PDA

View Full Version : Glad To Be Back In Drab?

Julie
11-07-2005, 03:11 AM
I spent from Friday after work to Sunday night en femme. I mean makeup, nails, wig, the whole nine yards. Since I had to do some things Monday I knew I had to go back to drab. After I did I felt a sense of relief. While I'll admit I was completely content dressed I was also a prisoner in my home. I still have a lot of insecurities going out dressed to do everyday things. I've done it a couple of times but for the most part I'm scared to death. Only when I'm heading out to TG friendly places am I comfortable.

So when I changed back I felt this sense of relief because I knew I was now free to do things w/o fear. I can leave the house and interact with society again. I don't have to worry about some kid walking by and seeing me when I let the dog out (I live next to a park). I can go across the street and get my mail without the cover of darkness. When I think about all this I find it really sad.

I don't see me changing my attitude and I don't see society changing their's. Too bad. I'm a pretty decent person to know, dressed or drab.

Anyone else feel this way?

Rikki
11-07-2005, 03:48 AM
I like to stay home and dress' I don't get out much and just perfer to stay dressed. I just spent the weekend dressed and hate the thought of getting in drab in the morning to go to work.:eek: :thumbsdn: Next weekend will be the same though.:D

Rikki

jo_ann
11-07-2005, 05:41 AM
oh man, u have dogs too? that's what discourages me the most, worrying about a neighbor seeing me when I let them out. it's not so bad in the winter because my neighbors wouldn't be out, but the house directly behind me.. well like last night he was doing some tiki thing, and as soon as I let the dogs out he's like "how's it goin?"... He's friendly and all, but sometimes I wish I didn't have neighbors (or a really high fence).

tifftg
11-07-2005, 08:06 AM
While I felt comfortable doing anything and everything in Chicago where I don't know anyone, I am not yet prepared to be out and about enfemme in my hometown. Dealing with the people who know me in drab and having them understand that I am still a decent person. Haven't figured that out yet.

Tiff

PS, count me in the dog club. It actually is his birthday today.

Gemma Rhodes
11-07-2005, 08:53 AM
Hi Julie

Yes, I can totally relate to that. I regularly spend the entire weekend en femme but I do feel like a prisoner in my own home. I don't feel relieved when I go back to drab on Monday morning though just very depressed that I havn't got the bottle to tell people about me yet.

It really annoys me that society is so stereotypical about clothes. Why should it make any difference if I wear a skirt and tights or trousers and socks, surely its the person inside that matters not the clothes and I like to think that I am quite a decent person inside.

Gemma xx

TGMarla
11-07-2005, 09:11 AM
Julie, you hit the nail on the head again. I do not live alone, so I have never had the opportunity to go for days en femme. I've always wanted to experience it, though. But I'm a bit cloistered myself. I really don't want the neighbors to gossip, either. But once I did spend an entire day, about 15 hours dressed up completely, and when it was time to drab it again, I, too, felt that sense of relief, like the risk factor had been removed and the chains taken off. I enjoyed the experience, of course, but I was also constantly worried that a friend would show up at my door. I couldn't so much as check the mail. Oh, and I have 3 dogs. Your experience hits a chord with me, too.

Adrianne
11-07-2005, 09:52 AM
Hello Julie,
I know how you feel as i feel the same and when i am dressed i hardley leave my home unless i take all my makeup off and change into jeans and tea shirt.

Carole
11-07-2005, 05:11 PM
I have on 2 occaisions spent a week at a TV holiday here in the UK (St Audries 'Kentisbury Revival Week'). I must admit that it was nice to go out a couple of times in drab and not have to bother with another close shave and applying make-up. Not that I had too drab up but as I say it was nice not havong to 'make the effort' on the odd occaision.
Hugs
Carole

Katrina
11-07-2005, 05:39 PM
I've never spent more than 5 or 6 hours enfemme. I can't say I was relieved when I went back to drab though. My GF was working late and has not seen me completely enfemme, so I changed back to mostly drab mode before she came home. I was disappointed as soon as I changed. :(

Jodi Lynn
11-07-2005, 05:49 PM
I never really though that anyone else felt this way. I have had many a weekend at home dressed the whole time. But I too, have to peek out the drapes before letting the dog out, and never get the mail on those weekends. Although I must say that I have gotten the mail when dressed in jeans and nice t-shrit, but without wig and full makeup. And I have went out on the front porch very late at night (wee hours of the morning) fully dressed.

Jacqui
11-07-2005, 08:24 PM
I've only been dressed for brief periods of time except for rare overnights in hotel rooms.
I wish that I could spend one lousy week of my life dressed and living en femme. I'm not sure if I would feel relief to go back to drab or if it would just wet my appetite for me.
But I would like to find out.

Julie, if your avatar is any indication, I think your neighbors would probably think that you (male) were just having a beautiful woman stay at your house.

Phoebe Reece
11-07-2005, 08:31 PM
The only time I recall being relieved to change back to drab was after being out and about all day during the summer in Atlanta. Do you know how much heat can be stored in a pair of silicone breast forms.......

Mary Jane
11-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Yes, I have experienced the same thing too. Occassionally I have a long weekend to dress and I almost always feel the relief of being able to return to my male self to do things without fear of being seen. And dressing as a woman can be lot of work too. :)

Mary Jane

Rachel Morley
11-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Hi Julie,

The longest time I have been en femme is about 7 hours. I enjoyed every moment of it because it was a time Marla and I went out to Faces nightclub. I was dressed by early evening, we went out early too and we didn't get home until 1.00am. Our other times en femme to the mall or whatever have been shorter about 4 hours.

I guess the only time I have ever been thankful to be back in drab is when I'm wearing something a little bit more outrageous (fetish) at home like a very tight corset, hobble skirt and 5 inch stilettos. After a few hours of that it's a relief to get out!

jennifer easton
11-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Julie unless I'm blind you have not a worry in the world your a very nice looking girl! passable, I'd say, in a heart beat,to look as good as you jeeess,girl get out and live.
xoxoxJennifer

Olivia
11-07-2005, 10:00 PM
Yes, Julie, I know the feeling all too well dear. Many's the time I've felt the "prisoner in my own home" emotion. Of course we love the feeling while dressed but it's that over-riding fear of discovery by a neighbor or unknowing acquaintance that prevents us venturing out (especially in 'broad' daylight, pardon the pun). I have gone out into the yard and putzed about but I'm always on the lookout for someone driving up! Being dressed inside does prevent me from getting out and taking care of errands or chores away from home. Sometimes, I just have to force myself to go out in drab, take care of business, and then hurry back home to the comfort of Olivia's clothes. Being home for 10 weeks each summer only makes it worse too. I have days where I just stay in femme attire to one degree or another all day, and my other responsibilities do suffer as a result. Oh well, it's a heavenly trade-off anyway. Love, Olivia

DawnRodgers
11-08-2005, 01:34 AM
Glad to go back to drab? No. Never. I just feel so totally comfortable in feminine dress. I stay dressed as long as I can and it is tha sadest time for me when I have to change. The only thing I like is the feeling of walking in my nylons without my heels on. It is a delicious feeling. Kinf of like walking uphill on flat ground. But feminine dress is what I like.
Dawn