PDA

View Full Version : When you own more heels than guy shoes

DeniseNJ
04-16-2012, 10:32 PM
I was doing some spring cleaning and started to straighten up all the closets. I had heels and womens shoes all over my house in every closet. . I actually own twice as much womens shoes as I do mens I have 16 pair and just added a pair last week and a new pair today. I could see if I dressed alot more, spend days en femme. went to malls shopping or was a girl 24/7 but I am not. My closet is like my summer home , I am there mostly in the suummer. So how many girls own more womens shoes than male. OH and my panty count is on the rise too. what's wrong with me Here are the heels I bought today. When I was at the Avenue and bought the patent blk wedges last week , these caught my eye. I love the zipper back and I think they look so sexy

Brynn_A
04-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Hey denise. I fall into te same category..two pair of guys shoes..25 pair of ladies. One pair of guys undies that I keep around for some unknown reason, I suspect to give me something else to dust occasionally. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those shoes!

Barbara Ella
04-16-2012, 10:39 PM
Nothing wrong with you from this view. Sexy shoes for sure. Have 16 pair of femme, 4 pair of drab. Ratio seems about right to me..

Barbara

ArleneRaquel
04-16-2012, 10:42 PM
One pair of male foot wear for moi. I have more female boots, three, than male shoes :thumbsup::)

Sheila11
04-16-2012, 11:27 PM
I tried on that same pair of heels at Avenue and just loved them. Do not know why I did not buy them.

Krista Doll
04-16-2012, 11:27 PM
yes I can relate too this because I have way more womans shoes than guy shoes probably over 40 prs. sometimes you just can't resist. by the way they are sexy and so is the pedi love having painted toes.

DeniseNJ
04-16-2012, 11:32 PM
I tried on that same pair of heels at Avenue and just loved them. Do not know why I did not buy them.

Cause you bought those sexy lepord print platform heels,

Sarah-J
04-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Three pairs of each but 1 of the drabs is headed for the wastebasket (workshoes) which will need replacing... and I doubt very much I'll be able to do that without getting another femme pair also. :daydreaming:

Babeba
04-16-2012, 11:46 PM
This may be a silly question... But are any of those femme shoes... Comfortable? Weather oriented? Task oriented?

Just curious, I think you can tell a lot about a girl's attitude towards life and herself by looking at her shoes!

Gabby
04-17-2012, 01:05 AM
I was doing some spring cleaning and started to straighten up all the closets. I had heels and womens shoes all over my house in every closet. . I actually own twice as much womens shoes as I do mens I have 16 pair and just added a pair last week and a new pair today. I could see if I dressed alot more, spend days en femme. went to malls shopping or was a girl 24/7 but I am not. My closet is like my summer home , I am there mostly in the suummer. So how many girls own more womens shoes than male. OH and my panty count is on the rise too. what's wrong with me Here are the heels I bought today. When I was at the Avenue and bought the patent blk wedges last week , these caught my eye. I love the zipper back and I think they look so sexy

I wanted those same black patent wedges from Avenue, but they only had white in size 12, so I left disappointed. I really like the heels in your picture so maybe I'll go back and try them on and check if they got more wedges in.

As far as count goes, I have three pairs of guy shoes, and four pairs of heels...all of them purchased in the past two months.

Diane Smith
04-17-2012, 01:51 AM
My ratio of women's shoes, all with at least a 3-1/2" heel, to men's is about 100:1. That seems about right to me.

- Diane

Celeste
04-17-2012, 02:10 AM
ever think how it was in the 1800"s.One might be lucky to find a nice pair in the old west.....I'm so grateful we can just "pop" a button..lol.

Honey,those are sweet shoes....i love the color height ,everything about them.

KendraCD2012
04-17-2012, 02:34 AM
oh, well i definitely fit in this category, i own 2 pairs of guy's shoes and then i own 2 pair's of women's shoes and 3 pairs of boots, snow boots, ankle boots, and boots that r just below my knees

ReineD
04-17-2012, 02:41 AM
what's wrong with me

I know this is a fun forum for a lot of people, a place for everyone to let their hair down and be the girl who loves to shop, shop, shop.

But ... I was just having this conversation today with a GG friend and we both came to the conclusion that when women feel they are going overboard with clothes spending (more things than they need or will wear) and they don't seem to be able to control it, they also ask questions like yours. They also feel guilty and want to know how they can stop. And it's hard to hit bottom with this, believe me. First it takes an awareness there is an issue, and then it takes self-discipline.

I'm convinced that shopping issues have nothing to do with being a GG or a CD. There are GGs and CDs who manage to keep it under control. But, there are also GGs and CDs who feel they need to fill their inner voids with clothes, jewely, purses, shoes, and more clothes. The trouble is, inner voids (no matter whose it is or what type it is) are never filled with exterior things. :p

The CDing is one thing and it is healthy, IMO. Shopping compulsions are another. They don't have to go hand in hand if you don't want them to. :hugs:

janet54
04-17-2012, 03:16 AM
You can never have too many heels it is just a gurl thing Honey!!!

Jessica86
04-17-2012, 04:06 AM
Go ahead and count me in! Work boots, and tennis shoes. That's it for guy clothes. I have two pairs of boots, three pairs of heels, and two pairs of flats. My wife is always poking fun at me for having more female shoes than male shoes!

MandyGG
04-17-2012, 04:24 AM
This may be a silly question... But are any of those femme shoes... Comfortable? Weather oriented? Task oriented?

Just curious, I think you can tell a lot about a girl's attitude towards life and herself by looking at her shoes!

Great question Babs! I think the answers are flowing in on the contrary though. Looks like heels and stylish boots are winning the race.... I see no signs of femme muck boots, or orthopedic arch support! Lol!

DAVIDA
04-17-2012, 04:41 AM
I don't know the numbes, but I recently got rid of over a hundred pounds of shoes.
I still have more than twice that left.:heehee:
I have culled more than three hundred pair over the years.:eek:
I have over two hundred left.
That is more than mens or boys shoes than I have had my entire life.

Trish
04-17-2012, 06:08 AM
I'm at 4 pair of mens shoes, and 45 pair of womans shoes.

BLUE ORCHID
04-17-2012, 06:56 AM
Hi Denise, Guilty as charged your honor, For me it's about 30 to 1 I only have four pairs of mens shoes.

ronda
04-17-2012, 07:20 AM
shoes i own more heels that mens shoes about a 4 to 1 ratio panties wow that is about 20 to 1

Wendy W
04-17-2012, 07:51 AM
I'm in the same club. Including all female related footwear, I'm about a 3/1 ratio. Now, if the industry would just make all shoes gender neutral, I wouldn't have a problem, other than the CC bill on shoe shopping sprees!

Wendy

darla_g
04-17-2012, 08:05 AM
and they don't seem to be able to control it, they also ask questions like yours. They also feel guilty and want to know how they can stop. And it's hard to hit bottom with this, believe me. First it takes an awareness there is an issue, and then it takes self-discipline.

I totally agree shopping can an addiction just like any number of things. With that I have to admit I may have a few outfits or pairs of shoes that have never been on. May need to weed a few things out to reclaim some room as storage is still an issue.

I would suggest to anyone who is getting rid of any of their excess that there are many shelters or other charitable organizations that can put these items to good use.

Tina B.
04-17-2012, 09:18 AM
Yes I own more female shoes than male, and yes I have tennis shoes, for working in the yard, and many pairs of flats. I also have plenty of heels.
But then I have more of everything female, than I do male.
Tina B.

Babeba
04-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Great question Babs! I think the answers are flowing in on the contrary though. Looks like heels and stylish boots are winning the race.... I see no signs of femme muck boots, or orthopedic arch support! Lol!

To be fair, stylish muck boots are hard to track down... I've been on the lookout for cute, well fitting rubber boots and no dice this week, despite the fact I can fit into the kid section!

MandyGG
04-17-2012, 09:39 AM
To be fair, stylish muck boots are hard to track down... I've been on the lookout for cute, well fitting rubber boots and no dice this week, despite the fact I can fit into the kid section!

That is true. I found a pretty decent pair at Charming Charlie's a while back... they were girly. But, the well fitting part is hard to find. Too long in the toes, too loose on the heel, but fit in the arch. What's a girl that has mud to trot through going to do?!?! LOL! I am totes jelly that you can wear kids sizes. They have some great shoes sometimes.

MonicaJean
04-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Denise, Love those shoes, and your nails!

renaej7
04-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Yep. I'm guilty as charged too! LOL! Guy shoes are so boring though. Your shoes in pic are hot!!!

DeniseNJ
04-17-2012, 10:34 AM

Actually I went to 2 payless shoes and I a Avenue store. Girls you want cute and comfy go to the payless website LOT# 095029, they are a peep toe slight wedge with a cusion sole
Description::DFX black Cleo Chopout Peep wedge $29.99. I usually wear a 12W BUT these in a size 12 felt more comfortable than a good pair of sneakers. I swear, If any of you girls buy them, and can truely say they are uncomfortable I will send you a check for $30. They are cute, feminine and you can wear them all day and to bed too. Reason I didn't buy was::: it was BOGO and I figured the other store would have them and another pair I wanted. I was so impressed with this shoe, I had the SA print out the lot# so I can buy then later. I can not say enough good stuff about them. I better buy them before they go out of production . See Ya off to buy these heels Hee Hee. {I do not have an obsession only a desire}

Stephanie47
04-17-2012, 10:44 AM
In the male world I have one pair each of black and brown dress shoes, which are left over from my pre-retirement days, one pair of black walking casual shoes, and a pair of "sneakers" for yard work. Oh, and a pair of left over combat boots for heavy work to protect my feet. In the female mode I have fourteen pairs from flats to five inch heels. Today I'm wearing a pair of 2 1/2 inch heels in a taupe color by Hush Puppies. They are very comfortable and go with the beige floral print sun dress I'm wearing with my new beige VanRaalte full slip with appliques. Now, I'm waiting for the sun to come out! Maybe after breakfast

StephanieDragg
04-17-2012, 10:58 AM
70 pr womens, 6 pr mens

Julie513
04-17-2012, 10:58 AM
I am right there with you Denise. Probably a 3-1 or 4-1 ratio of more heels than drab shoes. I must admit, shoes and skirts are my weaknesses.

Julie

Darlene-VA
04-17-2012, 11:13 AM
5 pairs of guy shoes and at least 35 pairs of heels and it may be more have not counted for a while

Presh GG
04-17-2012, 11:17 AM
I would SO rather buy 1 pair of QUALITY shoes than 20 pair of payless "man made" CHEAP STUFF that won't last a weekend.

QUALITY OVER QUANITY EVERY TIME.

presh

Eryn
04-17-2012, 12:36 PM
I would SO rather buy 1 pair of QUALITY shoes than 20 pair of payless "man made" CHEAP STUFF that won't last a weekend.

QUALITY OVER QUANITY EVERY TIME.

presh

I understand your POV but it looks differently to a CDer . GGs get a lot more use out of a pair of shoes than a CDer and this justifies the expense. I tend to haunt the clearance racks at DSW and Off Broadway looking for guilt-free indulgence

yes, I have a lot more femme shoes than drab. In fact my everyday athletic shoes I wear at work are almost all femme. They fit better and have nicer linings.

Jeannie
04-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Most defiantly. Along with more sandals, clothes and undies.

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-17-2012, 02:33 PM
I have at last count 56 womans shoes and two men shoes. I also have 6 fem boots and zero men boots. A girl can not have too many pairs of shoes, mine are mostly like new since I can't wear them everytime I would want to. As for panties now that's another story, zero male and 20 or so fem, mostly always go for string bikini style.

Silentpartner GG SO
04-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Call me a miserable party pooper but I just think " what a lot of money sitting in closets when some folk dont have enough to put food on the table for their kids"

I'll get my coat...........

Eryn
04-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Call me a miserable party pooper but I just think " what a lot of money sitting in closets when some folk dont have enough to put food on the table for their kids"

Well, my shoe purchases are helping to employ all of the people involved in making, distributing, and selling those shoes. If I stopped purchasing, _their_ kids wouldn't have food on the table. Oh the humanity!
:)

KimberlyJean
04-17-2012, 04:48 PM
I only have 18 pairs of women's shoes. I was constantly buying shoes but for a while now I haven't bought any. I have a pretty good balance, so whatever outfit I come up with I have shoes to match. I have 2 pairs of flats that see alot of use, 5" pumps, red, black, nude, nude peeptoe, and leopard. 4 pairs of boots, 2 knee high, one slouchy, one ankle. A couple pairs of sandals and other shoes.

Presh, I don't care for cheap shoes either.

tvmichellenh
04-17-2012, 05:08 PM
i too have many more pairs of womans shoes than mens 75+womens to about 6 mens. Sometimes i just have to buy that new pair . whats a girl to do?

Brittany CD
04-17-2012, 05:10 PM
Why wouldn't you own more heels than guy shoes? They're so much better than regular sneakers

ReineD
04-17-2012, 05:16 PM
I only have 18 pairs of women's shoes.

Kimberly, that sounds reasonable to me. I have about the same amount of shoes (fewer boots though), and I've learned over the years that I can't get matching shoes for every outfit, it would be too much. So I tend to stick with a few basic colors (mostly black, but some brown and some tan or off white for summer), although in different styles ranging from ultra casual to ultra chic, but most are casual to go with my every day clothes. To wear with jeans I have slip-on closed toe mules, open-toe mules (for warmer weather), zip up black ankle boots (for colder weather), low heeled sandals, and wedge heeled sandals, all in black. These carry me through the year with one black purse that I wear with blue jeans or black skinny jeans which are my staples.

For dressy shoes I have a pair of Maryjanes, a 4" leather pump, and a 3" black patent sandal, all in black. I've had my shoes for years and I buy classic styles in a decently made brand so they last and never look dated. I probably buy one or two pairs of shoes per year, max, and this is to replace shoes that are well worn.

Laura Evans
04-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Not just in shoes but my whole wardrobe outnumbers my male stuff.

5150 Girl
04-17-2012, 08:31 PM
I have 1 pair of men's boots out of necesity. However, even my so called everyday tenis-shoes are women's.