PDA

View Full Version : Crossdresser/Transexual Checklist

Secret_Dresser
04-10-2012, 08:32 PM
This is a mix of semi-serious but meant to be more fun than anything else.

What range of things should a crossdresser do? So far here is my thoughts:

1. Accept Yourself for who you are...check
2. Open up to sombody you know personally, online or face to face...check (currently 5)
3. Purchase an item of female clothing...check
4. Try on an item of clothing in store...check
5. Experiment with makeup...not done
6. Go out fully en femme...not done
7. Purchase an item of female clothing en femme...not done
8. Try on an item of female clothing in store en femme...not done
9. Get help with makeup in store either en femme or in drab... not done

Feel free to add others and check them off if you have (just copy and paste this post and edit as appropriate) :)

Note: If anything is TS specific, such as hormonal treatment then please create a separate checklist.

sandra-leigh
04-10-2012, 08:54 PM
I've done all of the above. :happy:

Going out "alone" and only seen by others at a distance is the first step out the door for many. And taking that to the point of interacting with someone (convenience store, gas) is an important second step, after which things tend to start happening much faster.

Then there is "first set of breast forms", followed by "first real set of breast forms". :heehee:

But I think your biggest omission was an item about going out wearing a brazenly short skirt. :D

Katesback
04-10-2012, 10:28 PM
I see a theme that many CDs feel compelled to do and that is to come out. I wonder why they feel this. I can see telling someone about your little hobby if they intend to present a girl to them but if not then why tell them?

Bree-asaurus
04-10-2012, 10:43 PM
I was expecting a much longer and more diverse list...

All: Check ;)

danielle.cd
04-10-2012, 10:47 PM
wow all but number 9 done for me , might they add chop of balls and or start hormones

Anna Lorree
04-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Lol, I did more than half of your list just tonight.

Anna

Bree-asaurus
04-10-2012, 11:10 PM
wow all but number 9 done for me , might they add chop of balls and or start hormones

Well... that would be the separate, transexual checklist :P

JessHaust
04-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Everything but 8, but then I never try on things in male mode either. Number 9 was done en drab, but was really easy, far more so than expected

I see a theme that many CDs feel compelled to do and that is to come out. I wonder why they feel this. I can see telling someone about your little hobby if they intend to present a girl to them but if not then why tell them?
Why, because most of us want to experience life not hide from it. Please read post on how coming out makes you feel.

Marleena
04-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Looks like I've completed your list. Nothing to add at this point.:)

Cynthia Anne
04-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Been there done all of those! Plus hormones! No chopping YET!!!!!!!!!!! I'll add go to a bra fitting! Check! Hugs!

Barbara Ella
04-10-2012, 11:24 PM
I am working hard, and have completed 1 through 5, and asked for help in 9, but did not try any on in store. It is the en femme aspect, and the getting out the door for the first time that is the biggest hurdle to get over. Working on it.

Barbara

Lauren415
04-10-2012, 11:25 PM
Same as Cynthia. I would add mammogram!

Sue Too
04-10-2012, 11:53 PM
CHECK CHECK CHECK!!! Items 1-9 Completed..... The more you do it the easier it gets.

Life is good

Susan in Phoenix

Vanessa Storrs
04-11-2012, 12:31 AM
Use the ladies room.

docrobbysherry
04-11-2012, 12:33 AM
My score is upfront!
About an 8 out of 10?--1. Accept Yourself for who you are...check
Only one--2. Open up to sombody you know personally, online or face to face...check (currently 5)
Check. 3. Purchase an item of female clothing...check
Check. 4. Try on an item of clothing in store...check
In my case "exterminate" is a BETTER WORD!--5. Experiment with makeup...not done
Check. 6. Go out fully en femme...not done
Nope. 7. Purchase an item of female clothing en femme...not done
Nope. 8. Try on an item of female clothing in store en femme...not done
Ha ha ha! Think lipstick on a pig! 9. Get help with makeup in store either en femme or in drab... not done

Launa
04-11-2012, 12:45 AM
I have done things from numbers 1 to 6. I will get to the others yet.

[QUOTE=Katesback;2810665]I see a theme that many CDs feel compelled to do and that is to come out. I wonder why they feel this. I can see telling someone about your little hobby if they intend to present a girl to them but if not then why tell them?

I want to come out to the world right now, all at once however there would be severe consequences to the people around me. I feel this way and want to come out because I've felt like a pc of crap over the years for being this way. The people I have told and accepted me have seen me dressed as a girl. If they weren't going to accept then I wouldn't be going to see them looking like a girl.

DeniseNJ
04-11-2012, 08:53 AM
I have many CHECKS but I want some more::: purchase an item of clothing en femme, try on a item while en femme, get help with make-up in a store en femme like at the MAC counter. I want to go to the nail salon en Femme and get the full treatment along with a full set. all the rest I did!!

rita63
04-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Well I'm at 5 1/2. I was still wearing my runners not my only pair of low heels, I can't walk in my high ones. But I was dressed at my support group and took the bus to get there but under my winter coat and hat. I had my makeup done at an aesthetics fair the group ran and enjoy playing with makeup trying to look better (less is more). Anyhow everytime I try something new I feel better and more complete in myself.

hugs rita

Secret_Dresser
04-11-2012, 09:00 AM

If you asked me a few months back if I would out myself openly to people then I would easily replied No. I only outed myself due to the fact my mind was somewhat "warped" by alcohol. Why do CDs feel compelled to come out? I have no clue currently as it would vary from person to person. I think it may have something to do with being accpted for who you are.

daviolin
04-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Completed your list. Now to add to list. 1. travel out of state en fem. Very excceting. And meet up with other tgirls. 2. be with wife en fem, as a couple of girlfriends. I am going to do that this Friday with my wife. I can't wait. Thats all for now. Daviolin

Karren H
04-11-2012, 10:14 AM
I used to love making lists just so I can check off what I've done. Actually gave me a greater sense of accomplishment marking things off the list than what I actually did on the list... And the beauty was that inconsequential things are weighted equally with important things! And I'd always do the easy things first... Lol. Guess that's why I don't make lists any more.... But my wife still does......

sandra-leigh
04-11-2012, 10:32 AM
I want to go to the nail salon en Femme and get the full treatment along with a full set. all the rest I did!!

I've done that. Remember that if you are getting a pedicure, you can't be wearing nylons! :o

I guess getting acrylic / gel nails is perhaps more on the TG/TS list ?

Katesback
04-11-2012, 12:19 PM
I understand the being accepted as who you are. Makes complete sense to me. The problem I see however is telling someone your a CD is a huge difference to showing them you are a CD by presenting to them a girl.

If you asked me a few months back if I would out myself openly to people then I would easily replied No. I only outed myself due to the fact my mind was somewhat "warped" by alcohol. Why do CDs feel compelled to come out? I have no clue currently as it would vary from person to person. I think it may have something to do with being accpted for who you are.

LeaP
04-11-2012, 05:17 PM
I understand the being accepted as who you are. Makes complete sense to me. The problem I see however is telling someone your a CD is a huge difference to showing them you are a CD by presenting to them a girl.

That would be the difference between notification of upcoming layoffs versus walking into work one day and getting fired.

Kristyn Hill
04-11-2012, 05:37 PM
2. Open up to sombody you know personally, online or face to face...check (currently 1) - wife
3. Purchase an item of female clothing...check - shoes since 1988
4. Try on an item of clothing in store...check - heels
5. Experiment with makeup...not done - barely and not enough for a check
6. Go out fully en femme...not done
7. Purchase an item of female clothing en femme...not done
8. Try on an item of female clothing in store en femme...not done
9. Get help with makeup in store either en femme or in drab... not done

scored 4 for Kristyn.

Gaby2
04-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Ooh I do like your check-list, S-D!
1-6 have happened... almost all by themselves...
7, 8, and 9 are just begging me to have a go...
I guess you've just put my newest dreams into words...
:daydreaming:Gaby

Lori B
04-11-2012, 05:52 PM
I`m good on 1 thru 6:battingeyelashes:.............7,8,9 well.....maybe someday...lol:heehee:

Jonianne
04-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Make a point of interacting with others, while being yourself, whether you are CD or TS, whether you pass or not. TxKimberly is one of many such wonderful examples here of how you can be around average ordinary people in daily life and still be comfortable being yourself, as well as most of them being comfortable with you.

Kristy_Iowa_CD
04-11-2012, 07:42 PM
1. Accept Yourself for who you are...Check
2. Open up to sombody you know personally, online or face to face...Not Done
3. Purchase an item of female clothing...Check (been doing it by mail order/online for years)
4. Try on an item of clothing in store...Check? (How is this different from #8?)
5. Experiment with makeup...Check
6. Go out fully en femme...Check
7. Purchase an item of female clothing en femme...Check (at a Dress Barn about 4 years ago now)
8. Try on an item of female clothing in store en femme...Check (at the same Dress Barn 4 years ago)
9. Get help with makeup in store either en femme or in drab... Not Done

10. Use the ladies room...Not Done
11. Get a pedicure or manicure...Check

This is the sort of post that makes GGs nuts with anxiety. Whilst it might seem that everyone wants to do more and more dangerous things, a lot of us really don't. OK it might be cool to go out and fool the public you are a woman so you can brouse the lingerie section, or just have a girly outing, but it isn't some rite of passage that is required. I can see the appeal of playing a game of dare and I have imagined what it would be like, but it wouldn't be to "express my true self" it would be to see if I got away with it for the adrenalin rush.
There is a very misleading thing going on here, which is a pissing contest disguised as something else.
I would disagree Scarlet. I wouldn't call lists like this a pissing contest or even a rite of passage. The bottom line is things that GG's take for granted (e.g. browsing the lingerie section) can be very difficult for some of us and are most likely to result in a confrontation or a negative reaction. No one cares if a "man dressed as a woman" drives around the block in her car. If that same woman stops at a mall, uses the ladie's room, and asks for a bra fitting - hold the phone! Being able to do things that a GG does everyday without a second thought can be very liberating! I thought the day I tried on and bought my first blouse at Dress Barn was one of the best days of my life!

Princess_Andria
04-11-2012, 08:06 PM
2. Open up to sombody you know personally, online or face to face...check (way too many)
4. Try on an item of clothing in store...nope
5. Experiment with makeup...check
6. Go out fully en femme...check
7. Purchase an item of female clothing en femme...nope
8. Try on an item of female clothing in store en femme...nope
9. Get help with makeup in store either en femme or in drab... nope

10. get married and be the bride... plans made =P

ME2.0
04-12-2012, 12:07 AM
I hate to disagree, but I think it's important to do what you want to. I've done most of the things on your list, but I don't want to feel like I'm more or less of who I am because I didn't complete someone else's list. I think it's far more important to feel comfortable with what you do, and do it because it feels right to you. I'm comfortable buying makeup alone at a store. I'm also comfortable putting a bra on the cashiers desk standing there alone. But I don't feel the need to travel en femme. Just know yourself, decide what goals YOU want, and if everyone else likes it, good! And if everyone else expects more, screw them! Do what YOU want.

My point is that there isn't one convenient list that makes you a "level 3 crossdresser" or a "super-grand-poobah-dresser, or a crossdresser in general. If there's a guy out there that feels comfortable with a full beard wearing stockings and heels, and that's all he wants to progress, I'm happy for him if he is. What you think is a crossdresser isn't what the next guy thinks is a crossdresser.

I'm happy epilating my whole body, but I'm not plucking my eyebrows...
Staci

Diane Smith
04-12-2012, 03:09 AM
That checklist is only a very, very early set of steps -- which you will accomplish in the process of preparing for a single weekend outing if you are determined. The long haul ahead is integrating your femme self into all aspects of your life and getting out and about on a continuing and regular basis, an adventure which never really ends for most of us. You may need some more intermediate and long term goals to pursue once these first few milestones are achieved, or alternatively, you might decide to eschew defined steps and just let life take you where it will.

- Diane

Richelle423
04-16-2012, 03:38 PM
So far I have done #1 through 3.have been tempted to try on things at store though i.e. jeans while en drab.It will take time.

Michaelasfun
04-16-2012, 04:55 PM
2. Open up to sombody you know personally, online or face to face..not done
4. Try on an item of clothing in store...check
5. Experiment with makeup...check
6. Go out fully en femme...check
7. Purchase an item of female clothing en femme...check
8. Try on an item of female clothing in store en femme...not done (#4 was a hat, I'm not counting that one)
9. Get help with makeup in store either en femme or in drab... not done, but would be great, I'd like to see what happens when someone who actually knows what they're doing applied it...:daydreaming:

Marleena
04-16-2012, 04:56 PM
I don't think this a competition or anything else or I would have opted out.:) Just my opinion.

Emilie_la_Nuit
04-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Forget to demakeup before sleeping after nightclub... Check!

divamissz
04-16-2012, 05:16 PM
This is more of a CD checklist than TS, so you might want to change the title.

1. Accept Yourself for who you are...Check
2. Open up to sombody you know personally, online or face to face...Both
3. Purchase an item of female clothing...Check, have a closet full
4. Try on an item of clothing in store (in drab)...Check
6. Go out fully en femme...Check
7. Purchase an item of female clothing en femme...Check
8. Try on an item of female clothing in store en femme...Check
9. Get help with makeup in store either en femme or in drab... Both

10. Use the ladies room...Check
11. Been to a restaurant en femme...Check
12. Been out with a group of transgendered people to a non-LGBT event...Check
13. Get a pedicure or manicure...Check
14. Spent time in another city en femme...Check
15. Traveled to another city by air, train or bus en femme...Not yet
16. Spent five days or more as your femme self continuously...Check
17. Been to a TG convention (Be All, Diva Las Vegas, Southern Comfort Conference, etc.)...Check

Ressie
04-16-2012, 09:40 PM
1. Accept Yourself for who you are... Is this final for everyone but me? Accepting myself as a crossdresser is in a state of flux.
2. Open up to sombody you know personally, online or face to face... Did that over 30 years ago
3. Purchase an item of female clothing...Did that over 30 years ago
4. Try on an item of clothing in store... any particular gender?
6. Go out fully en femme... No desire to
7. Purchase an item of female clothing en femme... see 6.
8. Try on an item of female clothing in store en femme... see 6.
9. Get help with makeup in store either en femme or in drab... No thanks. I get make up tips on youtube, see 1.

Chickhe
04-16-2012, 11:42 PM
Hey! Its a good list. I did them all and more, but its not a competition... you have to do what you have to do, I feel I'm a better person for having tried a lot, took too long to get there, but still.