PDA

View Full Version : neighbors daughter

Kathy4ever
04-16-2012, 04:38 AM
So I come down after a nap with my new shorts. They are a grey stretchy mid thigh shorts. My neighbors daughter is over and she says they are tight you are a guy you should be wearing baggy shorts. I was laughing to myself as I guess she did not notice my legs are shaven and toes painted pink and wearing a girls tank top and of course underneath is my lacy black and red thong. My wife was probable laughing inside too for another reason. Well I just ignored this girls comment. I wonder what she would of said if I came down in a skirt? Later I even went to the grocery store wearing my sandals that show off my pretty toes wearing the same outfit. I guess I just keep getting comfortable dressing as I please more and more.

Chardonnay Merlot
04-16-2012, 04:40 AM
Sounds like my mom lol :)

deebra
04-16-2012, 07:00 AM
Kathy glad you weren't threatened and continued wearing what you're comfortable in, why should a teenage girl tell you to change you're clothing just because she has been brainwashed by some fashion designer that she doesn't even know that dictates what males/females should wear. By not "caving" and even going to the grocery you are educating the public that it's O.K. to wear what YOU WANT and not be intimated by others. We all know that if she went home and decided to change into guy clothes it would be just fine in her mind and everyone else's, is this sexiest or just plain stupid?

Renee W
04-16-2012, 07:09 AM
Back in my days as a teen, we would have never thought about saying anything even remotely like that to the parents of a friend. We may have talked about it to our friend, but we respecte the adults and knew our place.

I'm just shocked that she felt it was her place to say anything.

On the other hand, I am assuming that we are talking about a teen, in your case maybe she is an adult daughter, but still, it is just down right rude to criticize someone's apparel.

EjayeCD
04-16-2012, 07:35 AM
She must have noticed but chose to let you off the hook.

Cynthia Anne
04-16-2012, 07:43 AM
Makes you wonder why she notice the tight shorts and nothing else! But oh well! Be yourself, be happy! Hugs!

Krististeph
04-16-2012, 08:31 AM
Love it!

How old was this paragon of high-observance who noticed your shorts but not your nails, just out of curiosity?

Michaelasfun
04-16-2012, 10:42 AM
That's great, Kathy, I along with everyone else find it really funny she missed all the other "signs" that you were sporting of femininity..also I find it great that you are comfortable wearing everything going on errands, wonderful..

Janelle_C
04-16-2012, 11:13 AM
I thinks it's great that you didn't go into the oh my god she must know mode and are comfortable in your own skin, and who you are. I'm getting there and girls like you help me along with story's like this.

Lorileah
04-16-2012, 12:02 PM
I wonder how often someone tells her what to wear?

Kathy4ever
04-18-2012, 04:39 AM
She is 29. She is a talker and I am miffed sometimes as I would think she would be more accepting as her mom is not straight. the daughter has joked about me being the resident transvestite one time. I just ignore her as she can be annoying.
Back in my days as a teen, we would have never thought about saying anything even remotely like that to the parents of a friend. We may have talked about it to our friend, but we respecte the adults and knew our place.

On the other hand, I am assuming that we are talking about a teen, in your case maybe she is an adult daughter, but still, it is just down right rude to criticize someone's apparel.

Kathy4ever
04-18-2012, 04:40 AM
I doubt it as she just says whats on her mind. Her mom always looks at my toes to see if they are still painted.
She must have noticed but chose to let you off the hook.

Kathy4ever
04-18-2012, 04:49 AM
I am happy to help. It has taken a long time to get to this point. I think I've gotten better at not letting things bother because the wife does not go ballistic like before. I really want more dress up fun but never get any alone time at all. I want to wear skirts or a dress and heels and make up. So I settle for what woman usually wear now a days. Strech pants, yoga outfits , capris and woman tanks. I really like the racer back tanks the best. I say if I can do it anyone can do it. I even at times wear medium size hoop earings.
I thinks it's great that you didn't go into the oh my god she must know mode and are comfortable in your own skin, and who you are. I'm getting there and girls like you help me along with story's like this.

Kathy4ever
04-18-2012, 05:00 AM
I wonder too. I want to make comments as well about her dress habits but I guess I am a nicer woman than she is. Sometimes you got to consider the source. My nephew is also staying with us and he is the same age as her. He likes to joke about my panties that seem to show when I've done some house work as well. he will also joke about my capris and wondering am I expecting rain. They both are pain to be around but I do not let them bother me. I am who I am. If they truely don't like it then he could move out and she doesn't have to come over and be a pain in the a**. I usually go to another room not to hide but to not be around them as they are annoying in general.
I wonder how often someone tells her what to wear?

~Joanne~
04-18-2012, 05:35 AM

Those days have been long gone for a long time now. I often wonder what happened to those times. Is it bad parenting? Lack of parenting? has every become that afraid to raise their kids proper out of fear of the laws they have made?

Kathy, great job on how you handled it. I may have taken it further by asking the kid to leave until she learned some manners especially in someone else's house. Might have given her something to think about, probably not though.