PDA

View Full Version : I must be glowing or something...

Sarah-J
04-17-2012, 11:36 PM
Something I'd just like to share:

The short history: (skip this paragraph if you prefer) About three years ago, (I'm in my 40's) I bought my first bra. It snowballed from there (I think many of us know how that goes). I purged once that first year. Never again—too expensive! I finally went surfing in an attempt to learn what might have been “wrong” with me. I ended up here and a few other places (though I like it here best.) While lurking around for a couple weeks, I learned that there is nothing wrong.

Only last month, I accepted and embraced my CDing as a part of myself and let “Sarah” out (but she wants to stay in the closet, at least for now.)

It didn’t feel as though some tremendous weight had been lifted off my shoulders or anything like that; it wasn’t some great epiphanic revelation or even the brief flash of an “Aha!” moment. No light bulbs switched on over my head. The fact is, I didn’t really feel any different at all, to say nothing about behaving any differently. However, later that very same week, I had been told by a few people that I seemed more cheerful, refreshed. Although I don’t see it, people around me do.

Have I started to glow pink or something?

I can say that this experience has certainly led to some introspection… and with hindsight often being perfect, I wonder how I could not have seen this coming.

I think I need to pay closer attention. :daydreaming:

Cynthia Anne
04-17-2012, 11:58 PM
Very nice story! When a person is honest with themself and accept themself for who they are that person is more at peace and it reflects on everything they do! People notice! Thank you for sharing your story 'cause you are glowing and it shows! Hugs!

Renee W
04-18-2012, 06:34 AM
I believe that by finding this site and learning more about CDing so that you have now embraced it, you have helped yourself realize that there is nothing wrong with yourself. Before my SO found out about Renee, and before I started doing some research and joined this forum, I too felt that I was weird or a pervert. I then realized that there was nothing wrong with me, I wasn't alone, I wasn't a pervert. Leraning all this helped free me from the shackles that binding me with hidden shame. My wife has remarked that she has noticed differences in how I approach life, how I am more open, how I seem to be happier.

So yes, you may be glowing, glowing with happiness and freedom.

kimdl93
04-18-2012, 06:51 AM
I do think that many of us have carried a burden, either consciously or subconsciously, for many years before coming to grips with who we are. After living with nagging self doubts or self loathing for decades, what seems like euphoria really may be the abscence of that pain.

Tina B.
04-18-2012, 08:48 AM
Kim, I think you have hit on something there. Maybe it's not euphoria, maybe it's lack of guilt, and pain, but many of us have felt it.
Tina B.