PDA

View Full Version : The ***** of Babylon

Stephanie Brooks
11-06-2005, 03:55 PM
That whom I saw last night. That's what she was called as she was walking to a church to do some peace work. Someone who was protesting against peace told her she was the ***** of Babylon. It's a funny world in which we live. More on her later.

But what do I know, huh? This last summer I was on a plane in a 2 hour ground stop with my daughter and someone sitting next to us trying to sell me Jesus. He claimed to be a retired professor of theology and he called me the Devil. No joke. Funny world. (Oh, Alice and I moved to the back of the plane in an empty row. It was the perfect lesson to her about never talking to strangers, even if you're a grownup.)

Anyway, last night was my monthly Stephanie Night Out, the weregirl was on the prowl, transforming from man to some vicious beast with a pretty dress, makeup, long hair, girly shape, girly underclothes, and a spritz of cologne. I say vicious beast because we can't have Stephanie here in our home. That thing must go outside. Away. Begone ye beast! Ye devil! Go to the other outcasts!

Fine. F&#* off.

The journey began at a Japanese restaurant next door to our little townhouse community. (It's Korean owned. Go figure.) While not savy in Japanese cuisine, I ordered something spicy from the menu. It turned out to be this wonderful dish. Imagine a large bowl with hot, steamed rice on the bottom, a layer of green salad in the middle (lettuce, bell peppers, noodles, sprouts), and chunks and strips of raw fish, roe, and other little delights on top. It was gorgeous and absolutely delicious. Hey, a monster's gotta eat, right? A little monster juice - cold Sake - complemented the meal.

Next was the road trip, a long 6 mile drive from Oakton to Tysons Corner. For those familiar with the area, I found a way to circumvent the mall traffic. I checked into the hotel, unloaded the car, and watched the television for a few minutes.

That done, I started the transformation. I scraped facial hair and disposed of it. Even after a day and a half, I had an impressive amount of growth; I looked like A Man. Next I took off a bit of chest hair around the neck area using a combination of beard trimmer and dry razor. Pads and underclothes came next, making me appear as this horrid beast. Then came the makeup - eyes first followed by foundation. As the dress was a fully opening button-up shirt dress, I didn't need to put it on before makeup. After the dress, the wig was brushed and donned. Final steps included blusher, lipstick, necklace, and pumps.

The monster. The beast. The devil. It was fitting as I would soon see the ***** of Babylon.

It was time to leave the hotel. I went out on the prowl, probably scaring innocents everywhere I went. My destination was a dark place where you could get coffee and listen to music. Horrors. I ordered a large coffee, and gave them my name for entry. "Steve" had paid the entry fee a few days earlier.

http://www.jamminjava.com/

Serious note: JamminJava is generally known to be a GLBT friendly place. It is also family friendly, and they have kids shows occasionally.

For 30 minutes I waited in my chair. Patiently. Then it started. The lead duo came out and played for about 30 minutes.

Soon came the ***** of Babylon, Carrie Newcomer. It's okay if you think of her as an angel, the kind of person who could draw out the best in most anyone. She's magical with a guitar, and her counterpart Gary Walters is excellent on keyboard. She's from Indiana, a Quaker, and generally writes and sings things with a religious theme. It's okay, she has a good message, even for someone who considers herself agnostic. Had the seat been more comfortable I could have listened to her much longer.

The concert ended, and it was time to leave. I walked past the line awaiting the next show, walked to the car, and entered. I was headed back to the priso... er, hotel.

For the next half hour or so I was glued to the mirror. This was what a monster looked like. Whoda thunk it? What I saw looked like someone trying her best to honor the best women, someone whom I could see as attractive and even sexy. The Devil. The Devil Meets the ***** of Babylon. Ha!

I didn't have the energy to take pictures; I was too drained. Didn't feel like it.

Eventually I transformed back to being A Man and came home today. The weregirl is gone for another cycle, only to terrorize again next month.

Sharon
11-06-2005, 04:10 PM
Gads, thanks for the warning, Steph!:eek:

It really is quite incredible -- isn't it? -- this whole Beauty and the Beast bit we go through? We sulk and do the things that need to be done, letting the hair emerge from our faces like Neanderthals, allowing our bellies to protrude over our belts, not giving a damn about what crappy clothing we put on, and then..., and then we hit the switch and morph into our other, more content selves, where we care about our appearance and how this appearance meshes with what can only be thought of as our soul.

Thanks for giving me a chuckle, Steph. As you can see, I can totally relate. :)

TGMarla
11-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Sounds like you had a great night out. That said, you'll burn in Hell, young err....lady! You should be ashamed of yourself! Does not the Holy Bible tell you to never do these things? You should have listened to that preacher on the plane. GOD SENT HIM TO YOU, AND YOU IGNORED HIM!! You will be judged somday, and ....and....hee hee! Hawwww! I just can't go on. Cracking up too bad.

Too bad you didn't get any pix. Sounds like you did yourself proud that night. Keep on rockin', g'friend!

Paula Rae
11-06-2005, 05:46 PM
Hey "Story Teller",

Your in the wrong profession Stephanie, you should be an writer? That was an excellent narration.

Thank you

Ricki B

Kim E
11-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Stephanie ~
Bravo !! I have never read such a outright hilarious description of a very serious situation.
Believe me, I can relate, but how you described this adventure, just blows my mind. My eyes are still teared up from laughing so hard. Sometimes out of frustration comes humor and you certainly have quite a sense of humor.
Thanks, it made my day.

Hugs ~ Kim

Missy Anne's GG
11-06-2005, 09:14 PM
Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for another well-written adventure story. It's great that you can deal with the negative vibes from home with humor.

It sounds like you wore a pretty dress this time and I bet you looked really classy.

You've got a good attitude -- hooray for you!

Hugs,

Missy Anne's GG

Khriss
11-06-2005, 09:16 PM
yup.. I feel the "angst" of..dressing to emulate my femminine ideals..is soo oppressed or depressed by general concensus or religious morays...(fear of rejection..by family or friends -job complications etc.).. I begin to feel lost and inadiquate...but "I am's what I am"..and still strive to learn to live without the guilt or anxiety,foist upon me eh?
- I'm grinning reading Stephanie's post... as She takes those steps forward ,enjoying her own personal happynesses..
" it takes what it takes" I've heard...and Thank's Steph.. btw!! "monsters "never have inspired me -(fright and flight perhaps-hehe )-
but You Do !!! ..yer sis... xx"K":thumbsup: :)

Stephanie Brooks
11-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Thank you very much everyone!!!!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I've attached a picture of the dress I wore. It's not me; it's a catalog pic. If you look at my profile pic - not my current avatar - you'll see how I looked when I wore it a number of months ago. As we're supposedly well into autumn (warm temperatures notwithstanding), I also wore a black cardigan (the one in the avatar). Going sleeveless this time of year is noticed, even when the temperatures are fine for it.

For those truly interested, the dress is almost all cotton and a few percent Lycra. The buttons are mother-of-pearl. I wore it buttoned down to the knees.

*BIG WARM HUGGLES* to everyone!

JulieNY
11-06-2005, 10:16 PM
I'm with Ricki, you've got the storyteller gift. Can't wait to hear more...

Laurie Ann
11-06-2005, 10:30 PM
A great story glad despite everything you had a good time. The aerewolf I'm sure looked very pretty.

Stephanie Brooks
11-06-2005, 10:33 PM
Thank you folks too!!!!!!!!!

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-07-2005, 12:04 AM
Good girls go to Heaven, bad girls go everywhere. ;) Looking forward to the next full moon.

Stephanie Brooks
11-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Thank you!!!!!

December is coming, mua ha ha!!!!!!!