PDA

View Full Version : Bashed & Bruised!

SallyS
04-16-2012, 05:12 AM
After two weeks working on a farm, for an academic paper, my poor ol' legs are bashed & bruised:sad:

It'll take a few weeks for them to get back to looking half decent, with some TLC.

I'm sure many of you have male gender roles that involve hard 'n' heavy work?

I was just wondering just what effect it has on your feminine side, if you have all the day to day 'markings' of a hard working manual employee....bumps, bruises, rough skin etc. (no offence!)

I hate to see my bare legs in such bad shape:sad:

Raychel
04-16-2012, 06:00 AM
My legs usually are OK, but my hands are another story. Cut, bashed, and very rough. It makes it almost impossible to put on a pair of pantyhose. I have some cgloves that I put on first.

BLUE ORCHID
04-16-2012, 06:55 AM
Hi Sally, I was amoung the working beat up for over 50yrs. now being retired 3yrs. my hands and legs look great.

Cynthia Anne
04-16-2012, 07:09 AM
Yeah I know the feelin'! Being a country redneck girl is not a clean position! If it's not dirt it's grease! But a girl is gotta' do what a girls gotta' do! Hugs!

Kate Simmons
04-16-2012, 07:57 AM
I'm from the "old school" Sally. Blood, sweat and tears and sore bones and muscles were all in a day's work.Even so, I enjoyed my dressing when possible Now that I'm retired, I can do what I want but don't spend all day sitting around looking pretty. I like to keep busy and physically active if possible. They tell me 65 these days is the new 35. Maybe if I keep telling myself that, I'll believe it.:heehee::)

Cheryl T
04-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Thank god for tights and slacks...
Mine take a beating too, especially since I wear shorts most of the year to work, but I hate having them look trashed when I'm dolled up and going out....

Krististeph
04-16-2012, 08:23 AM
I tried ballet dancing for a little while- it was too strenuous and came dome with a bad case of barishna cough.

Seriously, had some burns on my arms from steam pipes. Most of the work was heavy enough where it helped me control my weight. It's not the hard jobs that mess with me- it is the easy ones- and the way you eat on those jobs- hard to eat well and reasonable.

Fresh Pineapple helps move the bruised blood out of the muscles- better and prevention than cure, but it still helps. Stretch and massage, general TLC, but also hard exercise- (the not bruising kind) will help- may hurt at first- but will increase the activity in the legs- your body's natural state is health- and exercise will help your muscles do their healing stuff.

that's my 2 cents

Jenny Doolittle
04-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Hey Sally,

I can relate 100%, I am getting to the end of a kitchen remodeling project and OMG my hands have never looked so bad, plus I ache all over ever night after finishing for the day. I am so pleased about how my kitchen looks, but sure would feel better in a few weeks when my body is back to normal.

jillleanne
04-16-2012, 08:42 AM
lol, I know exactly what you are talking about. We have four wheelers and thousands of acres of crown land surrounding our 50 acres so I am often in the woods doing whatever and constantly get scratched, cut etc. and just curse myself for doing it. lol Can't be beautiful 24/7 living in the woods but can't enjoy the truth in life and nature living in the fast paced city all the time either.

Jocelyn Quivers
04-16-2012, 09:02 AM
Granted I do not do manual labor, most of my body is a scarred mess. My hands on a daily basis get cuts, scars, burns, abrassions etc. My feet due to certain medical conditions I have are barely held together by skin and bones and are a permanent ashy white. My legs are also a fine collection of scars. Most all of this occurs because in male mode I am very wild, reckless in regards to injuries. For girl mode I consiser all of this as part of a challenge to hide and diminish the appearance of these imperfections.

Also I save money to go towards my plastic surgery fund to eventually handle all these scars.

Nichola
04-16-2012, 09:41 AM
I have a pretty active job & quite often get banged up from work. In my free time, I sometimes play five a side football & my legs get kicked to pieces. When my legs are banged up, it makes me put dressing on hold altogether until they heal up. Bruised legs & high heels are not a good look:heehee:

joank
04-16-2012, 10:08 AM
I work with horses and some ranching plus alot of scars on my left leg from surguries involving a car wreck (years ago). I use alot of hand cream, Jergen's on the legs every day and try to do the best for a 68 year old.

StarrOfDelite
04-16-2012, 10:39 AM
If it's any consolation, most Genetic Women also have myriad cuts, gouges, scrapes, scars, and discoloration marks on their lower legs. Yesterday was "Rustoleumize the Patio Furniture Day", and my ex-wife and daughters banged their legs on the unforgiving wrought iron just as often as my son and I did. They just have better skills in applying makeup to cover the nicks.

docrobbysherry
04-16-2012, 10:51 AM
My hands r a mess because I so physical work with them. I wear pants, so my legs stay in pretty good shape. I suggest u try them, Sally!

My feet can get pretty sore after a session in bondage boots or ridiculously uncomfortable heels, tho!

"Barishna cough"? Ha ha! Good one, Kristi!

Michaelasfun
04-16-2012, 10:51 AM
I live in a rural area and am out most days doing farm maintenance, regularly coming away with various "battle scars" (I am certain I inherited this from my dad, who couldn't complete an oil change without losing a pint of blood somehow). I just see it as an opportunity to learn to handle it as a woman would, more lotion, concealer, etc. just like you learn to do makeup. Just look at it like an opportunity to google up skin care methods, I'm sure its all stuff you'll use along the way!

sarahcrossed
04-16-2012, 11:12 AM
working construction plays hell on my legs. though i do wear pants i still manage to some how get scraps and gashes on them. but thats what nylons are for. love them nylons

kimdl93
04-16-2012, 03:22 PM
usually its my hands that suffer the most from a weekend of doing "guy" things. I can't seem to handle any tool without bashing a finger or cutting something.

KimberlyJean
04-16-2012, 05:08 PM
My most recent cuts are from shaving! Boney kneecaps are a curse, but I think I am getting the hang of it.

RebeccaLynne
04-16-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm sure many of you have male gender roles that involve hard 'n' heavy work?

I was just wondering just what effect it has on your feminine side, if you have all the day to day 'markings' of a hard working manual employee....bumps, bruises, rough skin etc. (no offence!)

I hate to see my bare legs in such bad shape:sad:

Taking a shower this morning, I was surprised to see a new bruise on the inside of my right thigh just above the knee. Just another occupational hazard in my line of work, yet I almost never realize such has occurred until the visual observation of same.

I've noticed a propensity for similiar minor contact injuries to manifest themselves as bruising as I age... as long as my face remains unscathed, I'm OK with it.

Not visible crossing my legs in a skirt, anyways... :)

Alice Torn
04-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Since i have done by far, more physical work, than not, i have huge, unladylike hands, and feet. Since I have always had old cars, I feel i have spent at least 10 % of my life working on them. At present, both my older vehicles broke down!! This has happened many times. Both down at the same time. Murphy is busy! I don't crossdress real often, but, it is mainly my hands and arm and legs with bruises, and sores.

SuzanneS
04-16-2012, 06:32 PM
I tried ballet dancing for a little while- it was too strenuous and came dome with a bad case of barishna cough.

LOL! That's a good one! :D

Suzanne

Jenny Doolittle
04-17-2012, 07:39 AM
Oh My Goodness, I feel grand this morning, I took some time for me! Been working this kitchen project for two weeks straight and finally had some time for improving Jenny's attitude. Took a long hot shower, shaved my legs and arms, and got all smooth and silky. I took a weed eater to my eye brows, they had grown out so and become unmanageable. Skin so soft, a little makeup, and something smooth and silky to start my day. Life is truely good after all!

GingerLeigh
04-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Hands and fingernails get hit the hardest. Cuts, scrapes, bandages, filth and grime you can't wash off easily. As for the legs getting smacked and bruised, only sometimes. Gotta get yer head out of the clouds and watch where you walk silly! The only thing the heavy work does to my "femininity" is build muscles.

Rogina B
04-17-2012, 09:29 AM
I do the marine world.I get paid for what I know combined with what I do..The do part often involves self sacrifice..lol which comes in many forms..From slag burns to coatings that are impossible to remove from skin,to cuts,bruises,etc...All in a week's work...Sometimes....And then there are other stretches where the Revlon Red is the only stain on my nails..lol I transform after the workday and am sometimes conscience of not showing my manhands any more than I have to.lol

Sally24
04-17-2012, 11:49 AM
What's funny is that when I gouge my hands on sheet metal or scratch my legs on thorn bushes, I'm not upset about the pain or the actual injury. I get upset because of how it will make me look when I'm dressed "pretty"! Scars ever used to bother me. In fact they were like reminders of the year I received each of them. Now I am a little phobic about getting any new scars.