PDA

View Full Version : opinion please...

hmerkin
04-18-2012, 05:32 AM
Hello Ladies, (Awesome People of this Website),

I am asking for your honest opinion, "Please". I, like many other super people in the U.S. and world, (and this website), have fought within the military for the Great U.S.A. I have helped to ensure our freedoms, (Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea, and Desert Storm), I am no better than anyone else; in addition, "I Love" my Country and the Great Men and Women for whom have fought to ensure our freedom! I have always done my best to uphold the regulations. Although, one thing always bothers me. Whenever I see a female in their service dress uniform, I wish it was me wearing this type of uniform. The crisp blouse with skirt, tan pantyhose and black patent high heel pumps is overwhelming. Not to mention the the lingerie, make-up and jewelry! I always wish to be able to wear this uniform combination. I have "Not" and will "Not" act upon this feeling, but would love too. I wish "No Disrespect" to our Great Country or the Brave Men/Women for whom have served our great country and preserve our Freedom! I have, and would put my life on the line to protect the U.S.A. Here in Indiana or other great U.S. areas, this action I am sure would cause a dilemma. I wish I did not have these feelings, but only wish to obtain opinions to help me! Please advise your opinion, thank you, Hugs. Love Crystal - God Bless-The USA!!

Kate Simmons
04-18-2012, 05:59 AM
With two tours in Nam myself I don't see any disrespect with your wishes. In fact, I had similar desires when I was in the Army. A soldier is a soldier, gender notwithstanding Hon.:)

STACY B
04-18-2012, 06:07 AM
I would much rather have a happy soldier wearing what ever they wanted fighting in my corner when it came down to CRUNCH time . Skirt Dress , What ever Just make sure you have your hair pulled up an no makeup in your eyes cuz I dam sure dont want you to miss ,,, When they are shooting at me .

hmerkin
04-18-2012, 06:12 AM
Thank you for your awesome answers, Kate and Stacy! Hugs Crystal!

Renee W
04-18-2012, 06:15 AM
As the child of a career Marine, I too hold in high regard and respect the military uniform. But, in my opinion, it is only a uniform if it is adorned with U.S. and Military insignia, otherwise they are just clothes.

So, would I be offended if you decided to wear a nice khaki skirt suit, hose and proper heels? No, as long as you are not trying to portray something you are not or have not earned by adorning it military/rank insignia.

hmerkin
04-18-2012, 06:26 AM
Thank you Renee, I appreciate your response! Hugs, Crystal!

noeleena
04-18-2012, 06:32 AM
Hi,

Many of us have worn our millitary uniforms & yes been proud to do so. Navy, ether as male or female i would still be proud allthough the female would better suit who i am. it allso comes down to who you are as a person not just the uniform yes they are clothes ,its what they stand for that counts as well.

...noeleena...

hmerkin
04-18-2012, 06:44 AM
Thank You Noeleena,
Your response is appreciated - Hugs Crystal!

kimdl93
04-18-2012, 06:54 AM
Also prior service - Army. I can say with no disrespect to the women in the service, that at least when I was in the army, it was my opinion that those women's Cllass A uniforms incredibly unattractive. I think women and men, for that matter, look better in their fatiques.

hmerkin
04-18-2012, 07:09 AM
Thank you kimdl93,
I thank you for your awesome response! Hugs Crystal!

Jessica86
04-18-2012, 07:18 AM
As I have written myself many times in books I am writing "What is the point in putting your life on the line for rights you believe in, yet, you can't use them?" Point is everyone is entitled to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. That includes the military. Those rights are yours just as much as they are anyone else's. If doing this makes you happy, then pursue it! I find the rank comment kind of....duh...that won't happen. Even in guy mode, portraying yourself of rank is high level of disrespect if you have not earned it.

Millie
04-18-2012, 07:27 AM
I have served myself in the military in Vietnam. I also think the female uniform is a better choice for me, but I have a lot of respect for our military and in my opinion a male soldier in a female uniform would be disrespectful to our military and country. Remember what the uniform stands for. Just my opinion. I love this country. Love Millie

hmerkin
04-18-2012, 07:30 AM
Thank You Jessica86,
I Appreciate your response, Hugs Crystal!

hmerkin
04-18-2012, 07:33 AM
Hi Millie,
Thank you for your service to our GREAT COUNTRY, and I respect your response! Hugs Crystal!

Cynthia Anne
04-18-2012, 07:41 AM
First of all, my hat/wig is off to you for serving! I thank you! Always persue your dreams! Anything is posible! Hugs!

hmerkin
04-18-2012, 07:48 AM
Hello Cynthia Anne,
Thank you for your response, your the best! (by the way. I Love You Name). Reminds me of the young woman I took to prom in the early 1980s. (All I thought about was wanting to wear hear outfit)! Thanxs for listening! Hugs Crystal!

Stephanie-L
04-18-2012, 08:48 AM
Crystal, one thing which you do not mention (or maybe I missed it) is whether you are still in the military. If you are still in, it probably would be a violation of regulations for you to wear the female uniform, even with proper rank, decorations, etc, even if you do not go out in public. The military is odd like that. If you are out, I really don't think it is disrespectful, if you aren't trying to portray yourself as something you are not (rank, decorations, etc). In fact for me, I would be quite happy in the female version of my uniform, because I am female (not genetically, but otherwise). I too have felt the incredible pride and awesome responsibility that comes when you put on the uniform, and in many ways I do miss it. Good luck to you and thank you for your service..............Stephanie (former USN)

Vanessa Storrs
04-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Isn't it sad that those who have fought to defend our freedoms do not have the freedom to dress as they choose?

DonnaT
04-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Well, I was lucky. My wife was in the Army as well, and I fit in her uniform.

Just don't wear it in public, as it's probably illegal.

BillieJoEllen
04-18-2012, 12:25 PM
When I was in the service I loved the way the women had to dress. The only time I saw women wearing fatigues was in Viet Nam. They wore their blue dresses for training and they had super cool dress uniforms (sorry Kim). I loved the way Demi Moore looked in 'A Few Good Men'. Its been a long time since I've seen a female military personnel wearing a skirt. They don't seem to be in much use anymore.

Now, if Hollywood can disrespect this country and this country's uniforms by showing them and hoping to make a profit off of what they are showing then by all means go get yourself a woman's uniform and wear it! But like Donna said- don't wear it in public unless your name is Cary Grant.

Lorenqt
04-18-2012, 04:01 PM
I don't see any disrespect in being who you are.

I wish I did not have these feelings

I can kinda relate to that. Sometimes I have wished that I were "normal". Even after I've come to terms with who I am, those feelings still sometimes creep back.