PDA

View Full Version : Hi all! LTNS and I Talked to the people I work for.

KerryLynn
04-20-2012, 10:31 AM
I know its been a while since I've posted here. Last time it was during the Summer after I had gone to the beach so First i want to say. Hi all I've missed you all.
Well the story starts with me talking to one of my supervisors at work and I was looking over the dress code. Now it's obvious that I am a TG I dress all the time. Maybe not to the nines with makeup and all but jeans or girls pants, bra, and at most times I have some sort of feminine or uni-sex t-shirt on. But with summer coming on I wanted to see if it was ok to do away with the cover up t-shirt. After talking to the 2nd from the top onsite where I work they said. "So long as you follow what is on the dress code it doesn't matter what you wear." So Wednesday I wore a blank shirt with some drawn animals from the World Wildlife Foundation. Yesterday was a pair of 70's style patchwork jeans and a white spaghetti tank top, underneath a slouched shoulder crop-top with white brown and pink stripes. Today its a white long sleeved top with a black lace bottomed tank with a shelf bra. and a pair of Hollister jeans. I have had people complement me on my outfits, even the girl who gave me the two shirts.

So not only have I moved from South Carolina to Missouri, gotten my own place, started working, but I work for a job that they are open for those who cross dress.

Just thought I would share this week :)
Kerry

kimdl93
04-20-2012, 11:41 AM
you are very fortunate. Best wishes with the new job in a supportive environment.

Cynthia Anne
04-20-2012, 11:44 AM
That's great Kerry Lynn! From another Missouri girl I'm happy for you! Hugs!

Jorja
04-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Yea for you! You will find that most (did you hear that, MOST) employers do not really care what you wear, as long as it is within the dress code. So why is there a dress code? A dress code is necessary because people will wear clothing that is not safe for the type of work being done in most (did you hear that, MOST) cases. This protects the employer from the possibility of liability. Also, in many situations (did you hear that, MANY) such as an office it is considered unprofessional to wear jeans, shorts, torn clothing and such. And lastly, if you dress everyone the same it helps cut down on individualism. No one is dressed better or worse than anyone else. More time is spent on actually doing the job.

I just thought I would help everyone understand where the employer is coming from.

KerryLynn
04-20-2012, 04:26 PM
I would have respected the answer if they had said no because I've worked for myself I know what it means to be in the public eye. 13 years of customer service jobs will do that to you. :)

NicoleScott
04-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Well, it is the "Show Me" state.

Tina B.
04-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Very cool job you've found!
Tina B.