PDA

View Full Version : learning more everyday

litlejohn
04-16-2012, 08:06 AM
Haven't posted anything in a long while, busy with kids and work.
I've have been fortunate to have a SO who allows me to dress at home and she seemed fine with it at first. Then a couple weeks ago I could tell she wasn't happy with it.( plus she told me so).
After many conversations we have come to find out she is over the fantasy part of it and it is a turn off for her romanticly. Fair enough. I also was in the bad habit of telling her " you know what i want to do". This was very unfair to both of us, because she didn't know. I now give her more detail of how long I would like to dress and to what extent, make-up and nails or just a skirt for awhile. Now we plan our time together as a couple instead of having to guess what the other is wanting to do.
We had a great weekend, a few drinks and a movie at home Friday, out for dinner with daughter and her SO, then home for a movie. Then lastnight she was the one to dress in a sexy night gown she hadn't worn in years, some intimate time together ( short back rub). Then my turn to get dressed-up Wig, makeup,nails short dress and heels for the rest of the evening together.
We all say that communication is the most important thing we can do. Never has anything truer been said. Best of luck to all.

Janelle_C
04-16-2012, 08:25 AM
That is so great that you and your wife can find a way that works for the both of you. I know for me and my wife, she has her own fears that she didn't talk about at first. I had to pull it out of her. I want to dress as much as I can and she's okay with that but she worry about how far I want to go. I just don't know at this point. Taking it slow is the best way to go, but it's really hard for me but I know if I push her to fast it will be all bad so slow we go. Best wish to you and your wife. Janelle

Cynthia Anne
04-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Working, planing and deciding together keeps you together! When one must have it there way all the time they find themself alone! Keep that good atitude and you will find out how forever feels! Hope you have many more good nights and days together! Hugs!

Miriam-J
04-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Sounds like you've found a great balance to your mutual interests, and this led to a great weekend. Congratulations and enjoy.

Miriam

kimdl93
04-16-2012, 04:16 PM
it sounds like you two are communicating pretty effectively. It really doesn't matter how it works for the two of you, so long as it works.

Gaby2
04-16-2012, 04:57 PM
I'm also very happy for you and your wife, litlejohn. :rose2:Gaby

PretzelGirl
04-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Thank you for the story litlejohn. It is a perfect example of adjusting as you go along through communication. I am glad the both of you handled it this way. It sure makes life easier, doesn't it?

Brenda456
04-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Sounds very promising!

Jacqueline Winona
04-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Good for you, littlejohn! Finding that balance that works for your spouse is really hard to do, so congratulations my friend!