PDA

View Full Version : Sold my car...

Bree-asaurus
04-18-2012, 09:56 PM
Welp, I sold my Camaro. I had previously planned to pay for SRS with it, but have since then met my boyfriend and started planning for settling down and starting a family.

Good news is my super supportive dad doesn't have to lend me the money for my orchiectomy anymore and I can get some bills paid off.

After that, still going to be looking for a better job, moving in to our house, starting a family and.... then I'll be able to save for SRS.

Things don't always go as planned, but regardless, things are getting MUCH better :)

JLynn17
04-18-2012, 09:58 PM
Always good to hear things are going well for you :)

Babeba
04-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Yay! :) I'm glad things are better, Bree. I also think you are going to be a great mom. :hugs:

Miranda09
04-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Good for you Bree.....I see a bright future ahead for you. ;)

stacycoral
04-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Sorry, to hear you had to sell your car, but if it helps you get by, i know out here in the west, you just can't live here, without, Bree, best to you sis.

Traci Elizabeth
04-18-2012, 10:59 PM
Your priorities seen to be in the right place.

Bree-asaurus
04-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Your priorities seen to be in the right place.

I hope so.... I REALLY love my bf and I REAAAAALLLLLLY want to start a family with him.

I see people on here that say if you are trans you do what you have to do to be yourself, no matter what. But I dunno... I REALLY want to spend the rest of my life with my bf and I REALLY want the chance to have children wit him. I think he will be a great dad. And for that, I can put my personal needs on hold for a little while...

EDIT: Just a thought... maybe being with my boyfriend allows me to be more myself than any surgery could allow... Then again, he knows who I am and loves me for it... which I am so grateful for because I know it's hard to be trans and find someone that accepts you for who you are 100%. I am very lucky... (not bragging at all... just being aware of what I have been blessed with... I am soooo lucky to have to deal with my issues and still find the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. I don't deserve it at all...)

Anna Lorree
04-18-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm really happy that you have attained this goal. Letting go of one dream to attain another is something we all do as we go through life. You have set great life goals ahead of you. Some of them and the order you achieve them may change many times, and that's good! Otherwise we would grow stagnant in life. All that really matters is that you are happy and feel fulfilled with your life. Congratulations!!!:hugs:

Anna

ReineD
04-19-2012, 03:10 AM
I don't deserve it at all...

Yes you do. :)

Jorja
04-19-2012, 06:32 AM
I don't deserve it at all...)

Yes, you do deserve it all! Everyone here does.

Sandra1746
04-19-2012, 06:47 AM
Hi Bree, this is another step on your journey, and a great development as well. This is good news and it sounds like you are progressing well in your life and relationship.

Best of luck and good wishes.
Hugs,
Sandra1746

Julia_in_Pa
04-19-2012, 07:24 AM
Bree,

Just as your Camaro turned on a dime so does you life.

I'm very happy things are going great for you. :)

Julia

LeaP
04-19-2012, 08:21 AM
Of course you deserve it!

Putting off something as fundamental as SRS is concerning, though. It sounds a bit like putting off being yourself to be yourself. Does that make sense? Also, families rapidly consume resources and change priorities. You want to go into such things from a position of personal confidence and strength. I'm sure that cost of SRS seems huge right now. If its taken care of, you won't even think about the expense in a few years. On the other hand, put off, the cost will be higher and so will be your expenses. Many women put off their personal needs for their relationships, some for the good, some not. Be careful.

Lea

Kaitlyn Michele
04-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Gosh Bree, of course you "deserve"...

and that LAST thing you need is to feel guilty about doing what makes sense for you.

That being said, kudos to you for digging out from your funk..you sure has heck deserve that too.

having someone you love in your life as a partner is a wonderful blessing...I don't have that right now!!

kimdl93
04-19-2012, 09:15 AM
Glad to hear things are falling into place for you, Bree

Bree-asaurus
04-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Of course you deserve it!

Putting off something as fundamental as SRS is concerning, though. It sounds a bit like putting off being yourself to be yourself. Does that make sense? Also, families rapidly consume resources and change priorities. You want to go into such things from a position of personal confidence and strength. I'm sure that cost of SRS seems huge right now. If its taken care of, you won't even think about the expense in a few years. On the other hand, put off, the cost will be higher and so will be your expenses. Many women put off their personal needs for their relationships, some for the good, some not. Be careful.

Lea

My boyfriend's biological clock is ticking. If we're going to have a baby, it needs to be in the next few years. And that's assuming that once he stops testosterone that his parts will regain their functionality. It's kind of a shot in the dark really... but waiting until we are 40 is really going to kill our chances. And my boyfriend is going through a similar thing... he wants to get his chest surgery, but he doesn't want to have our child grow up on formula. His priority is our child's health and development and THEN he will get rid of the parts he hates.

Right now, that's my priority... that's what I want more than SRS. Maybe that will change, and if it does, we'll rethink how we're going to do things. But this is why I'm getting an orchi next month... to try to help hold me over while I do a couple other things in my life that are extremely important to me.

Things may not go as planned... and looking at my history, it's probably a safe assumption that they won't. But right now, today, this is my plan... and I'm really looking forward to it :)

Katesback
04-19-2012, 10:17 AM
Bree I got ta tell you that of all the trans people I think your one of the few that I can understand putting off SRS. I mean your in an almost unique situation where sexually you two are compatable. Kind of hard to visualize but then I dont think I am going to try anymore. LOL.

I got a question for you. Are both your avatar and your profile pic you? The reason I ask is ya look a lot different in both. Did you get FFS or something or is one pic earlier in transition? Just curious.

Katie

Bree-asaurus
04-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Bree I got ta tell you that of all the trans people I think your one of the few that I can understand putting off SRS. I mean your in an almost unique situation where sexually you two are compatable. Kind of hard to visualize but then I dont think I am going to try anymore. LOL.

I got a question for you. Are both your avatar and your profile pic you? The reason I ask is ya look a lot different in both. Did you get FFS or something or is one pic earlier in transition? Just curious.

Katie

Yeah... we're compatible... and we have tried to make that work but rarely is it worth it. We actually talked last night about it and decided that it was better if we stopped doing the 'compatible' part. And don't try to imagine it... lol... it's weird :P

As for my pics, the one where I have darker hair is an earlier pic of me. The blond pic is more recent. And ughh... I wish I had FFS :P

LeaP
04-19-2012, 10:30 AM
... right now, today, this is my plan... and I'm really looking forward to it :)

I hope for the very best for you and your BF, specifically including that all the relevant parts work as advertised!

Lea

Kristy_K
04-19-2012, 11:27 AM
It sounds like you have a nice plan of action Bree. I agree to be accepted for who you are is a wonderful thing and should be value. My partner does nothing but encourage me to be myself.

I wish you the best of luck Bree.

Laurie Ann
04-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Bree,

I wish you the best I hope it all works out for the both of you children provide an amazing journey.

Anne2345
04-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Things may not go as planned... and looking at my history, it's probably a safe assumption that they won't. But right now, today, this is my plan... and I'm really looking forward to it :)

"Plans are nothing; planning is everything." - Dwight Eisenhower.

Plans are designed to achieve a goal based on something you think or hope may happen, and are thus subject to being derailed when circumstances change. Planning, on the other, allows flexibility to negotiate through the unexpected, unanticipated, and unknown, and to adapt as necessary as you go along.

It sounds to me that you and your bf have determined your priorities, and are working towards making it all happen, and that's fantastic!!! I am really happy for the both of you! But I wouldn't get caught up so much in the "plan" itself. Rather, I would keep doing as you are doing - continue to move forward towards your goals, take it one step at a time, and adapt your planning as necessary. But what the heck do I know? As is painfully obvious from my posts, I'm just as out of control and clueless as anyone. So consider my words at your own risk. :straightface: LOL!!!

I don't deserve it at all...

Whatchoo talking bout, girlfriend???!!! You are a beautiful, wonderful, fantastic person!!! You absolutely deserve it all! :)

Bree-asaurus
04-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the kind words... especially about me deserving what I am blessed with.

I think when I said "I don't deserve it" I didn't really mean that literally... I think I mean something more along the lines of... I'm so lucky to have what I have and sometimes I just can't believe it. My whole life has been so... blah. Being this happy just seems unreal.

"Plans are nothing; planning is everything." - Dwight Eisenhower.

Plans are designed to achieve a goal based on something you think or hope may happen, and are thus subject to being derailed when circumstances change. Planning, on the other, allows flexibility to negotiate through the unexpected, unanticipated, and unknown, and to adapt as necessary as you go along.

It sounds to me that you and your bf have determined your priorities, and are working towards making it all happen, and that's fantastic!!! I am really happy for the both of you! But I wouldn't get caught up so much in the "plan" itself. Rather, I would keep doing as you are doing - continue to move forward towards your goals, take it one step at a time, and adapt your planning as necessary.

Oh I totally agree. Nothing I have done, especially my transition has gone according to plan. I don't have a plan per-say... I guess it's more of a list of priorities. I'm just focusing my efforts on my top priority. When my list changes, I'll simply have a new top priority to focus on :D

Traci Elizabeth
04-19-2012, 05:08 PM
My boyfriend's biological clock is ticking. If we're going to have a baby, it needs to be in the next few years. And that's assuming that once he stops testosterone that his parts will regain their functionality. It's kind of a shot in the dark really... but waiting until we are 40 is really going to kill our chances. And my boyfriend is going through a similar thing... he wants to get his chest surgery, but he doesn't want to have our child grow up on formula. His priority is our child's health and development and THEN he will get rid of the parts he hates.

Right now, that's my priority... that's what I want more than SRS. Maybe that will change, and if it does, we'll rethink how we're going to do things. But this is why I'm getting an orchi next month... to try to help hold me over while I do a couple other things in my life that are extremely important to me.

You do know you can open an account at the bank!

What bank?

Where else, the Sperm Bank!

Bree-asaurus
04-19-2012, 05:38 PM
You do know you can open an account at the bank!

What bank?

Where else, the Sperm Bank!

Too late now. If 2 years on HRT didn't kill my fertility, it still isn't going to come back in a month before an orchi.

I went off for a little while before and nothing came back. I don't think I could last long enough to find out for sure just how long it takes to regain fertility.

And that still doesn't fix my boyfriend's issue.