PDA

View Full Version : When things get in the way....

Nichola
04-20-2012, 04:24 AM
Do any of you ever feel like things conspire against you to stop you dressing? :heehee:

Last Wednesday I planned to have a girl day but then had an 11 hour power cut, then yesterday a whole load of silly things seemed to get it the way. First the tv & internet went off, so I had to wait around incase they sent someone to repair it, then once that was repaired I was halfway through shaving my body in the shower & the water went off lol.
Finally got the water back on, then I got a phonecall from my parents asking for a lift to the airport. Arrrrrrrrggggghhhhh! So my planned girl day & night was reduced to an hour & a half lol:heehee:
Oh well, maybe Saturday:)

Anybody else had days like this??? lol

Jeanna
04-20-2012, 04:37 AM
Oh yes many times I have had to change my plans to dress because of life but that's my life:)

Cynthia Anne
04-20-2012, 04:58 AM
It's called life! She--it happens! Been there! Hugs!

suzy1
04-20-2012, 04:58 AM
Every cloud has a silver lining as my old mum used to say.

When you eventually do get the time to dress it will be even better! Roll on Saturday Nichola.:GD:

Claire Cook
04-20-2012, 05:10 AM

When you eventually do get the time to dress it will be even better! Roll on Saturday Nichola.:GD:

:cheer: Yep, go for Saturday! It's happened to me twice this week, so I'll make up for it today. I keep thinking, hey, I've got the rest of my life to be me, so if there is a little bump in the road, I'll just go around it.

Jessica86
04-20-2012, 05:24 AM
All the time!!!! Last Halloween, New Years.....you name it. I'm still trying to get out of this closet! I'm off the next three weeks. I'm going to go out some time during that.

kimdl93
04-20-2012, 08:09 AM
Its happened many times. I was accustomed to dressing full time and my step daughter moved back in with us. I finally came out to her so I wouldn't have to hide.

Tina B.
04-20-2012, 08:20 AM
Nothing worse than life getting in the way of a good time, I know been there many times.
Tina B.

Cheryl T
04-20-2012, 09:01 AM
It happens...sometimes more frequently than we would like, but it's just a blink of an eye in the grand scheme of life.
It passes before you realize and soon enough opportunities appear.
Patience.....

rachaelsloane
04-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Considered it just another day in the life of "Nichola". Sounds like you handled it all very well and hopefully you were able to have a glass of wine when you finally were able to get dressed? You know, we all lost out as I'm sure you looked as fabulous as always, and we're not going to see the pictures you would have taken and posted.
Rachael

Nichola
04-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Considered it just another day in the life of "Nichola". Sounds like you handled it all very well and hopefully you were able to have a glass of wine when you finally were able to get dressed? You know, we all lost out as I'm sure you looked as fabulous as always, and we're not going to see the pictures you would have taken and posted.
Rachael

Yeah, all in good fun Rachael:heehee: I started laughing when the water went off. No wine but drinks tonight for sure, albeit with my friends in boy mode:)

Jackiefl
04-20-2012, 10:46 AM
I have this funny saying i heard a long time ago,don't know who said it and don't want to offend anyone but here goes. How do you make god laugh,.....tell him your plans.

Melissa_59
04-20-2012, 10:51 AM

And lightning strikes hundreds of people trying to find it every year! :)

Seriously though, it seems like the last few weekends my yard's sprinkler system and the associated fire ants have conspired to keep me from dressing. I replaced the last broken sprinkler head yesterday, and the 20-odd fire ant bites on my right arm should heal in a week or two. Long sleeves until then.

Melissa

STACY B
04-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Dont even get me started ,,,, I thought I was being watched at one time it was so bad ? Not just 1 or 2 things but alot ,,, Get all the way dressed at night LATE at night no way anyone would come over or call ,,,,,,,,,, YEA RITE !!! Someone beating down my door or blowing my phone up ,,,Whatcha doing ,,, Come get me ,,, Go do this an that ,,, Dammit cant a girl have her time GEEZ,,,,,,, Thats another good reason to jump out YE OL CLOSET ,,,,

Stephanie47
04-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Yep, it happens every year around mid June when school is out for the summer and the wife is home. Oh, how I would love to sit in the warm sun in the backyard in a lovely sun dress!

Jorja
04-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Yep, it happens every year around mid June when school is out for the summer and the wife is home. Oh, how I would love to sit in the warm sun in the backyard in a lovely sun dress!

They do have summer school you know. Idea????????????? Muahahahahaha

DeeArel
04-20-2012, 03:15 PM
I have experienced the same frustations with "life" getting in the way. Two things that are important to remember.

With the exception of the utilities, you are fortunate to have others whose needs you will put before yours.

Secondly, it is the time spent doing what we want as opposed to the times we would have liked.

Michaelasfun
04-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Haha, nice! Yes, I worked up the courage to go out and shop the dept. stores fully dressed shortly before joining this site, and after spending all the time to do all that's necessary to prepare and trying to work up courage to walk out the door, my wife called and wanted to know if someone could drop by for some random reason. I was like, oh xxxx, now I have to do a crash dive back into drab! Luckily I was able to defer it for another day, but it is funny how sometimes things conspire against you.

"Life is what happens where you're making other plans."
-John Lennon

PretzelGirl
04-20-2012, 09:21 PM
I have times where things like that happen. The thing is, if dressing wasn't something that gets hidden, then these things would just seem like a normal part of life. Because we don't want those people to know, it just becomes more frustrating. I hope you have better luck the next time.

Diane Smith
04-21-2012, 12:41 AM
Power, cable TV and water all in the same week? You need to move to a civilized country where the utilities are more reliable. (... ducking and running ...)

- Diane

stacycoral
05-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Nichola, your not the only one that things go wrong when you have a special night plan on dressing, it wrost when you don't think the kids will be home so soon. Quick change.

BLUE ORCHID
05-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Hi Nichola, I make plans all day and someone comes over and it's late when they leave and then I don't feel like dressing.