PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I shouldn't be here...

GBJoker
04-15-2012, 04:04 PM
I really do.

Every one seems to have things going on and are doing random junk to either advance their interests/lives concerning CD'ing, TG, or TS. Buying new clothes once a month, or going out on adventures with friends and so forth. People are making friends and having random conversations on here about whatever pops to the top of their heads.

Meanwhile, I'm still in the basement trying to figure out what exactly happened to make every one's life seem so perfect and happy, while I'm... blah'ing it up. I feel like I'm learning nothing here except a constant and repeated, "Go see a therapist, (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Anvilicious) and stop buggine me." Simultaneously, I've nothing to offer. I don't know how to do hair, or make up, or nails. And obviously, I can't compliment people at all about how they look (there seems to be a tendency to take what I say the wrong way, or to not comprehend what I'm attempting to say).

I dunno anymore. I just feel sad and depressed whenever the subject of transgenderism comes up lately, and I'm beginning to wonder if either I'm doing some thing wrong, or missing something here, or what. I'm trying to be nice and all to every one who responds directly to any post I make, but clearly, nothing is working.

Kate Simmons
04-15-2012, 04:09 PM
The secret my friend is to just be yourself and enjoy who you are, appearance notwithstanding.:)

NathalieX66
04-15-2012, 04:28 PM
The secret my friend is to just be yourself and enjoy who you are, appearance notwithstanding.:)

I agree with Kate.

Life is a journey, and we take the road that suits us best. We are all in a different place, metaphorically speaking. I do not judge others by their looks, situation, or whatever. This is NOT a contest of who can pass the most, or goes out the most. This is about finding our own happiness. We all have to make compromises of what we can accept or achieve, every single one of us does. It's up to us ourselves to accept those compromises.

Lorileah
04-15-2012, 04:28 PM
First understand that the majority who are members here are not doing all the things you read. The people who post are most likely at each end spectrum. The highs and the lows get posted. Most people are in the center like you, wondering, reading, maybe hoping.

Next very few have it figured out. It may look that way but we are tap dancing as fast as we can also. That is the way of life in general. Many times those who try and make you believe they have it figured out are all using smoke and mirrors. There are no true answers to any of this.

The go see a therapist thing I think is over used. Having gone that route once for a different issue, I found that other than having someone to bounce things off of, it was a waste. Especially when they asked what I wanted them to do. Some people will use this, others figure it out for themselves. You do what you need to do.

Make up, hair, walking, whatever is overrated also. When you try and fit a box, you often end up getting frustrated. Most of these things can be overcome with hard work and practice. But when you do get that then what? Life doesn't become rainbows and unicorns.

I know it is frustrating. Some days it seems nothing makes sense. You do have a place to go...here. Vent, rant, rave. We are all in this boat together. But know you are not alone, you are very much like the rest of us. And some day you wuill b posting about something wonderful that happened to you

Kristy_K
04-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Accepting yourself is probably one of the hardest thing for some people to do. A good therapist can help some people do that.

jazmine
04-15-2012, 04:46 PM
to hell with what everyone else is doing. Be yourself, and do what makes YOU happy. Set little personal goals on things you want to do. Then work toward them. But.... I kinda know what you mean. I feel that sometimes too. There are a lot of girls on here that i'm like...."ah man, i wish i could look that good"....or "Gee, I wish I was doing that kinda stuff". Hell, i just stopped lying to myself not too long ago, that I wish I was actually a genetic girl. I finally somehow reached a place that I am happy. I may have become to fond of my guyside to kill him off now, & I might not be living it up like a lot of the girls here, or looking as good. ....but there's nothing that says I have to be at an actual, physical "point", or "place" to enjoy, feel-like & be that beautiful girl. I walk this rock actually considering myself a woman now, that has to present as a guy a lot of times. Yeah, it's hard to goto weddings & formal events and see actual genetic girls in all their beauty and pretty dresses..........but it sure is inspiring. Plus that guyside of me is pretty cool.

NathalieX66
04-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Oh....and
Smoking kills 5.4 million people a year worldwide, crossdressing kills zero.

That was my old signature, btw. :battingeyelashes:

Barbara Ella
04-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Hey GB, guess what? You have discovered the reason for having this forum, and for you joining. You just got on, had to vent on some personal stuff, and you did it. You expressed some internal feelings, and you communicated them to others and you have elicited some responses. That is what it is all about. So just do it again.

I hope you really really read them and take them to heart. Very few here are living la loca vida you describe. I certainly am not. I would venture that you have more time in grade as a cross dresser than I do. I think perhaps I am just frantically running so fast to stay ahead of my troubled mind that I am trying anything and everything, and I have less time left to find out who I am. You are in that process now, and just hitting a slow spot. I was there this past week, and trying to get past it this weekend. No desire to dress whatsoever, so yes, a bit depressed compared to the week before. So I will just get from day to day and see what develops. Time is on our side, and i expect to be enjoying a skirt, hose and heels again.

There is no reason you should not be here. You are a cross dresser. you wear women's clothing. You are concerned about your place in life. You have things to learn, but we all do, and knowledge will not come overnight. Just reach out and grab some, look at the videos, and just begin to do it, fail, get up and do it again, fail, get up and do it again, and get better each time. Most of the fun I have had comes from the many times i did something but no one saw it but me. Some I liked, some I didn't, but these things were something I did, me, mine. And with time I found a few i could share, many I would never share.

Just jump in and have fun with it and dont expect to be joining the uppercrust of over achievers so soon (and I say/mean this in a most friendly way girls. I do admire what you do, and am attempting to become one also). These girls are just doing what they feel. That is all you or I or anyone can do, and everyone should be applauded when they do what they feel.

Keep doing what you feel.

Barbara

SoMuchToLearn
04-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Great advice Lorileah

MonicaJean
04-15-2012, 05:39 PM
First understand that the majority who are members here are not doing all the things you read. The people who post are most likely at each end spectrum. The highs and the lows get posted. Most people are in the center like you, wondering, reading, maybe hoping.

Next very few have it figured out. It may look that way but we are tap dancing as fast as we can also. That is the way of life in general. Many times those who try and make you believe they have it figured out are all using smoke and mirrors. There are no true answers to any of this.

The go see a therapist thing I think is over used. Having gone that route once for a different issue, I found that other than having someone to bounce things off of, it was a waste. Especially when they asked what I wanted them to do. Some people will use this, others figure it out for themselves. You do what you need to do.

Make up, hair, walking, whatever is overrated also. When you try and fit a box, you often end up getting frustrated. Most of these things can be overcome with hard work and practice. But when you do get that then what? Life doesn't become rainbows and unicorns.

I know it is frustrating. Some days it seems nothing makes sense. You do have a place to go...here. Vent, rant, rave. We are all in this boat together. But know you are not alone, you are very much like the rest of us. And some day you wuill b posting about something wonderful that happened to you

I couldn't agree more. Reply of the year!!

Some of us only get the chance to dress up in *anything* but a time or two per year. If that. It's frustrating yes. Part of the journey....

Kate Simmons
04-15-2012, 05:39 PM
Just to add one more thing, the more we learn about ourselves and go with the flow of feelings, the more adventures we will have.We are just people after all, nothing more or less and we are here to learn.:)

ronda
04-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Joker i have been on this site since 2005 there is a lot said about what other have done or are going to do but every now and then someone will say something that helps me understand my self a little more but if you think that will happen everyday sorry not happening so advice is keep reading and every now and then you will find something that helps. we all have been where you are and some of us will be back ther again when our life changes because the only that you can count on is that all things will and do change like it or not that is life so hang in there

Marleena
04-15-2012, 05:44 PM
@ Joker I'm a little puzzled why you feel you don't belong. You are CD, right? The topics you'll see are just part of being a CD or TG.

If you explain where you're at on the scale it might make more sense.:)

Maria 60
04-15-2012, 06:37 PM
I am no expert but it seems like we are in the same world but fighting our own wars. I read about who go's out all dressed and passable, meeting other cders and i know i can never pass and think how lucky they are. Then i read about the cders who are totally hidden from there wife's and i feel lucky that i have someone to share this with and to shop with. Even in our male life's we have our ups and downs and we always figure our way out. You are a crossdresser and you do belong here!

Gaby2
04-15-2012, 06:50 PM
I'm glad you're here, GBJoker. :hugs:Gaby

Kaz
04-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Hey Joker (love the handle), "life is a beach and then you die" (sorry if I upset anyone with this - PM me, don't blast the thread)... Yeah, I have a great life, tell me about it!

I am a mess... most people here are too... just like you. The thing is that we believe in oursleves because we are a community of like minded, if diverse, individuals. Hang in here and post... you will make friends (and probably enemies)... but it is a great place to be if you are CD.

Inna
04-15-2012, 07:31 PM
I dunno anymore. I just feel sad and depressed whenever the subject of transgenderism comes up lately, and I'm beginning to wonder if either I'm doing some thing wrong, or missing something here, or what. I'm trying to be nice and all to every one who responds directly to any post I make, but clearly, nothing is working.

Hi Hon, I am sorry you don't see the resolution in sight, but I also want you to know that no such resolution presents it self to transgender person at an onset. For most it takes a life time of regretful denial and forced conformity. Only when pain is merely unbearable we make a decision to let the chips fall where they may. One of the hardest decisions to make in life, no doubt, decision to finish one life and begin another. I am not talking about Crossdressing, one can crossdress and forever remain a man in a skirt, thinking like man, feeling like man, and only seeing him self as a woman in fantasy world. There are those who choose despite their internal struggle to remain acting and living out mans lives, even though they truly feel as a woman within, they do these for family, loved ones, job, ect. But then there is a threshold only some will cross, and most wont, a threshold to internal equilibrium, that of a woman within being able to experience life in its fullest in flesh and bone.

WHY THERAPY?

Transgender therapy is vital to establish exactly what you are after, to have an understanding of your internal values and mechanism which makes for your gender dysphoria, which by the way, You Do Have!
But these processes are not visible to the conscious mind and reside in subconscious, not a place one can visit with ease. And the therapy I suggest is not a any therapist but very specific to Transgender issues.

I write here not because I am brushing you off, I have come here on my own, and I do hear the anguish in your writing, I do want to help, but what I can offer is words, that's all, and you need way more then that. All my love hon, and get your Bu.. to the therapist on the double, lol......:)

elizabethamy
04-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Some people have it figured out (sothey say or think) and some of us are struggling, swimming against the current, trying to balance our quests for self-knowledge with the depressing onslaught of daily life. Therapy helps but it isn't magic. Being here, reading, contributing -- to me, that really helps. Sometimes I'm not "doing" anything but I feel I am moving forward. To where, to which gender, to what degree? I don't know a lot of the time. But this is a safe place, an honest place, a helpful place. Be welcome here, however you feel.

elizabethamy

BLUE ORCHID
04-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Hin Joker, Nobody ever said that being a lady was going to be easy drop
the feeling sorry for yourself attitude and enjoy the special gift that you have.

Wonderwho
04-15-2012, 08:09 PM
This is the guy side, slide back the frustration and ride the thought that you May be a little different, we all are. This is the female side relax, there is no right way to think that will get you into the next day. You will face a lot of weird feelings for the rest of your life. There is no right or wrong way to view your life. What you feel is hard to put into words but many of us have been thru every feeling there is. Stay here for a while, look around and go back to some old posts, there is so much to learn here. Not everything will help you but no matter how bad or confused you are there is someone here that has been there before, you are not alone.
Some of us are working so hard to exist that it is hard to be a CDer and live also. You will get old and you will die someday but untill then live like you mean it, love everday and wear what ever makes you feel good!!!!!!
Wonderwho
PS You think you have problems, look at my name.LOL

Edyta_C
04-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Please don't give up. We are all at different points in the TG spectrum. I learned a lot about myself from reading the others posts and joining in sometimes. While the advice of seeing a therapist might help you at a different point in your journey. If you're a CD then mostly the problems dealing with secrecy and guilt. You may be able to deal with that yourself. If you are further toward TS, then a therapist might be of help, but not until you are ready. Be yourself. Enjoy the posts you like and ignore ones of less interest. But I wouldn't leave, give it some time.

Edy

PretzelGirl
04-15-2012, 09:51 PM
There is a reason why everyone is here.... to learn something. One of the things that is good for perspective is to realize that each and every one of us is in a continuous learning cycle. I know I take away things here on a daily basis. It is what makes it such a great place. And there is no one that can tell you the pace that you should be absorbing things. We are all living life differently with different goals. So hang around and learn bits and pieces when you are ready and when you want to. It will all come.

Cheryl T
04-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Your profile says you are a student so I will "presume" that you are young.
Believe me when I say that at a young age there were few of us that were skilled in the arts necessary to complete a look that made us confident enough to venture into the world as women. All of the things needed are learned and as a student you should be aware that people learn at differing rates.
Many of us took decades to reach the point we are at now. For those younger ladies who have had the internet all their lives the learning curve has been much faster as there has been a wealth of information available to them quickly and easily.

Our lives are far from perfect. What you see in that direction is what was fought for and won, sometimes at a high price. Some were lucky enough to have great support at home, others lost everything trying to be who they are without being scorned. We have all struggled with this aspect of ourselves and it hasn't been easy no matter what anyone says. Though we try to escape it, this is who we are, not what we do. The guilt and the shame is a common theme amongst us. Those of us that are happy with ourselves and content with our lives have come to terms with that struggle and realize that without blending ALL portions of our being we can never be happy.

Some may require more help than others and for them perhaps a therapist is a good fit. For others such as myself, I just needed the support and understanding of my very loving spouse. There is no one cure all. Just realize that you are not alone in this. There are MANY of us and we are all in this together.

Tina B.
04-16-2012, 08:48 AM
Joker, you have to lighten up! You don't fit in, I don't fit in, no one does, to fit, there has to be a proper size, and we don't have one, this place is one size fits all! Don't knew about make up, there is a section for that, and it's just a matter of practice. Getting out and having adventures, there is as many or more of us that are in the closet than out of it. and really complementing someone is not that hard if you think about it. More than anything Else's, I see this place as a social place, so just read along, until you feel you want to say something, then jump in, the worst that can happen is someone might disagree, but then others, will agree with you, the longer you are here, and the more you join in, the more people will get to know you, and be able to relate to you.
Stick with us! And I don't want to see a therapest either, sandra. Joker, if you wear womens clothing, or even want to, you do belong here.
Tina B.

Diane Elizabeth
04-16-2012, 08:58 AM
Go at your own pace. It took me 50 years to find this place. I was lost for years and didn't know who or what I am. I am still learning. So do like everyone else and be yourself.

Contessa
04-16-2012, 10:14 AM
GBJ how can you say this, how can you keep telling everyone the same as my story. I come on this forum and read and I say why do they keep saying what I said or was going to say. I go to my group meeting and everyone is saying things I was going to say. You know I can do my own makeup and wig. I do have a style of dress and clothes I like to wear, the way I want to look. You know why I am doing and saying and thinking all this " because I belong here" Everyone here is pretty much like me, or I like them. I understand pretty much everything they say. Almost none here look like me, that is the same as in the TG group I go to except they are all just like me. What I feel is going on with you is that you have found home. I knew it when I got here too. You will probably find it hard to relax, for a while but then soon you know you will be saying " I know what you mean or I was going to say that. That is what is going on with the rest of us. We just know now to sit back and enjoy the ride. This place is home relax put your feet up and stay awhile sorry if there is no beer in the fridge or something stronger in the cabinet. But there is coffee and creamer and sugar if you like and plenty of conversation for whatever ails you. This is why I try to look at the humor in all this sometime or else you become frustrated and try to go somewhere else when you know you belong here. I tried to go to a different forum, but I couldn't handle the different people. Seems some still have the sexual interest in this kind of stuff. I know this sounds crazy but I love these people their my family so to speak. So I came back home. Now I have gone off on a whatever. I need PM's too. Let's talk about crossdressing! (Smile)

Sorry if its too long

Tess

Krististeph
04-16-2012, 10:15 AM
I really do.

Every one seems to have things going on and are doing random junk to either advance their interests/lives concerning CD'ing, TG, or TS.

Meanwhile, I'm still in the basement trying to figure out what exactly happened to make every one's life seem so perfect and happy, while I'm...

I can't compliment people at all about how they look (there seems to be a tendency to take what I say the wrong way, or to not comprehend what I'm attempting to say).

1 Our lives are not perfect- no one person's is.
2 Most of the messages are from people who only get to enjoy this side of themselves for a limited amount of time. It's much more fun talking about the good stuff- but beleive me, we all feel pain or anguish as to CD o TG, albeit some more than others.
3 Talking, chatting helps.
4 Communication is hard, it takes practice.
A) Try this: reply to a message, but not directly in the forum, write it out in a word document. Print it out (gives it more strength/validity), and compare it to the other replies. Does it at least somewhat fit in?
B) Send a private message to someone who liked one of your posts, thank them, and ask them to 'friend' request to you. Accept the friend invite, and ask if you can use them to look at your reply before posting.

Karren H
04-16-2012, 10:30 AM
if my life were so frigging perfect I sure as hell wouldn't be here. Lol. If you don't enjoy being here than go find somewhere else...

Jessica86
04-16-2012, 10:32 AM
That's the issue. No two persons think alike. That is SO true for us. Everyone has their reasons to be here. Some want to have fun, some need help, and some want to help. Just because you "feel" like you don't fit, means that you do! We all feel out of place, or else there would be no closeted dressers. I am always feeling down about who I am and what I do. It's something I want answers to, but know I will never get. Until then, why not just indulge in it, and be who you are?

docrobbysherry
04-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Joker, after reading your post I'd say u know exactly how to use this site! And, that means u belong here! Just remember MY 2 cents:

Don't expect too much from this site! For me, it's a valuable source of information, motivation, inspiration, and entertainment. However, my REAL CD world is like the vanilla one I live in every day. If I want something REAL to happen in it, I must DO IT MYSELF! And, so must u!

Janelle_C
04-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Life is what you make it. I was a little like you be fore I fond this site. I didn't know how to do my makeup and I thought I was alone in my crossdressing. Then I fond this site and OMG:eek:there are others like me lol. Have you thought about seeing a therapist, I started seeing a gender therapist and it's helped me a lot. It's so great to be able to talk to someone about my feelings.
Janelle

Foxglove
04-16-2012, 12:24 PM
I am a mess... most people here are too... just like you.

Kaz, please speak for yourself. I'm not a mess. I've got lots of work to do before I get to that point.

Meanwhile, I'm still in the basement trying to figure out what exactly happened to make every one's life seem so perfect and happy. . .

Uh, no. Not everyone's life is perfect and happy. Mine's not, and I get the impression that one or two other members have their little problems.

I don't know how to do hair, or make up, or nails.

Things like that can be learned--or resolved in other ways. E.g., I myself don't worry about my hair. Just put on the wig, brush it out, and it looks OK to me. I might do better some day, but it's OK for now.

Nails--I think I've polished mine four times now, and they're looking better each time.

Make-up--just starting on that, and it seems pretty daunting. But if the GG's can get the hang of it, so can we because we're as smart as they are--although I don't think you're allowed to say that on this forum, so if you're not, I didn't.

Joker, it sounds to me like you need to decide what you want. It's not easy, and it may take you a while. Overall, that's exactly the problem I'm having. I'm not at all sure where I want to go right now. But you have to be patient. You don't get your thoughts and feelings sorted out overnight. Take it step by step. Find out what makes you happy and what doesn't, and that will give you some clues. This is what I'm trying to do. Maybe it'll work for me, and maybe it'll work for you.

Best wishes, Annabelle

Ari333
04-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Accepting yourself is probably one of the hardest thing for some people to do. A good therapist can help some people do that.
thats great advice, its not about what everyone else has going on hon, this is YOUR life! I'm sure you also see plenty of posts from those of us trying to figure it out too, we've all been there and many still are. it may sound silly, but you have to learn to like yourself, and then love yourself. if what you're doing makes you unhappy, change it! doing hair, make-up and nails are SKILLS that must be learned, females aren't born knowing that stuff either! focus on the positives. I'm no suzy sunshine either, so I realized being depressed is a cycle for me, theres not always a direct cause. and as far as saying the wrong things in your posts, maybe just think about it a bit more. lets put it to the test, I've just posted pics taken last night. (@ photo forum) they're my first in a long time, I'm not afraid of criticism, I welcome it. tell me what you think!

kimdl93
04-16-2012, 03:08 PM
as you've already read in so many of these responses to your post, this is a very diverse group. There's plenty to learn on all sorts of topics - and for some people there's a genuine need for professional help. I wouldn't expect more than 30% of the discussion to be immediately relevant to you. But focus on the topics that interest you, the people who share your perspecives on CDing, and don't worry about fitting in.

If conformity were what we are after, none of us would be here.

Nikki A.
04-16-2012, 06:38 PM
GBJ we were all at that stage that you are at now. It can be frustrating and there are times when we all have thought that this is all too much.
However as some of the other members have said, take small steps, learn a little here and there and try to find some time to practice and more importantly have fun with this. For everything you learn to do better, it will get easier and you'll get more comfortable. It took me a loooong time to be comfortable with myself, to go out as Nikki. Do I look great, no but I'm satisfied that I look good enough that it looks like I make an effort and am presentable.
As far as therapy goes. I went to appease my wife (she thought he would "cure" me), however after a few sessions he told me that I'm doing nothing wrong and if it brings me a sense of peace then go with the flow.
Be yourself and trully you do belong here. Best of luck.

sterling12
04-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Ok, let's turn it around, and then look at the situation. If you shouldn't be here, then where The hell should you be? At least you are among kindred souls, who may have more experience than you. Does that bug you? Because your young, your not supposed to be experiencing, or have experienced everything as yet! It takes time.

I realize that you may well come from a generation that had overprotective parents "scripting" all your time and activities for most of your non-adult life. But, in the Real World it doesn't work that way. You don't get "instant gratification." On this issue, Mom and Dad can't and won't provide it, so you have to learn a new concept called "patience." Look it up on Wikipedia, I think you might find it of interest.

Second thought, because your young there is a tendency to overdramatize your condition in life. "Whoa is me, everybody is doing something better, I feel all alone." If you didn't read it in High School acquaint yourself with "Catcher in The Rye." A Classic Example of Teenage Angst. The only hassle? It's Fiction! Real Folks always have to live with The Idea of always feeling slightly apart, slightly "behind." Thoreau's Famous Quote about Most Men leading lives of quiet desperation, certainly can apply to ALL of us.

Best Advise if unhappy, "Get A Plan, start to figure out how you will change your circumstances and conditions." You have lots of time, if you start The Journey with some intent tomorrow, then you are making progress. That's about The Best your gonna' do.

Peace and Love, Joanie

GBJoker
04-17-2012, 10:47 PM
Lorileah: I still feel like every one is tap-dancing while I'm stuck outside waiting to even get into the tap-dancing club...

Kristy_K: I accepted myself fully over two years ago.

Barbara Ella: I don't think I'm understanding your post fully...

ronda: If I'm understanding your post correctly... Then I must say that unfortunately, I am not learning anything, or understanding something new about life, or whatever, when I come to this site.

Marleena: Which scale?

Kaz: I seem to have only made enemies thus far.

Inna: There is no gender therapist within 30 miles of my house that accepts my family's insurance.

BLUE ORCHID: I'm not feeling sorry for myself.

sterling12: Don't U make an ass outta me. I didn't have what you are describing the majority of my generation having. I never got instant gratification on anything. Hell, I was barely allowed to even DO anything in my life. My parents wanted me to do everything, but no one would let them. Even the principals of TWO schools said, to their faces, "A disabled person isn't supposed to get good grades and be in the honors classes."

I didn't go to high school because of this and other reasons.

By the way, Thoreau was a nut who was complaining about having the freedom to live the life he wanted to live. Think about that for a second. Especially since it ties in so nicely with TG issues.

Karren Hutton: Part of why I don't like it here.

sandra-leigh
04-17-2012, 11:21 PM
Simultaneously, I've nothing to offer. I don't know how to do hair, or make up, or nails.

If people here only replied about matters they have knowledge and experience on, there would be far fewer postings :D

YouTube has lots of material available to study about hair and make-up and nails.

If I had time and bothered, I could probably become fairly knowledgeable about chemical formulations and physical properties of makeup. Regrettably I would then still have trouble doing my own makeup, as I have the artistic sense of a salted snail, but I would have something to contribute. "Those who can't, teach."

Alaina R
04-18-2012, 09:17 PM
I liked your post. It's the best post I've read here in a long time. A number of years ago, if there had been an internet, I could have easily written the same thing. I don't know what it is to be a CD who truly wants to become a woman but I do know what it is to be a guy who likes dressing up because it fulfills a need (including, but not exclusively, sexual needs). As far as I can tell most people struggle with this. For me, the description of sitting in your basement and blahing your life away seems about right. I will say though that as you get older you may stop fighting yourself and just accept it - even if that means accepting that it sucks being a CD but it is what it is. In my case, it seemed like once I got to that point, things turned around and I somehow met the right person and lived, more or less, happily ever after. Hope you do too.

Babeba
04-18-2012, 09:50 PM
Tbh, this crowd is one where if you act like you belong, you belong. If you stir the pot a bit too much and read everything with a negative slant, you will probably get that too.

There are a few times where I have felt like an outsider here on this site. In many ways, as a GG, I am. I have never felt the urge to dress in cross gender clothing because it was cross gender. I have never felt my body was the wrong sex for my gender. I do have an idea of what it's all about because my boyfriend is transgender, and I get the best of both his male aspects and her female aspects; I feel like I am part of this community because of our shared experiences and the knowledge and insight I've gained with an awareness of transgender issues. I feel like my voice here is a valid one, and I know there are some ways I have this whole thing very easy (I have always been sure of who I am) and ways it's been tough (I am not the one in control of where my support comes from, and I cannot share this with people in my real life- it is not my issue to share and reveal.)

I say all this to say, if you feel Unaccepted here, could it be that you are the one not accepting the people posting here?

noeleena
04-19-2012, 04:58 AM
Hi,

Im just a woman a bit different than most, yet i could say where do i fit in or become a part of.
im not a dresser or trans or transvestite not even a full woman im not a full male so theres not much left that i can relate to or with yet i have many friends here we do P M's we talk we discuss a lot of issues we talk about a lot of things that concern us .

& this is my point we are people no matter what we look like wear or who our friends are where we work or are retired or have dissabilitys we are all different. yet we are here because we do funny as it may be have things incommon well i do im not governed by only one asspect of life . its about the whole of each one of us that counts not even our ages so wether your young or older like my self ,

I came on here a few years ago could not write = dyslexca = what a struggle i had & add to that the many other forums im on i spent 4 years trying to explain my self apart from being embarrist unsure of what i was doing & then computers on top of that. i allmost gave up. 4 years ago. yes . im still here, & i dont allways get it right,

Just give your self time , as wed say take a quiet walk through our garden = posts, & youll be okay,

...noeleena...

Claire Cook
04-19-2012, 05:50 AM
I really do.

GB, for what it's worth this is something that I (and I'll bet others) have gone through. When I was a kid I'd sneak into my mom's closet, and then guilt and confusion would follow. Then for maybe 15 years I wanted nothing to do with anything TG. Then I guess I grew up, accepted myself and gradually got to where I am today.

daviolin
04-19-2012, 08:42 AM
I was in the same boat about three years ago. Were is this going? Why do I like doing this? I must be a weirdo. No NO NO. I found what worked for me was to reach out and meet people like yourself. And you will see, we are all just as normal as the socalled normal people out there. We just have more fun being who we are. Since I've told my enter family of Daviolin things have really come together for me. It didn't happen over night mind you. But It did happen. I don't know what your family is like, so maybe that wouldn't be an option for you. Hang in there sister, good things come to thoughs who don't hesitate. Daviolin

Marleena
04-19-2012, 11:10 AM
@ Joker. The transgender scale.

Are you CD, TS, just like women's clothes, I'm not sure where you're coming from? You must fit in somewhere..