PDA

View Full Version : What's your SO like?

TGMarla
11-06-2005, 04:31 PM
Hi again! Welcome to Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe. Today, I'm curious what your SO is like in relation to your crossdressing. A few of you know that whereas my wife is aware that I crossdress, she is not accepting, and we don't discuss it. Hopefully that will change in time, but for now it is what it is. Many of the lovely ladies here have come out to, or already have accepting spouses. That's really great! But there are also many of us in less fortunate situations. Where do you stand in this spectrum?

Andrea's Lynne
11-06-2005, 04:42 PM
She's an absolute WONDERFUL woman.........my best friend, confidante, beautiful bride, you name it. I didn't tell her about my CDing before we we're married............an act that I seriously regret.

She accepts who I am, but doesn't always understand my need to dress. I certainly don't fault her for that.....I don't understand it sometimes.

I am richly blessed to be married to her!

Lynne

_Janelle_
My wife just recently found out, and is suprisingly acceptive. So far she has bought me new undies, and offered to show me how to put on makeup!! Go figure. I haven''t taken her up on that ....yet! Since this is something sort of new for her to deal with, I am taking it slow and easy. But yes, she does accept it.

Janelle.

(BTW I had posted on the new member forum as CD4ME - I prefer my new username!)

Julie York
My SO is very beautiful (to me) outragiously kinky and totally accepting and encouraging of my fem side.........But she's imaginary and I haven't met her yet.

Does that count?:D

Katiegirl
11-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Live alone nowerdays so I can dress when I want too , which is now nearly everday after work.

:)

Mind of a woman, Body of a Man, Life is a Bitch

shea
11-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Hi again! Welcome to Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe. Today, I'm curious what your SO is like in relation to your crossdressing. A few of you know that whereas my wife is aware that I crossdress, she is not accepting, and we don't discuss it. Hopefully that will change in time, but for now it is what it is. Many of the lovely ladies here have come out to, or already have accepting spouses. That's really great! But there are also many of us in less fortunate situations. Where do you stand in this spectrum?

Marla, don't worry, I think when times goes by, you're wife will start to accept your dressing supporting slowly. I wish I had a GG who accepts CD, but not yet I guess, ;)

Sharon
11-06-2005, 04:55 PM
Julie York's SO must be a woman of low character. She's my SO also!:eek:

Lauren_T
11-06-2005, 04:56 PM
My SO has one horrid, insufferable shortcoming... despite my best efforts to straighten her out, she persists in being nonexistent! :)

I will say this for her, though... at least she's gorgeous! :p

Amelie
11-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Single, live with accepting other

swiss_susan
11-06-2005, 05:04 PM
But I have never had an SO who really knew about Susan.

Susan

Vivian Best
11-06-2005, 05:11 PM
Well, I couldn't find the exact catagory on the poll. My wife of forty six years knows and tolerates. That certainly does not mean acceptance. I'm still working toward that as a goal.

Vivian:rose2:

Billijo49504
11-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Mine has helped me pick out clothes. She has taught me to do my makeup. She is my very best friend and shopping partner. And she has been putting up with me for 21 years this Wednesday. And I love her very much. Bet you couldn't guess..BJ

Adrianne
11-06-2005, 07:11 PM
I said i was single and living alone, My girlfriend is far away at the moment.

Wendy me
11-06-2005, 07:18 PM
well ok i am somewere in between she knows and while not fully accpeting....
she is not quite not accpeting .....

Mary Jane
11-06-2005, 07:51 PM
My wife has known for the five + years I have been dressing fully but is not accepting of it. Tolerant is the word. AND, I don't see things getting any better since she refuses to discuss it. Things are fine between us otherwise.

Mary Jane

Jenny Beth
11-06-2005, 08:50 PM
My wife is both accepting and supportive. Having been out about this with her for almost 25 years it is a non issue.

andreaboots
11-06-2005, 11:42 PM
My dear and lovely and always exciting SO knows and knew from the beginning. She is very supportive and now wants to do make-up techniques qith me. We go shopping for Andrea every now and then and have a great humorous time doing it. We have been together as a couple for only a short period,(11 months) but knew of my Cd'ing for two years prior:thumbsup: . It has been a wonderful journey thus far and recently by joining the CD forums it has only gotten better!!!!!:jumping: :dance: :<3: :twirl:

Mona
11-07-2005, 12:04 AM
Divorced, ex didn't know Mona and wouldn't have accepted her. An accepting SO, either GG or CD someday maybe.

Shannon
11-07-2005, 12:13 AM
Single (Divorced) living alone. My ex never accepted my CrossDressing. We "experimented" once with it early on, before we got married, but she didn't accept it, so I kept it hidden from her for 24 years. She "found out" on a couple of occassions (yeah, a lot of denial on her part).

Abby Lauren
11-07-2005, 01:05 AM
My wife has been evolving in her relationship with my TG'ism. While not yet accepting, she very much tolerates it and has been increasingly helpful to me- eg. she goes shopping with me, has given me tons of makeup, clothes and jewelry, and even just made me a bracelet!! She has seen me live but, at present, doesn't want to see me again. When I asked her to go to a CD meeting, she didn't say "no", just "not yet". She had started out in total denial- not having mentioned it to me for 10 years after I first came out to her.
I mention all of this because I have seen that a loving relationship can help a woman evolve in her acceptance. So gals, don't give up on your wife even if things at first look bad.
Hugs,
Abby

Stephanie
11-07-2005, 01:22 AM
As I've posted before, my wife is generally quite accepting of my crossdressing even to the point of taking it into the bedroom occasionally. She also helps me with makeup and gets me some clothes now and then. The only major glitch is that she is insistent on participating in my crossdressing to the point that she wants to be present whenever I put just about ANY feminine item (including panties and even some feminine-looking boxers that she gave me!) on. She is o.k. with me putting on my khakis, jeans, or turtlenecks by myself (Thank God!) but she wants to be there for everything else. It's kind of a strange situation to be sure and sometimes it does annoy me somewhat but on the other hand, I suppose that if this is what she needs to help make her feel more comfortable with my crossdressing (at least for now), then I'd rather do what I can to make her feel comfortable and become more accepting of my crossdressing.

melissacd
11-07-2005, 01:49 AM
Not accepting, never even tried to understand...what more is there to say that I have not already said before...

oztallulah
11-07-2005, 01:58 AM
I have been seperated from my 'family' for 4 years now, and obviously not accepted by that SO, ever. But, I have renewed a love from 30 odd years ago. The lady is from UK, and she accepts me totally. She helps me dress, make up, and go shopping. It is like, well, having never been there, but I would imagine 'Heaven' could be the word I am looking for. This lady is wonderful, and gorgeous to boot.

cdaleli
11-07-2005, 02:00 AM
My SO knew way back when we were dating... on our second date I told her about my CDing. I remember her crying and telling me that she loved me, we got married two years after that, and have now been married for 5 years. Though she is accepting, it is difficult for her to understand. She really doesn't get why and has recently seeked help on the internet; and has not found what she is looking for. So far she feels very discouraged, as she has found more divorces than hopes for lasting marriages.

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-07-2005, 02:10 AM
Single, live alone. So I can generally dress when I want. But I actually don't dress all the time -- and when I do dress a lot, I tend to get satiated and lose interest for a while.

Julie
11-07-2005, 02:55 AM
When I was married she knew. I told her before we were even engaged. She was tolerant at times, other times she seemed she just didn't want to talk about it. I really never knew where she was until I brought it up.

She claimed to be accepting but her actions at times said not. There was times she would help me with makeup or take the kids to her mom's so I could have a dress up weekend. But there was also times I needed to talk about it and would carefully bring it up and she'd change the subject. It was very confusing. :confused:

I had suggested she join SPICE or come to Tri-Ess meetings to learn more but she wasn't comfortable with that. Later I invited her to join me when I went out dressed but she wasn't ready to do that yet. I tried to help her come to know this part of me better but she never showed any desire. In the long run it kept us from growing closer and added to our finally distancing ourselves from each other to the point of no return. :(

Kera_dove
11-07-2005, 03:04 AM
My SO found out when we started talking. She was a little confused with it but otherwise accepting.

I'm now a full time cd'er ((All accept a drab shirt to cover up)) and I couldnt be happier. I wouldn't trade her for the world. :be:

Foxy Lady
11-07-2005, 05:00 AM
My wife accepts and helpswith the details.

RachelDenise
11-07-2005, 05:54 AM
Maria, I think you already wrote my reply. Married, knows, doesn't accept, no talking.......

Veronica E. Scott
11-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Don't ask don't tell totally nonexceptable, she has kicked me out of the big bed so I don't know what is next will be married for 40 years this comming April if it lasts that long. If only.
she used to do my hair and stuff back in the 70s but the kids were getting older and she asked me to put it away so I did for a long time guess what IT IS BACK and loving it. MY signature sais it all.

Claire B
11-07-2005, 12:34 PM
My wife is accepting of my need to be feminine. Even though she doesn't much care for it. Her biggest statement is: let me accept in the time that I need: She knows that I dress as Claire on Monday's, like today. While she was recouping from her surgery (4 month worth) She actually told me to take time and be Claire for the day. I am thankful for her support in her own way.

Hugs, Claire

Joanne08
11-07-2005, 01:19 PM
My wife does not know that I like to fully crossdress. She is aware that I have done so in the past and that I like to wear a womens robe and slippers around the house. She is also aware that I have a feminine side and enjoy being pampered at times, but she also equivocates crossdressers as homosexuals and wouldn't want her husband to turn out to be gay. I am working towards changing her attitude and will one day completely come out to her. I hope to have this a positive situation of acceptance.

I voted Married, SO doesn't know.

Love, Jo

Heather Daniels
11-07-2005, 01:51 PM
I'm really not sure how to answer this one. My wife lets me wear lingerie in bed (she's even bought me a few things), but I've never come out completely to her. I honestly don't know if she knows that my dressing goes beyond the occasional teddy and nylons in bed routine. There was a time that I thought she would never tolerate any sort of crossdressing, but I'm not so sure anymore. She sometimes makes little remarks about dressing, but nothing directly aimed at me. She will smile when something about cd'ing comes on the tv. I honestly think that she thinks it's cute.It would be such a relief if I could come out to her, but I just don't know. :confused:

Rikki
11-11-2005, 01:57 AM
My wife has known since we first got together, 25 plus years, and she has been very supportive. We often shop together and she buys things for me. I would have to say that she is accepting.

Rikki

DawnRodgers
11-11-2005, 02:19 AM
When I am dressed she will have very little to do with me and definitely nothing intimate. She says it's too much like being a lesbian, Says she never had any leanings toward having any intimacies with another woman.
Don't know whether that was good or bad. Does thqt mean I look very passable? I like to think so. But I'm also willing to be a lesbian too.
Dawn

Michelle Hart
11-11-2005, 02:42 AM
My GG is very suportive. We have no secrets from each other

( No really, yes I'm sure, no we tell each other everything, yes everything)

there are time she want's her MAN around but as long as I split the time out she has no problem with it, except stockings in bed. Drives her crazy go figure. So as long as I don't overwhelm her with it she is fine.

It took her a while to adjust to it so I was carful to go slowly and not overdo it which I think is the key. For the past few days I've been totally drab. Things to do and such but tonight I dressed up and am thinking of going out tomorrow en femme.

It's all about moderation, GG's want a man in thier life. They will tolerate a girlfried if she is'nt to pushy.

Kim E
11-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Hi Marla ~
I voted single (longtime divorced, she knew I was TG) and live alone. Have no-one in my life and am happy with that right now. Close friends know and are accepting.

Hugs ~ Kim

rachel_jean
11-11-2005, 09:00 PM
My wife is also somewhere between tolerating and accepting, but, I believe (hope) she is leaning more towards acceptance.

One deal we have is if I/we buy something for Rachel, I/we buy something for her. The weekend before last, a local dept store had shoes & boots half off, so we both bought ourselves new boots, same style different colors. Works for me ;)

Rachel Jean

Katrina
11-11-2005, 11:22 PM
I voted single and living with accepting other. She is mostly ok with my CDing, but like others have said, sometimes she just needs a man. So our compromise is that I am a guy all weekend and I can do what I want during the week. Obviously since I'm not out at work, I don't show up in a skirt and heels but I do wear womens pants (khakis/jeans/dress pants) and women's loafers without much heel.

size7satin
11-11-2005, 11:36 PM
I fall under the single but not the alone I have my kids :) . When she was alive she didn't really accept cd'ing.

Dayna
11-12-2005, 02:55 PM
My SO is my wife, and we are more deeply in love today than we were when we married 16yrs ago. She is beautiful, funny, and wonderful mother. She is passionate, sensual, and I am sure there are many who envy our relationship.

She knows about 'Dayna'--even does her laundry when I don't--but prefers that I keep that side of me to myself (sigh...)

Guess we can't have everything, so I have learned to enjoy what I do have (and if that changes for the better next week, next year, or 10yrs from now, so be it!)

vicky V
11-12-2005, 03:18 PM
My wife has been extremely supportive of my feminine inclinations. She is good looking, smart, and sensitive. We both feel that life is to short to have articles of clothing come in between love and devotion.

love,

vicky v

barbaralynn
11-12-2005, 04:28 PM
I have a very lovely wife that knows about Barbara and things are great with her. We shop together and sometimes she will get clothing for me that she thinks I will like. I cannot pass so all of my activities stay in our home. I feel sad when I read some of the threads about how some of you don't have understanding so's that can't or won't help you in the way you want to dress. Believe me it is the ultimate to have such an understanding wife and I love her more each day.

Robingirl
11-12-2005, 04:40 PM
My wife knew about it before we were maried and thought it would go away,which it kind of did for about 20 years. About 8 years ago (mid-life crises?) i started getting interested again and this year for the first time i met another girl (twice!) My wife just ignores it as much as possible and in an otherwise good,strong marriage i can accept that from her.I would of course love for her to be involved in a positive way. Thanks for listening, Robin