PDA

View Full Version : Finally picked a name!

Sabrina Duran
04-16-2012, 11:39 PM
Actually (finally) picked out a name tonight, and with the help of my wife :). I'll admit, I picked the account name out of haste, I just took the feminine version of my real name and used it. I never really found a name that stuck out to me, until tonight. I talked to my wife about making a new Facebook profile (got the idea from another thread) so that I could explore this side of my while being discrete. So logically, I needed a name. And I figured now would be a good a time as any to pick out a name I liked and could embrace. So we took to the web and started looking up names, and there were a few I came across that were good, but it seemed like I'd be settling if I picked em. Then I found "the name" that jumped at me. And then, on top of that, my wife suggested a great middle name to go with it. So, I present:

Sabrina Renée Duran

I really wanted to stick with a Hispanic sounding name that was subtle, and I think I really got it. I'm surprised how it actually feels to pick a name. Anyway, this may not be a huge deal, but I wanted to make a post anyway. Thanks for reading! Off to see if I can change my alias.

Krista Doll
04-16-2012, 11:46 PM
that is a very pretty name nice too meet you Sabrina Renee Duran.:battingeyelashes:

Cynthia Anne
04-17-2012, 12:22 AM
Very pretty name! What makes it even more lovely is including your wife with the decision! Hugs!

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Great to meet you Sabrina, my wife helped pick my name also, how fun is that???

ArleneRaquel
04-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Sabrina,
Welcome to the site, there are many loving people here. HUGS!

Michaelasfun
04-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Wonderfully elegant, congratulations!

SabrinaEmily
04-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Good choice, Sabrina! ;-)

amyinhiding
04-17-2012, 09:12 PM
that's awesome! you are off to a great start! (especially with the wife's help!!!)

KayleahDee
04-18-2012, 09:00 AM
When I started out in April 1998, I had no doubt what my girl name would be...Jayleah, which was the name of a girl I knew in high school back in the 80's. Many people had a hard time trying to pronounce the name (JAY-Leah), though I never wondered that conclusion. Alas, after 10 years of having this name I decided to alter it to give it some personality of its own...by changing the "J" to a "K". So "Jayleah" became "Kayleah" in 2008. I had to tell some friends of my changing the name, after getting so used to the previous one. Sounds good, doesn't it?

kimdl93
04-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Nice to meet you Sabrina R. Duran. I must say, I think it was great that your wife participated - love your new middle name!

Aloha Jayne
04-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Love your name Sabrina. Jayne actually introduced herself to me last summer, as in: "Hello, my name is Jane. Pleased to meet you." I don't even like the name Jane, too plane. So she let me add a y to the spelling. But I didn't even think about a middle name. Living in S Texas I hear some beautiful Hispanic names. Maybe I'll try one of those.

julia marie
04-18-2012, 09:27 AM
Very nice. Congrats!

Roxie X
04-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Congratulation on the name, my wife picked mine, don't know where from.