PDA

View Full Version : Lonely Hearts Club

Genevieve G
11-06-2005, 05:47 PM
How many other girls have an "unsupportive" spouse? By unsupportive, I mean that your significant other disdains the CD aspect of your personality. I have one & it's really isolating. I've found comfort and support through this website, which is 100% wonderful, but it's very hard to go through the day-to-day mundanness (sp) of life without either thinking about or actually dressing. My spouse knows very little (not my choice), but is active in criticizing my dressing choices. It's just very frustrating. The reason I told her in the first place is because I felt that I always kept her at arms length in our relationship--which was very isolating in the first place. Since I've come out, it's become even more so. My reply to her when she asked me why I waited so long to tell her was: "When was the right time, after our first date, on our wedding night, after our first child was born?" There never seemed to be a "right" time. I just feel isolated. From some of the posts that I've seen, it seems like there are some really supportive spouses out there. How can I turn the tide in my favor and can it be done?

There are many, many reasons I crossdress, but a couple of the main ones--if these make any sense, are that 1.) a lot of times I want to be a woman (I'm sure a lot of you can identify with that one). 2.) I don't like typical males things, such as the idea of a good joke is to fart in someone's office and then walk out. 3.) I just feel more "whole and natural." I'm sorry for all the parenthetical and quoted statements. No more. Just looking to feel the love, I guess. Crossdressing is a very important part of my life. Granted, it's not the only thread in the blanket, but it's still very important to me. I just wish I could have more support. I want my cake and to be able to eat it too!!

Thanks everyone for being here!! I could kiss you all.

Tina.

cyndyw
11-06-2005, 05:56 PM
My significant other would not let me go out at Halloween in a dress and heels. I wanted to go to a beauty shop and have a manicure with polish and a make-up application.

She realizes my crossdressing urges will not go away and puts up with me crossdressing at home but no way will she let me go out crossdressed without significant reprocautions. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Billijo49504
11-06-2005, 06:23 PM
When I was coming out of the shower this morning, my wife was in the dresser getting out underclothes, she asked me what color panties and bra I was wearing today. My sweater was from Fashion Bug, my cords were from Lane Bryant and the loafers were from Avenue. We went out to eat today at noon. I guess that makes her supportive. But I let her know from the start. I don't like keeping secrets from each other. But that's in our life, your mileage might vary.

Mary Jane
11-06-2005, 08:08 PM
Tina,

My situations is very much like yours. I am envious of all the ones with such good, supportive partners. I am very happy for them at the same time. I hope they know how lucky they are and show their appreciation daily for such wonderful partners. I just wanted you to know that there are others like you here. We will just have to hope for the best.

Mary Jane