heart

Being Paige
04-10-2012, 02:06 PM
I feel like a woman by Shania Twain! Is one that comes to mind.

susan scott
04-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Carly Simon and the video of her singing "coming around again " set in Martha's Vineyard with the wind blowing her hair and the ocean in the background .

Launa
04-10-2012, 08:29 PM
I have not really had a song that has helped me with my female self but one that I like and still think its great to listen to is Lady Gaga's song that says don't be a drag just be a queen.

RebeccaLynne
04-10-2012, 08:33 PM
"Lola" by the Kinks.

daviolin
04-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Man I feel like a woman. And Girls just wanna have fun. Daviolin

Leslie Langford
04-11-2012, 09:47 AM
...kind of a toss-up between Diana Ross' "I'm Coming Out", Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive", and Cindy Lauper's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"...

aly01
04-11-2012, 11:00 AM
man I feel like a woman, big girls don't cry, girls just want to have fun along with others

Karren H
04-11-2012, 11:41 AM
I didn't need any assistance from a song, poem or story helped me accept...

BillieJoEllen
04-11-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm with Karren on this one. I've always felt the way i am and really needed no outside encouragement.

aprilmaeflowers
04-11-2012, 12:37 PM
"Take a Walk on Wild Side" Lou Rawls

Leslie Langford
04-11-2012, 03:16 PM
I didn't need any assistance from a song, poem or story helped me accept...

...and especially not from Neil Diamond's one-time hit "Forever in Blue Jeans" ;) :tongueout :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6ixR-sJ89s&feature=related

Cynthia Anne
04-11-2012, 03:18 PM
I be COUNTRY! So it would be ''Long haired country boy'' by Charley Daniels! Hugs!

sometimes_miss
04-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Rod Stewart's 'The killing of Georgie'. The line was, 'Never wait, or hesitate, get in kid, before it's too late. You may never get another chance'.
It redefined how I looked at my life.