PDA

View Full Version : For all musicians...

Brittany CD
04-16-2012, 06:31 PM
Lately, I've been wanting to perform with my guitar live on stage as Katie. Of course, not many know about my other side and I never perform alone, so I can't :sad:

Have any of you performed live on stage that wasn't a drag show or anything related to crossdressing? If so, how was it and did anyone suspect you can grow a beard?

The one thing I've been wondering though if given the opportunity, would I want to be the sweet feminine Katie with her guitar (the Katie I really like) or the more bad girl heavy metal Katie, which I think would be cool. What would be your personal preference?

Miranda G
04-16-2012, 06:52 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one this has happened to. I've not played or sung on stage for over 10-years but ever since I've accepted being CD I've got my verve for doing so back again, and if I do I'll want to do it as Miranda. Can't even imagine going up there as he. No guitar for me though (I'm not that cool), just the good old banjulele!

Would you play alone or are you part of a group? This is one of the stumbling blocks for me as wouldn't like to fly solo but this would mean revealing it to whichever folk I could persuade to join me.

With regards which persona for you to use, I say use them both and switch as the songs naturally dictate. If it's a thrash number, go bad; if it's slightly more refined, go sweet. That's one of the joys of music for me. All the best with it and as long as you enjoy it, that's what really matters ultimately :)

Aloha Jayne
04-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Interesting thread. I am a keyboardist and piano player. Jayne would love to perform on stage. She might even do karaoke if she's had enough to drink. I think she is the performer and musician in me. I can't even dance, just ask my wife.

5150 Girl
04-17-2012, 09:01 PM
On stage, I'd be a gutiar shreadding metal goddes!