PDA

View Full Version : Will I get in trouble?

naye
04-18-2012, 11:47 PM
Hi, I am just trying to experience more with my feminine side, and now that the summer is approaching I was decided to buy a new bikini or a one pice swimsuit and use it for having a swim in the lake, I am not planning in going to a crowded area, just going to a local beach, maybe one weekday so it will not be so crowded, and take of my male clothes only for having the run to the water and experience how it feels to swim in a female swimsuit.

But.......

Today I found this video on youtube, and it has made me think twice about doing that :sad:

What do you think?

Cheers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMf3ZFXfjx8

Brynn_A
04-19-2012, 12:04 AM
Hiya Naye. Long story short..your location will depend on what can happen. I do know that Ohio has a fairly draconian view. Best advice is to research your local laws. You can usually call a lawyer and get a few simple questions answered for free.

Jacqueline Winona
04-19-2012, 12:05 AM
First of all, arresting him for nothing more than wearing that swimsuit is just plain wrong. Public indecency? Not unless he was flashing. As for you, obviously something like this could happen, as the video shows. As I said earlier, I see nothing indecent or illegal about wearing a swimsuit in public, even if it's a bikini. But it's your call and your call alone as you know hte area where you want to go better than us, and know how tolerant they would be.

Simply Joslyn
04-19-2012, 12:38 AM
You would be fine in the description they mention
SUGARCREEK TOWNSHIP, Ohio - A man clad in a women's swimsuit allegedly harassed lakegoers and exposed himself, Ohio police said.

Police arrested 41-year-old Kevin L. Miller Monday after disturbances in a Sugarcreek Township, Ohio neighborhood.

Prosecutor Ron Lewis said Miller swam into the Little Miami River to chase two women who were canoeing and chased two juveniles who had visited an ice cream shop. Lewis also said Miller also partially exposed himself while wearing the swimsuit.

Miller was charged with five counts of public indecency and three counts of menacing.

He pleaded not guilty and remained in jail on a $10,000 bond.

Of course why would the news team say any actual details, just don't go chasing any icecream shop goers and you should be good

DonnaT
04-19-2012, 02:05 PM
:yt:

He wasn't arrested for what he wore.

Barbara Ella
04-19-2012, 02:09 PM
It always gets down to what you do and not really what you wear. No flashing please.

Barbara

Jenniferathome
04-19-2012, 02:21 PM
He is accused of exposing himself and harassing people. He didn't get arrested for being Ina women's swimsuit. A bikini is not more or less revealing than a speedo. You can NOT be arrested for cross dressing.

Chickhe
04-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Its not illegal, but some people are so bigotted they will lie just to get the cops to come... so, who knows if this person did what they said... the people could have approached him first or he could have been taunting them. ...anyhow, nothing illegal about wearing anything you want...I guess you might have the best results if you blend in better and keep a distance from anyone else.

Uggg... I followed some of the other links and here's another one, very discouraged by the police action especially breaking the driver's privacy rights and admitting they will stop him just by the way he is dressed and encouraged by the positive comments posted after the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=7lLDjFKtNl4

Cynthia Anne
04-19-2012, 05:51 PM
I say go and have fun! Keep it clean and there wont be any trouble! Hugs!

Lorileah
04-19-2012, 06:46 PM
As long as you cover what needs to be covered by local decency laws, you should not have an issue. It is a piece of cloth that is designed to cover the genitalia(or perceived sexual organs as in breasts). As long as it does that you are within your rights. They may not like what you wear and if it is a private beach they may limit what you wear, but on a legal front, there should be no issue as long as you don't do something illegal while in it. Remember 100 years ago men had to be covered from neck to knee (women even more) so wearing a one piece would certainly fill that order. Also remember that 40 years ago most men wore Speedo type (brief) swimsuits which would now be a bikini bottom. And personally, many men should wear a bra on the beach just because...ewwwww

Simply Joslyn
04-19-2012, 07:53 PM
And personally, many men should wear a bra on the beach just because...ewwwww I second this just look at Arnold:devil:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3132/2563241257_b695a55935.jpg
Sorry Arnold nothing personal

Jacqueline Winona
04-19-2012, 10:06 PM
it's comforting to know he wasn't arrested for exposing just because of the suit, the TV news story was pretty misleading

JohnH
04-20-2012, 11:35 AM
I have to wear a woman's swimsuit because of my breasts so it is not a fetish sort of thing for me to wear one.

I was busted for public intoxication while wearing a dress. At traffic court nothing was mentioned at all about my unusual attire.

John

lilmissjenny
04-20-2012, 12:01 PM
i wore a bikini while en femme last summer at a public beach at the ocean and all i got was being stared at by some older guy and his wife who was 50ft away from me and my gf. i just ignored them and stayed away from the area they were in. albeit, the beach wasnt full of a bunch of people (it was off season...in September) but still, i guess the guy felt disturbed that there was a crossdresser in a bikini on the beach that looked better in one than his wife did....lol. we even walked by a family that had young children with them and they never said anything about me...and i was even talking to my gf while we passed them.

it all depends on the generation of people i guess as to how comfortable people feel about a guy wearing a womens bathing suit in public. i say go for it but just be safe.

btw, i plan on wearing a new bikini my gf bought for me, this year at the beach again. i just dont care what people think...

~Joanne~
04-20-2012, 12:17 PM
I second this just look at Arnold:devil:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3132/2563241257_b695a55935.jpg
Sorry Arnold nothing personal

Why does his stomach in the second picture look like a monkey's face? lmao

If you are comfortable enough to wear a bikini, not planning on flashing people, threatening people, harassing people.....etc, etc, etc I say go for it. Like mentioned here there is NO LAW saying what you wear as long as it covers all the areas that need covering. If you do decide to wear your bikini make sure you have the top on or they may claim your boobs are exposed....not that you need to be told this ;)

Sarasometimes
04-20-2012, 12:30 PM
I would go first to that lake and size up the feel of the area. Be discreet in what your suit covers and keep to yourself. Personally I doubt the guy in the video flashed anyone while wearing a onepiece swimsuit or if he did it may have been inadvertant. He may have done what he is accused of but it wouldn't surprise me if mob mentality played a part. I can envision him running toward the lake like anyone else there and all of a sudden someone realizes his gender and then others view his actions similarly.
Be cautious and if the lake has some management (ie. state park, community lake) call or stop by and explain what you wish to do. NJ requires places of public accommodation not to discriminate based on gender expresion other may or may not. The benefit to reaching out first is that should accusation or problems arise you can state thatyou spoke to sos and so an are here just o get some sun and swim.
Keep us posted and don't forget to groom appropriately (wax/shave).

naye
04-20-2012, 11:35 PM
Thank you all for your answers, I will wait for some warmers days, and I will try it, and for sure I will share my experience with all of you.

joninlingerie
04-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Technoloy is part of the problem, if he was being stupid then thats on him. But people with cell phones feel its their obligation to make a phone call of some one they see as they drive by for a split second. The cameras are even worse. Oh well act with decorum and class and u should be ok.

Lorenqt
04-23-2012, 07:35 AM
As long as you're not causing anyone actual harm or breaking any laws, (Although if the authorities try to tell you that it's against the law to wear women's cloths, you should ask them to make all the women wear skirts.:lol:) then there shouldn't be any trouble.

That being said, you should use discretion. Some of the "good ole boys", if you have any where you live, wouldn't think twice about trying to confirm their "hetrosexuality" by attempting to knocking you around.

hi_i_am_shy
04-23-2012, 07:46 AM
I dont know about where you are, what the people are like...but to be honest if you did that here, I dont think many people would pay any attention..

Claire Cook
04-23-2012, 07:53 AM
I don't know about this. I have several women's suits that I wear when swimming in our pool (it's a great feeling!) but I've never considered doing this in public I'd want to wear a wig, or a bathing cap, and make sure that I did a really good tuck job. Funny, I have few compunctions about going out as a woman, but I think I'd draw the line here.

KandisTX
04-23-2012, 08:33 AM
You can NOT be arrested for cross dressing.

That is not entirely true. Now, while crossdressing in itself is NOT an offence worthy of arrest, there are some laws on the books where it states "You can be arrested for crossdressing if in fact it was done with the purpose of hiding your appearance in the commission of another crime". While the wording there is vague enough some of them have changed to specify felony crimes.

As to the OP: Wear what you want, it's not a crime to wear a women's swimsuit. It's not a crime to crossdress. What the man in the video got arrested for was exposing himself. Be yourself, have fun and enjoy the feeling of swimming in your bikini... I know I do :)

Sam-antha
04-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Lets get it right. You can wear what you want, where you want. Bikinis need a bit more confidence than a skirt and cami top. Wearing one on the lake side should not be so very difficult and I find that a distance of 10 -15 yards min from others is just fine. It is the deck chair crowd that can be dangerous.
I do suggest that you do not run for the water, we cannot run convincingly in a bikini. Besides running into the water requires a splash entry and running and splashing are sort of performance fro the public and would mean a bedraggled wig which I doubt that many of us can cope with.
Go carefully and enjoy a great experience.
~Samm
PS Never mind park keepers etc, just go and do your thing.
S~

KerryLynn
04-23-2012, 10:58 PM
Let me say I just moved from SC and I spent last summer about 8 to 10 trips to the beach wearing a two piece, and no one had an issue with it. I guess it is just where you go.

Uggg... I followed some of the other links and here's another one, very discouraged by the police action especially breaking the driver's privacy rights and admitting they will stop him just by the way he is dressed and encouraged by the positive comments posted after the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=7lLDjFKtNl4
Really?!?! I'm shocked the PD didn't get sued. And the fact they said Vice could pick you up just for the way your dressed on national tv?!?!

Intertwined
04-24-2012, 12:29 AM
just a couple of scrolls down from the top of the page in the following link, is Men in 1930's swimwear that looks darn near identical to a current womens 1 piece..

1930 mens fashion (http://www.swingfashionista.com/category/mens-fashion/)