PDA

View Full Version : First hair salon styling

Phoebe
04-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Today I went for my first hair salon styling. Up until now have been having 'boys' hair style since a child ;) Posted on City of Lakes Crossgender Community listserv for recommendations for a hair style salon. Three recommendations were posted. One was twenty five miles from my location, one in downtown St Paul and one also in St Paul's 'midway' district. I went to the midway salon as it was close to where I grew up until leaving my parents home at eighteen. The salon is called Up Front Salon. The owner Connie Scholtes was very nice and styled my hair today.

Link to photo that Connie was kind enough to take with my camera: http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n594/Janet_CD/Hairdo05-64_14_2012.jpg

Brigid
04-14-2012, 05:19 PM
Janet nice looking hair style. Love the blouse.

Launa
04-14-2012, 06:49 PM
That's awesome, I want to get a good human hair wig and go to the salon for some styling. Tell me are you sitting in the chair with other customers and stylists around you? Most wig shops I have been to make private appointments only and its like 5 mins in and then you're out of there :(

Michaelasfun
04-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Looks good! Wish I had your courage to go to the salon myself, still working up to that.

Phoebe
04-15-2012, 10:11 AM
That's awesome, I want to get a good human hair wig and go to the salon for some styling. Tell me are you sitting in the chair with other customers and stylists around you? Most wig shops I have been to make private appointments only and its like 5 mins in and then you're out of there :(
There were other women in the shop and stylist while having my hair styled. No problem, doesn't bother me a bit :)