PDA

View Full Version : Has anyones SO questioned your orientation or brought up dressing up before you did?

Jennifer Monroe
04-19-2012, 11:43 AM
I was just thinking today if people know who you are even if you try and hide from them. Do you think people can tell your orientation or if you like feminine things? I have had a former girlfriend ask me if I like men where I thought it was hidden. I also had my wife years ago ask me directly if I fancy guys. I thought I was careful but obviously not. I asked her how she knew and she said she could tell. I also wonder if they could tell if you like way too many feminine things without being obvious.

janet54
04-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Jennifer. No one can tell by looking at you. Be honest I told my lady right from the start. Be true to yourself.That is the best thing I can tell you girl!!!!

Michaelasfun
04-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Yes. This year, when I became more serious about dressing, I realized the need to shave my legs if I were to look passable in a skirt or shorts, so I started shaving and using hair remover cream on my legs to get them smoothed out. My wife noticed, and I just told her I like feeling clean and smooth. She then went further, asking if I had desires for a man to touch my legs, or go further than that. So she was fishing, but just wasn't quite going where my interests lay. For the record, as I feel about it today, I'm hetero, and just enjoy dressing en femme.

elizabethamy
04-19-2012, 12:47 PM
"You must be gay" seems to be the default assumption of most SO's when they first discover crossdressing. bit of an educational problem we have there...just a little one!

STACY B
04-19-2012, 01:12 PM
Well if you look at men in a sexual manner you probily are . An lets just move on , Its not the end of the world ,,Get you a boy friend , That like guys but want them to look like girls . Problem solved ,, Ill mail ya the BILL !!

Nikki A.
04-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Not a SO, but a female friend just asked another friend if I was a CD. I later asked her why she thought it and she said I had a femmenine aura, not gay but femenine.

Cheryl T
04-19-2012, 02:48 PM
I think that people will "Assume" your orientation if they discover a propensity to wear women's clothing, but you know what happens when you "Assume"....

kimdl93
04-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Are you gay is almost always the first question asked she you come out to anyone. Its one of the most fundamental presumptions about crossdressing and perhaps the most unfounded.

Veronica27
04-20-2012, 02:46 PM
I just finished mentioning the question my second wife asked me about whether I had ever tried on a bra, in the need to know thread. The link to my reply is the following:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?172911-The-Need-To-Dress&daysprune=-1

She never asked me about my sexual orientation, however, as she had no doubts about that one.

Veronica

PretzelGirl
04-20-2012, 09:25 PM
It is strange because I have never been asked if I was gay (the same with the transitioning question). I really find it interesting that most people say they get it all the time.

DanaR
04-21-2012, 01:00 AM
I've been asked a few times, by people that I just had met if I was gay. This is the answer that I usually give. Do I dress up in women's clothes because I'm looking for a guy? No, I'm not into guys, so because I'm dressed as a girl and like girls it must mean that I'm gay. It usually creates some thought in the person I'm talking to, but they seem to understand.

Sophie_C
04-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Yes, it's been presumed, WIDELY, by most people I know, since my body language naturally is rather feminine that I'm gay and in the closet.

I'm not having any ego with these behaviors, I don't think I'm better than anyone else here.

I've had conversations with friends so that I could "correct" things (aka "hide it better") and it only sort of helps.

Renee_E
04-22-2012, 07:38 AM
My Father said I would make someone a wonderful wife!