PDA

View Full Version : Split earlobe repair

Empress Lainie
04-19-2012, 05:46 AM
A few years ago just months after I got my ears pierced for the first time (age 74!)
I made the mistake of wearing a pair of dangling earrings to sleep. The left one during the night ripped down and out of my earlobe. there was virtually no blood and certainly no pain of any kind, but now I have a split ear lobe from where the piercing was.

I would like information about repairing the split so I can wear pierced earrings without the clip-on adapter on that ear again.

Note: It grew back together once and I was able to use the hole for a while, then it re-split the same place.

I know doctors use superglue to mend incisions, as was done with my first pacemaker, but certainly I would be scared to do it myself--wind up gluing my fingers to my ear!

I have had people tell me of micro stitching to repair it.

Any knowledgeable advice would be appreciated.

Stephanie Michelle
04-19-2012, 02:09 PM
A former GF had a split ear lobe for several years. I told her she should get it fixed because she kept loosing her clip ons cause they would fall off. she finally went to a general surgeon and it cost only $200 bucks and her re-pierced her ear slightly higher to match the other side. It took 20 minutes and she said it was painless.

5150 Girl
04-20-2012, 01:03 AM
I don't think this is, or should be a DIY project for naybody.... consult a physition

Empress Lainie
04-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Have no intention of doing it myself!

Laura912
04-20-2012, 05:47 PM
These days this is not an uncommon problem for plastic surgeons. Will not be covered by Medicare!