PDA

View Full Version : How do you girls find balance?

yvette
04-11-2012, 04:08 AM
After years of supression i have decided to find my true self. At 46 now it will be time to explore. All my live i have watched the beautiful pictures of transgenderd woman and wish i was like them. Also did i read a lot of storys. This took me a lot of energy. This week i realised iam escaping real live. As a salesperson i work at home a lot of the time. This means that during my home working days i spent only time on the internet. This is not a healty habbit.
Have you girls any advice how to bring balance in my live?

STACY B
04-11-2012, 06:02 AM
Better get started cuz this is a long an whinding road got alot of makeup an clothes an shoe issues to hammer out an alot of shaving an plucking an groming , An shoping to do ,, What cha still reading this for ? GOOOOOO !

Kate Simmons
04-11-2012, 11:00 AM
You begin by accepting yourself and your feelings and making them your own. New vistas are opened to explore after that.:)

Karren H
04-11-2012, 11:11 AM
I'm married to "she who imparts balance"!!

terrianncd
04-11-2012, 11:31 AM
And soon you too will have a 1000 sq ft closet...

kimdl93
04-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Yvette, I'm not exactly sure which balance you're speaking of... Do you mean between time spent on the internet vs time spent working? If that's the question, its a matter of self discipline. I can easily lose track of time and spend hours on this site alone....so I have set a policy for myself - basically, I have certain tasks I assign myself, and I can't open this site until I've met my daily objectives.

Cheryl T
04-11-2012, 01:47 PM
To find balance in your life accept who you are and that this is part of that person.
Realize that this doesn't go away and that by allowing some expression of it in your life you will be more at peace.

As for a balance between work time and internet time...that's another issue all together. You must have the self-control to moderate your online time with respect to what needs to be done for work.

PretzelGirl
04-11-2012, 08:36 PM
To find balance as I see it, you must learn to give time to all things in life that need some. This means that you family time can't suffer, your work time can't suffer, and yes, your dressing time can't suffer. Each part of your life has to get its due and if you ignore it, you will pay the price in some form. So you don't want to set aside your dressing because it scares you where you are going. And you certainly can't let it overtake your life so other things get ignored.

The trick here is to limit those things that you think you might be doing too much of. It takes a conscious effort but it does reward you with a happy lifestyle. And as you go along, you will find out how much time is just right for each part of your life. This isn't a pie you are sharing with your kids where each slice has to be the same or they fight. It is life and each part of it can be a large part or a small part of your life. That is best exemplified here by the fact that some members can dress once a month or less and be happy while others don't feel right if they miss a weekend.

ME2.0
04-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Actually, I'm having trouble finding my balance again also. I was dressing about once or twice a week, but 2 months ago, my wife gave birth to my first child, a daughter. So I kind of took off the last two months because I was so busy with all the doctors and running around and taking care of a newborn that was a premie. Well, I have alot of epilating to do, some working on a schedule that will give me time to dress, etc. I can feel the need to get back to my routine and actually feel a little off since I'm not dressing. Kinda weird to feel odd while not dressing and normal when dressed. I guess you kind of flop your view of crossdressing when you've been doing it for a little while.

Best of luck. Use your emotions to guide you. If it feels right, it probably is. Let go of your judgements of what's weird and what isn't. I've had more fun playing with two versions of me (my screen name) than all of the guys at work that are stuck with themselves and think they can only be the boring guy that they are day after day. You'll find your balance, it's in you.

Staci

NathalieX66
04-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Yvette, Once you understand yourself, and what exactly you seek within yourself, you can find a way to manage it in your own life. That being said, it is not easy, but in the end, you find peace within yourself.
I'm close to the same age as you. It is a well known fact that most TG's that are completely self-accepting are over the age of 40. Why? Because when you're young, you are establishing your life, and making connections, romances, and building families, and establishing careers. Did you ever tell the girl you were madly in love with at age 23 that you like to wear dresses and express as female? Being a CD is not like being gay. A gay guy or girl already knows his/ her sexuality, and life goes from there. Transgender people are a rainbow of sexuality, with a good third to half in the heterosexual range. Bi's make up another solid chunk of the pie. Why do I know this? Because I participated in a study of transgender people conducted by Pamona College in California. The results are still unconclusive, and deserve crisicism and doubt, and rightly so, , but it highlights everything I've witnessed or experienced. In the end, we all are seeking the truth.

About 15 years ago, i was one of those who used to troll urnotalone.com, particularly the pre-op transsexuals, not because I was turned on by them, but because I saw a little bit of myself in them, and was amazed that they were actually living such a life.....but I nearly NEVER saw a transgender person of any kind in public. How can they exists?! Where are they?!
Then I found my channels....and then I met quite a few CD/TG/TS, and found my place. But the way i look at it is that being a crossdresser or transgender simply a journey, and you pick the path that suits you best. ....but it does take time to figure that out.

yvette
04-12-2012, 02:47 AM
Girls iam so happy that i start to talk. The answers you girls gave me help me a lot. Thank you very much for that. To be honest i like my work as accountmanager. I use many of my feminine skills in my work. But because i have difficultiess to accept my feelings i withdraw many times and want to be here an do nothing than reading your storys in drab. I write this text in my new bought female clothes. It feels nice to have them on. So a littele change has been made . Iam very interested in more balance perspectives and stories.
Hugs Yvette.