PDA

View Full Version : Another major milestone?

kimdl93
04-18-2012, 09:14 AM
Well, in about 20 minutes, I'm off to explore another dimension of life en femme. Quite possibly every CDrs dream.

A few moments ago I finished loading a large pile of old fencing and assorted debris into my SUV. At 10 I'm dropping it at the local public solid waste site. It will be my first venture to the dump, en femme.

Granted, not very femme. I'm wearing my short blond wig, a tank top (shaper, bra and forms, of course) and a pair of skinny jeans. Not the most feminine outfit I have, but it seems appropriate for the landfill.

Assuming I survive the experience, I'll report in later.

STACY B
04-18-2012, 09:28 AM
Ohhhhhhhhh Sneaky,,,,Sneaky ,,, I like it ,,, " Excuse me ,,, Let me get that for ya LADY " HUH,,,, Let us know how it goes ?

Wonderwho
04-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Go for it Kim! I have to get tires on the truck today, now maybe i will give it a shot your way.

Foxglove
04-18-2012, 09:58 AM
I'm not sure, Kim. It might open you up to a nasty joke: "TG, are you? You've come to the right place. Sure wish all your sisters would join you."

Hopefully, you'll get a nicer reception than that.

Best wishes, Annabelle

Amanda22
04-18-2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks for blazing another trail, Kim. I can't wait to hear how it went!

larry07
04-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Hope it went smoothly for you. Last weekend I took some things to the dump, not en femme, but I was wearing a bra and forms under my t-shirt. If anyone noticed nothing was said.

Understander
04-18-2012, 10:45 AM
I once got told that a dump is where men go to hide all their secrets, so hopefully no one will batter an eyelid :)

Good luck!

Laura912
04-18-2012, 11:11 AM
First the parts store and now the dump. Hope you don't end up in the dumps after the visit.

kimdl93
04-18-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm happy to report that I completed my trip to the "residential waste recycling center" without a mishap of any kind. I signed in, provided my utility bill as evidence of residency (evidently they have problems with non-residents sneaking into Houston to dispose of waste materials) and unloaded without a hitch. The staff was very cooperative and frankly seemed indifferent to anything but getting the next load dumped!

While I was at the dump and can happily report that I was never "in" the dumps. Another small step for me, and an equally small step for TGs. I feel like such a pioneer.

docrobbysherry
04-18-2012, 11:39 AM
I'm glad to see u correct your reference from "dump" to "recycling center", Kim. Our last free dump here closed over 15 years ago. Now, anyone can go to the recycling centers around the county which r all in commercial/industrial areas, r paved, and u pay by the pound to drop off your waste. No oil or paint, tho. Tires and some electronics at a large premium. Landscape cuttings r the cheapest category, I believe!

kimdl93
04-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Oddly enough its free in Houston - up to five times a year. Same restrictions on oil and paint. There's another site that accepts those.

joank
04-18-2012, 11:49 AM
I did that at a Riverside, County, CA landfill many years ago. I was wearing jeans, tennis shoes, tank top with over shirt , make-up (muted) and all the under dressing. It was a non-event. You will probably experience the same but have fun.

Contessa
04-18-2012, 11:58 AM
Ahhh I wanted to go! Hey girl maybe next time, I find some stuff I can throw away. How much does it cost to throw away a ton of stuff. Stacy if you want to go with us get your stuff together you've only got a year or so. Now Kim what do we wear again, I don't want to get caught being from out of town you know(smile).

Ta Ta for now

Tess

BillieJoEllen
04-18-2012, 12:05 PM
You poor ladies! Where I live getting rid of yard refuse, oil, metal things and batteries is free. And we can do it as often as we like. They used to check residency but haven't done that in years.

Cynthia Anne
04-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Ghee thats got to be at the top of my list of dreamy things to do! Who knows Kim you may be in line for the next dump lady queen of the year awards!:eek::D Hugs!

NicoleScott
04-18-2012, 12:59 PM
"Honey, I was down in the dumps so I went out and got this dress."
"Yeah, it looks like that's where it came from."

kimdl93
04-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Ghee thats got to be at the top of my list of dreamy things to do! Who knows Kim you may be in line for the next dump lady queen of the year awards!:eek::D Hugs!

Like my step daughter says 'Dream it, live it! '

Michaelasfun
04-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Exciting, Kim! I agree with your choice of outfits, I think dressing appropriately for what you're doing is the best way to stay under the radar. Anxious to hear your report!

elizabethamy
04-18-2012, 04:45 PM
I love this! Going to the dump with dad was the ultimate guy thing to do when I was a kid. Standing aroudn the old men who moved all the junk around the lot with bulldozers...watching my dad get more folksy by the minute...Kim, what you've done is almost like an immunization. If I went to the dump (recycling center) in a dress, it would truly be the moment I'd come full circle, genderwise. Cool! Bravo!

RADER
04-18-2012, 04:52 PM
KIM:
Great job on the dump, Just don't tell Karren about the Jeans.
BTW Thats about all I wear now is Fem Jeans from Woman With-IN.
Rader

BLUE ORCHID
04-18-2012, 09:34 PM
H Kim, That brings back memories when we were kids we would go to the dump and throw rocks at the rats.

Kerigirl2009
04-18-2012, 09:42 PM
You go girl, I did something similiar when I went to the compost, I was freaking out everytime someone pulled in just praying they would park away from me to unload. Definately an experience of being an everyday woman.

kimdl93
04-19-2012, 09:01 AM
You go girl, I did something similiar when I went to the compost, I was freaking out everytime someone pulled in just praying they would park away from me to unload. Definately an experience of being an everyday woman.

Merit. I was a little nervous because there was a line of pickup trucks waiting ahead ofnme...all guys. I just acted like I belonged there and the nerves abated.

Laura912
04-19-2012, 09:05 AM
Does time fly when you are in the dump? Or is it that the dump has flies? What has four wheels and flies? ba-da-boom :brolleyes:

GingerLeigh
04-19-2012, 09:07 AM
There has to be some kind of funny quip about the blonde with the junk in the trunk, but it eludes me...

daviolin
04-19-2012, 09:14 AM
How fun. Keep us posted. I love doing off the wall outings en fem. Daviolin

Ellyn
04-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Be sure to wear your work boots, since there is often sharp objects on the ground. The last load of junk I hauled I was wearing a short sleeved shirt, and covered arms are required, along with a hardhat and eye protection and your legs have to be covered as well. How feminine would you look in that? They seem to be more concerned with safety than looks. (The attendant "let me go this time" with the uncovered arms)