PDA

View Full Version : Do you enjoy coming out?

kimdl93
04-10-2012, 05:55 PM
This question just occurred to me. I know I have the usual apprehensions, but once I've come out to someone, I feel kinda good about it. How about you?

ArleneRaquel
04-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Kim,
It was a very liberating event, after a sometime halting start, after going full time enfemme, I love my new life. It has been, for me, a lifelong dream, I am having a very joyful life.

Lorileah
04-10-2012, 06:00 PM
I have never regretted it. Sometimes I wonder if the person took it as well as I hoped. But usually the results are at last neutral.

StevieTV
04-10-2012, 06:02 PM
It is liberating. I no longer have to quickly hide items if there is a knock at the door. Also by telling someone you become more open with that person.

Chrisnel
04-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Coming out to my wife was extremely uplifting and also a lot of fun - she asked me what my fantasy was and I told her it was to wear the lacy bran and panty set she'd just bought; she helped me dress. That was almost twenty years ago. Since then, we visited a CD club where I was "out" but in front of total strangers. Most memorable from that occasion was living as a woman for a day. Lately, I've come out to my doctor who was fantastic with it and extremely supportive. I felt so relieved walking out of his office and felt an extreme sense of peace. On the lighter side, there are a few prudes and red necks I'd love to come out to when they're at their most bigoted, red neck selves. I'm chuckling just thinking about it - perhaps that will trump my fear - who knows?
Chris

BLUE ORCHID
04-10-2012, 08:16 PM
H Kim, I came out to my wife almost 48years ago it was great then it started to go down hill.
Now days it's a DADT thing but everything is ok that way life goes on I still dress but she doesn't want to see it.

Launa
04-10-2012, 08:24 PM
I've only come out to a small handful people, one person was my wife 20 years ago. It was all good but now I want to get out more and she doesn't like the idea. So now the hard work begins.

STACY B
04-10-2012, 08:27 PM
This is my SECRET an dont tell no one ,,, If ya kinda leak it out ,, Just kinda ,, Then this stuff almost fixes it self ? How you ask ,,Well if someone knows an tells someone else an they dont like it they will avoid you ,, An if they dont care they will come around ,, So if they avoid you an dont like it how would you ever know?But yea I do feel better when I tell ,, But mostly I would like em to figure it out on there own ,, Get tired of talking bout it sometimes .. Thats not what Im all about its just a part ,, Most of the time like to just talk about regular stuff like shoe shoping . An hair ,,An nails ,,

PretzelGirl
04-10-2012, 09:41 PM
It is interesting. I have always been a nervous type of person and it increases as an event gets closer. But I also always felt good about coming out to someone. So I end up with being ready to come out with the expectation of positive events, but my stomach is turning in the process. But I do believe that going into a situation where you are coming out with a positive mindset will go real far to generating a positive outcome.

flatlander_48
04-10-2012, 10:19 PM
For me, it has been a 2 step process. I've come out to maybe 20 people, or so, as a bisexual. However, the number that I've told about cross-dressing is MUCH smaller (maybe 4). My guess is that it feels like much more of a risk. In all cases, there has been a noticable unburdening that feels pretty good...

Cynthia Anne
04-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Straight answer yes! Even though some I have came out to are not accepting! I still enjoy it because 'you find out who your real freinds are'! Hugs!

johanna.kitten
04-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Yes it is a liberating feeling, I have now outed myself to all I know but my old man, I don't think he would handle it well, then again - he live in another country all together and we have little contact as it is. I finally outed myself to one of of my best friends as late last weekend and it went all well, I even mentioned my ambition to transition. He was only concerned that Johanna would not attend the cigar club Thursdays. LOL!

/Johanna

JessHaust
04-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Liberating is the oft used phrase here, and I think it is spot on. For everyone I tell, I feel another weight lifted from me. I was once like so many here and was terrified that someone might find out, I fooled myself into believing it was my best choice to keep it seceret, but now I look back and am only sad for all the years I wasted. Coming out is the best thing that ever happened to me.

Vanessa Storrs
04-11-2012, 12:26 AM
I am out to several people and their reactions have been very positive. My brother was the least enthusiastic but he lives a thousand miles away, and we rarely see each other. I too have felt liberated when outing myself.

Chardonnay Merlot
04-11-2012, 02:29 AM
The first people I came out to knew, and they even had a bet on it.

JessHaust
04-11-2012, 02:34 AM
The first people I came out to knew, and they even had a bet on it.

And it seems that you won!

dee_kay
04-11-2012, 05:23 AM
I've only ever came out to a couple of female friends, one was fairly neutral but not in a positive but 'not really interested way' other was far more interested. Enjoyable? Not really, relieve? definitely.

Also I think I might have accidentally outed myself to most of work and some other friends though....

Basically I allowed myself to be 'persuaded' to go on a team night dressed up for charity and may have been 'slightly' overly enthusiastic about it both before, during and after the event. Additionally a few days later when I was speaking to some other friends about the night out, my attempts to try and 'empower' them to suggest another opportunity for me to 'raise money for charity' were not sufficiently subtle. With the result of one friend questioning if I was a cross dresser which I didn't handle too well (should have admitted it as opposed to getting embarrassed). Either way I think my chances of doing it 'for charity' again have ended!

Frédérique
04-11-2012, 06:10 AM
Do you enjoy coming out? This question just occurred to me. I know I have the usual apprehensions, but once I've come out to someone, I feel kinda good about it. How about you?

No, I don’t feel good about it. Over time, I mean. Initially, a type of euphoria comes over me, belying a relief I dearly wish to feel, but as soon as the other person’s face makes that tell-tale “What on Earth?” look, I immediately wish I had never said ANYTHING. I’ve “come out” three times, and I wish I had never told anyone, or disclosed feelings that would be better off not being expressed, if only to maintain something I hold near and dear (VERY dear, I might add). It’s enough that I’m “out” here, amongst my friends and peers, or people who will understand why I (or we) dress, at least in principle. According to my own experiences, crossdressing is something not capable of sharing, unless bewilderment is a goal you wish to achieve during your lifetime...
:straightface:

Of course, I wish I had never done many things, or told people things I shouldn’t have disclosed in the first place, but there is this need to declare how interesting you feel you are, if only to obtain some attention and/or positive feedback. In the case of CD’ing, none is forthcoming, so keeping within my “self,” and not coming out, makes me feel kinda good. Can you dig it?
:battingeyelashes:

noeleena
04-11-2012, 06:34 AM
Hi,

I had to learn how to talk to people & explain why i was different. many of those people we Jos & i knew over 16 years . it was a matter of putting your life on the line for all to see. & to gain thier trust & to keep our friends as we went through our life with them.

In the begining was Jos then our family then it was an open book for all to see, we have not lost any friends over that 16 years, fact is we have by far more friends now than before,

How i went about details was the best for us, i talked to each person told them what was happening to me & invited them in to my life, those where i worked , with friends & so on.

Those i could not see or reach knew over night through our two T V stations & papers,& i was invited to do that,

We did not know how this would go & i was a bit bothered though i had no need to as it was right for us & that has been proved right ,

...noeleena...

Cheryl T
04-11-2012, 01:55 PM
It's scary telling someone at first. But it's such a relief to not have to hide from them anymore, whether or not they accept it.

GBJoker
04-15-2012, 03:37 PM
I absolutely hate it.

Every one I've come out to refuses to talk to me anymore because they now think I'm a different person than they originally thought.

BLUE ORCHID
04-15-2012, 03:54 PM
I absolutely hate it.

Every one I've come out to refuses to talk to me anymore because they now think I'm a different person than they originally thought.

Hi GBJ, Who knows you may be the lucky one now.
They must've not been the best of friends anyway.

kimdl93
04-16-2012, 03:32 PM
I absolutely hate it.

I'm sorry to hear that has been your experience. I'm curious, who did you tell, and under what circumstances?

5150 Girl
04-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Comming out is like beeing released from a prison for a crime that you didn't comit

KayleahDee
04-17-2012, 09:36 PM
As long as I don't have any moments of depression and I have got the urge to do it, you better believe I enjoy coming out! Especially when I meet others in the same boat as I was when I first started out.

mika
04-17-2012, 10:18 PM
I loved coming out,some very supportive female friends thought it was great I was admitting to being bi sexual & crossdressing, one of them bought me a pair of black tights & wants to have a girls night so she can do my make up. I know what some people think about this lifestyle & I really don't care!

sue1965
04-18-2012, 08:53 AM
I find it very liberating, Although there has been some people with issues with my cross dressing, most are excepting of it.And for the GG's I have come out to, our conversation about have bloomed and chatting about feminine things such as nails, clothes and make up have been great.